Ipad 2 Or Ipad3

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Fyew-jit-tiv, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Hello all,

This is mainly a question to the Guru's in the US.

I'm in the market for 2 ipads for my kids. I have looked around the net for a release date for the iPad 3 but all i seem to find is speculation. Do any of you guys know of a confirmed release date? I'd like to know now cause the kids are busting my arse over this:bang: and if i cant get a confirmed date then i just get them the ipad2.

Thanks.

Fugitive.

2. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    they are announcing the ipad 3 on march 7. apple releases their products shortly after announcements.

I would wait.

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Just wait, who knows if they decide to drop the price.

deltatux

4. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I have heard shops are starting to drop prices now for the iPad2, so the 3 must be imminent.

So either buy the 2 at the cheaper price or get the 3. Would the kids benefit by the 3 or would the 2 do just as fine (might save you some cash).

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Until an Apple product is actually released everything is pure speculation (iPhone 4S as an example). Hold out till March 9, if no ipad 3/2S shows up .. go ahead with the current product.

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Confirmed, rumour (very likely) and rumour (likely, but can also be the A5X instead).

So other than the date, what you stated except the date are rumours.

deltatux

7. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Why would you get them an iPad?

Waste of money IMO, if you was getting 1 then ok but iPads are not cheap!

Why not go for a cheaper tablet? Or better yet, if you insist on spending more money, a better tablet for the same price? like the new Asus Transformer for example.

8. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 680 2Gb
    i betya it is the game, and if they are kids.. alot better to use for smaller generations. android can get a bit clunky

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Highly debatable, both Android (3.x+) and iOS make great tablet operating systems. Both have about the same number of apps. iOS leads the way in terms of tablet-specific app while Android normally just resize it for tablets. Often, they look as good as their tablet-specific counterparts.

deltatux

10. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Thanks for feedback. Im gonna hold out for the next week or so and see what happens with the prices. If i were buying for myself then i would opt for the andriod as i dont think apples ios is worth it. To simple for me. But for the kids then i do think apples ios is basic enough for them hence why i decided to go with the ipad. Lets see whats happens over the next few days.

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Android 3.x+ is quite straight forward. Don't discredit your kids, they're often a lot smarter than you think when it comes to digital media ;).

deltatux

12. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    My 2 boys are 7 & 9 and believe me its hard work having to constantly fix things in my household. This is where ipad does the trick for me. There ain't much they do to make things go wrong. where as android only needs you to delete the wrong thing and trouble. I love android and personally would never use another apple product but for my kids i think its the right choice for now.

13. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If you don't root the tablets, you won't have any problems with Android. You can even hide the file manager from them and they won't delete any files in the /sdcard directory.

This is not a worry one should have. With kids you'd be more worried about them physically breaking them than screwing up the software aspect of the tablet. Many Android tablets have Gorilla Glass screens installed.

deltatux

14. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Ipad 3 Release date is scheduled for March 16th and will replace the prices of the Ipad 2. Right now you can get an Ipad 2 16gb for 399$ US directly from Apple. (APPLE LINK)

15. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    its not the ipad 3 guys! its the NEW ipad!
    upgrades are:
    new camera
    4x amount of pixels for screen.
    new GPU, same cpu.
    4g LTE
    bigger battery (to compensate for LTE)

16. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Officially it's the ipad3 but in reality it's the same move they done with the iphone4 to iphone 4s. What they should have done is branded it as the ipad 2s. Looks like apple is running out of ideas.

17. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    No, it's officially just called "the new iPad". Apple did not call it iPad 3.

They're shifting the naming process to how they name their desktops and laptops.

deltatux

18. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    so what your saying is they are going to eventually be named ipad pro? doubt that very much.

19. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    neither

20. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    for kids as little as you'z , I'd consider getting the ipad 2 slightly used for a more favorable price !
    The extra screen resolution , would be abit much for the eyes with the ipad 3 !

There's no doubt the ipad 3 is the only best way forward generally speaking but in your case I'd much rather suggest opting for something cheaper with larger icons and stuff , thus the ipad 2 !