Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    I'd need some help from someone who either finished the game, or advanced pretty far..

WARNING, SPOILER ALLERT!!

So, I came to the mission where I have to resolve the Geth / Quarian problem..
    I've killed the Reaper, and then I have to chose between letting Legion upload the reaper code, or letting the geth die.
    Now, I choose to help Legion, and here's my problem.
    Tali goes "Noooo, don't do this", the Quarians don't want to stop attacking the Geth, Legion can't upload the code so he sacrifices himself, Geth kill Quarians, Tali attempts suicide, etc..

Now, I don't want either the Geth or the Quarians be harmed.
    I heard it's possible to achieve this, dunno how thou, so I'll need some help on this.
    I've even read somewhere, that even Legion can survive and come back to the Normandy with you..
    So, anyone that knows what to do, please help :(

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    right, just played this for a couple of hours or so.

If I ever hear that swtor had a "like a REALLY good story line" I'll go to that person's home and smack them hard. This is how things should be done. I have to say ME2 beginning was a lot more immersive though, that was hardly ever gonna be surpassed.

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
  4. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    ha

unlocked Monday afternoon

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

No school this week = serious damage lol

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    How retarded is this:

Since my "My Documents" folder is not on the default C: drive, in order for ME3 to save my progress I HAVE TO CREATE A NEW GODDAM USER ACCOUNT AND CAN ONLY PLAY THE GAME WHILE LOGGED INTO THAT ACCOUNT!!!! wtf????

That is ****ing mental! creating a new account JUST to play ME3. **** OFF Biowarez you stupid **** *****s

/rant.

Have a lovely and peaceful day. :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  7. nomec

nomec Active Member

I honestly can't really tell, but I dropped it back to 64 anyways. I bumped the max to 2048 though.

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Damn a bunch of friends and I played the multiplayer for quite a bit and we actually enjoyed it a lot. Multiplayer kinda got us all by surprise.

9. craziplaya21

craziplaya21 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 ACX
    The Find function doesn't work for some reason. It keeps saying it can't find the specified text. Anyway, I was able to find it manually thanks to your screenshot. However, changing it seems to have done nothing. You have done this on the retail copy, not the demo copy, right?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  10. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    those damn reapers chasing you around in the galaxy map is freaking annoying!! let me explore the universe in peace damnit lol. i suppose they decided to implement this as some kind of stupid mini game like in all other Bioware games?

and there isn't any consequence when you get caught. all that happens is the screen goes black and says Critical Mission Failure, then you can resume the game at the exact place on the galaxy map.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    epic game is epic. took me about 44hrs to finish it. now for 2 things

1. the gameplay was outstanding

bioware, i am disappoint. i waited all these years for this series to come to an end and when i finally get there, you guys make some sh!ty endings. good job on ruining it. :wanker:

12. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    My document is not located on C drive and ME3 work just fine....

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Change it. :)

C:\Games\Mass Effect 3\Data

<string name="USERDATA_DIR">${CSIDL_PERSONAL}\BioWare\Mass Effect 3</string>

You might have to change a number of those lines, I've not gone through that particular file much myself.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have My Documents, My Music and My Videos all located on my D: partition and have had no problems saving games and resuming them in Mass Effect 3. The game also detected my Mass Effect 2 save correctly too so I was able to import my level 27 Vanguard John Shepard character.

I've only played the game to the second mission and, so far, it is business as usual and nothing too different from the last game other that some tweaks here and there. That is a good thing in some ways as it maintains consistency. Unlike the demo though, I haven't been asked whether I want a Narrative, Action, etc. experience, only something about making decisions which I chose, so does that comes after the second mission? I want to focus on the story for my first play through you see.

My gripes, though minor so far, are the poor lip-synching, the lifeless eyes on the character models, some really poor texturing and the noticeably inferior quality and slight judderiness of the pre-rendered FMV cutscenes (which are mixed with real-time stuff). Given that the game often uses real-time cutscenes that run smoother, I find it irksome that the game uses FMV at all. There again this is also a console release and the demos I played of those could barely handle the real-time cutscenes without major framerate dips so it is, perhaps, not that surprising. Shame the PC wasn't given a bit more love and care here really.

Oddly, for all the console hang-overs the one thing BioWare didn't keep in was Xbox 360 controller support, something I'd have preferred as I find WSAD movement to be extremely clunky compared with analogue sticks. Fortunately, I have a mouse with side buttons so I was able to map run/jump/cover and melee to them. I guess I'll get used to it in time but it is disappointing that BioWare refuse to support this control scheme when everything else about the game uses console assets!

15. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I'm extremely disappointed in the ending. It was terrible.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Shepard woke up and realized it was all a dream??...:3eyes:

NO.....DON'T SPOIL IT....

Btw I fixed my savegame problem....idk how this worked but I found a save folder in the install directory and copied my save file from the other account to it.

From then on all my games saved normally. How weird is that?

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I don't know what they did to the eyes but they (eye balls at least) definitely looked better in ME2.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Yeah when they look at you it's like they really aren't looking at you lol

19. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Is it possible there are multiple endings and you probably experienced the worst one ????

20. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    from what i've heard, there are multiple endings based on your choices AND your effective military rating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.