AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.960.0 February 28) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Mar 2, 2012.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    VIA could have been a major player, SiS had a chance, 3DFX messed up by trying to do it all themselves in house ( I miss 3DFX a lot). VIA's problem is money and workforce.

Thing is, everybody is focusing on mobile, even Nvidia is starting to go this route. If it wasn't for AMD's constant boasting about having the "World's Fastest Graphics card.", every generation, Nvidia probably wouldn't give a crap about desktop GPU's

This age is all about mobile and it realllly pains me to say this. I do not care for ipads and the like.

All we will have to depend on is AMD/ATI and Nvidia for a good while.

2. qed

qed Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6990 CrossfireX
    Drivers are _very_ unstable for me, had to rollback after several freezes.

Now, even after uninstalling, cleaning everything with Driver Sweeper and reinstalling the 12.1 I _can't_ get OpenCL working at all. Why those drivers are on the main page of guru3d in the first place?

3. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Very unstable Catalysts For me too !

Double CCC loaded, BSOD...

Back to the last stable drivers : 11.2 Preview + 12.2 CAP 1

4. Arm@

Arm@ Guest

GPU:
    AMD Gigabyte 5970
    Hey guys.I m new to these forums/although i have visited the Drivers-related-threads
    countless times.
    So..what happened to win XP versions?
    I can see all latest (except 12.1) are available only for Vista/7 versions :/

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Been using the driver for a few days, no major issues.. or any issues at all on my single GPU 5570. No performance increase or decrease that's noticeable either

6. GIBF4

GIBF4 Guest

Here's HD5670 1024 on Win7 Ultimate, never been better with these, no issues at all and yes, better than all previous 8.95's from 03-01 till 24-02. These are now keepers for me until something better come by (De/Installing with AtiMan 6.3.1.). Greetz.

7. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Looks like best driver for low end cards :grin2:

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

These drivers caused instability with a 6970 when overclocked, and there was no uninstall in add/remove software so had to run the driver's setup again.

9. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
  10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Seems like these are the most unstable drivers in a long time.

11. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Keepers for me. Working great with all games i'm currently playing. :D

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It would be really nice to see a real assessment of these drivers instead of BSOD.

What is the error you receive when you "BSOD" What is the exact issues you guys are experiencing.

Why are some of you with high end cards reporting that they are flawless, and others are not.

There has to be something going on in the system if these are not cooperating. More detailed information can be helpful.

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I can't recall a single BSOD, crashing CCC, or any major issue anyone reported, and I think I tried every beta driver in the 12.* series, and some 11.* series.

I have a single GPU, 5570, overclocked at 850Mhz/850Mhz. I always either wipe drivers clean via Driver Sweep or ATIMan, or just clean install them when I reinstall Windows.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I know MSI Afterburner has some major issues when trying to install these later few leaked drivers. If you don't uninstall MSI Afterburner before installing the set, it can screw over 2D to 3D clocks.

I recently had this problem, when installing the FEB 14th 8.96 set. BF3 wouldn't kick into 3D clocks. I uninstalled Afterburner, reinstalled the driver, and it was fine.

If anybody has Afterburner installed try uninstalling it, reboot, then install the driver. I know this worked for me. I'm really feeling iffy on all the posts about this set and Crossfire. Thus why I was hoping for more info by the HD 7 series users with Crossfire.

15. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    These are the most stable beta drivers I've tried this year. The others had various issues like broken Afterburner, crashing, no CCC, weird/lost settings in CCC etc.. These are just awesome.

16. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti
    hmmm, interesting to see most posts diametrically opposed to each other...:infinity:

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    per unwinder, ati has permanently removed the atipdlxx.dll from ccc after 12.2. AB's Unofficial OC mode requires this.

You can put 12.2's version back in the syswow64/system32 directory and it will work for now but causes some odd behavior.

People who are not having issues are most likely not using unoffical OC mode...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Because 90% of the time it turns out to be pebcak. :nerd:

19. qed

qed Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6990 CrossfireX
    I removed afterburner, uninstalled driver, reboot, driver sweeper, reboot, install new drivers, reboot.
    Battlefield 3 crashes 100% of the times right after the loading screen.

20. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    It's already confirmed in this thread, for a lot of users with ATI 6990 (including me), that this drivers, crashes BF3 loading.