Quadro/Tesla Driver Release 295

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Feb 23, 2012.

1. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    omfg noobs.... The Human Eye can't distinguish image quality differences beyond (less) than zero lod and neither can it see any more than 60 fps unless you are a bionic man from the future because the technology in our eyes has not changed in a million years.

lmao :puke2:

For those who don't get it and need it explained for them, of which there would be many.... this post is pure sarcasm.

2. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    did anyone get "drivers stopped responding" error with this quadro drivers?

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Beside the sarcasm :p

Correction: 60 steady minimum fps on a 60Hz monitor that has theoretical zero input lag.
    Have you ever owned a 120Hz + CRT monitor and seen how a 60Hz is to look at after?

Your underestimating your eyes if you think that they can see beyond 60 fps.
    The human eye can see beyond 200 fps, go google it up.
    Btw. You wouldn't want any pilot to steer a missile below 100fps.

But that has nothing to do with image quality.
    Same as reduced flickering, stuttering and dpc latency, which is where drivers from the same branch but for different products mainly seem to differ, on the cost of a few fps.
    And sometimes updated profiles and tweaks for games in the GeForce drivers reduce the image quality, which is where the Quadro driver seems better because it didn't get the same overhaul.

I couldn't spot any difference with the posted set, but there might be games where they differ.
    Screenshots or even HQ videos are welcome to prove the naysayers wrong, but make sure to differ between IQ and bugs, just saying that those are different things and often mistaken as the same.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I didn't get any stop neither BSOD with them.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    One of the old Quadro 270.xx drivers was better for a few selected games (Rift was one of those) and had no TDR issues.
    It took Nvidia some time to fix their Geforce driver to get to the same state.

6. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Shimmering in BF3. Awake Island while in helicopter/jet go up and look down so that you can see the 'outline' of the entire map.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Well actually most people do feel better after a nice hot shower. :) Objective differences in driver image quality really has nothing to do with subjective feelings. And further, I'd submit that showering is a healthy habit. Especially if you're around others who might not take kindly to your hermit lifestyle choices.:banana: All that being said, I personally have noticed zero image quality difference. However I have noticed that at times, a Quadro driver may run a game a bit smoother or sometimes a bit worse depending upon the optimizations. This is also true for Geforce drivers. Net result to me is the same as running various driver revisions. Some run better than others...what was the point of this thread again?

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    dunno...you tried to sell me some soap?

showering example was a reference to turning a new page, starting fresh, invigorated -
    kinda what happens when people install new OS or a driver, especially if they expect that it performs/looks better.

not an excuse to start smelling.

but if you insist - from pathogenic standpoint showering is more risk then a benefit.

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    From a pathogenic stand point? I'd like to see you make the case that living in your own filth is more healthful than being clean. There is no evidence that showering or bathing is less healthy independent of some other mechanism causing contamination ie, clean your fricken shower and shower head once in awhile. Thread derail ended. :banana:

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Thread derailing? Nooooo!

Some drivers run better than others was the highlight of this thread :D

11. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Thanks Mineria and Noisiv for proving there is sweet FA difference in IQ. Proving most claims of IQ differences are placebo.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I still believe that some quadros offer better IQ with certain games over other drivers,my opinion aint gonna change:)

13. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Whatever floats your boat I guess. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Ignorance is bliss after all. Enjoy your cooler friends than mine, and you better beers than mine. Smilies all around :)

15. Quad4Life

Quad4Life Member

GPU:
    gtx570 1.075v 870/2040
    i like these drivers. solid.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ignorant.....?Ive stated my reasons why some quadros deliver better IQ in some games,ive seen it with my own eyes and thats enough for me.

17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Exactly :)

18. Quad4Life

Quad4Life Member

GPU:
    gtx570 1.075v 870/2040
    i must say this set (the quadro set) run better for me in bf3 then the actual whql's, go figure.

19. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Ah well, at least some folks posted some proof which has been quite useful.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  20. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    +1 , just come from a ati 6870 and the whql geforce were driving me nuts with driver stop responding and bf seemed okay but after installing this set bf seems so much smoother , maybe just a dodgy install of whql i dunno