MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 14 (2012-02-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Wrong. Tearing is a result of presenting a frame outside vertical retrace interval. Monitor is drawing frame scanline by scanline, so when you're presenting new frame while monitor is still drawing the previous frame, it results in seeing a part of previous frame (at top) and part of new presented frame (at bottom). That's what is tearing, and the only way to get rid of it is synchronizing frame presentation with vertical retrace interval (i.e. using VSync). Limiting the framerate without synchronizing presentation with VSync is not supposed to eliminate tearing and doesn't eliminate it.

2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I think some displays are more susceptible to tearing. Personally, I still prefer vsync enabled in most games. I use FPS limiter to help reduce input lag without having to break the pre-render limit.

3. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Well I just got schooled. :)

Cool now I know more about what is happening there. Thanks for the enlightenment. Back to vsync I go!

4. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    My HD 7970 steps down to 300MHz/150MHz/.8V in 2D mode like normal. Recently when my display turns off and it hits long idle mode, it goes back up to 500MHz/150MHz/.95V. Any idea what is causing this... The only two video card related utilities I have installed are Afterburner 2.2.0 beta 14 and the pre-WHQL Catalyst 12.3 drivers.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.960.0 February 28) Unofficial BETA

Unwinder can you test your program with these drivers ? for some reason when i enable msi afterburner with these drivers and apply overclock 3D clocks and voltages stick but then they dont go back to idle clocks in 2D as soon as you enable 3D even in 2D with msi 3D clocks stick and voltages all the time.

Is this a msi issue or a driver issue ? this issue only happens though when you extend your desktop and enable you HDTV... at the same time though does not happen when running single monitor. ?

6. Unwinder

No. Can you force yourself to use search? Seriously, it is starting being boring, sorry.

7. Elmojo

Elmojo Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7970, eVGA GTX 480
    Hey guys,
    Great utility Unwinder!
    I have a 7970 running the latest (8.96) driver.
    I know this one doesn't work correctly with AB.
    Which is the latest driver that DOES allow full control of clocks and voltage, assuming CFG file properly edited?

8. Eluder

Eluder Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I'm running the 12.2 Pre cert driver package with my CFx 7970 and MSI AB Beta 14. seems to be working for what I need. Mind you, I haven't adjusted the voltage on the cards since I don't really need to OC the cards more with CFx.

9. Area 51

Area 51 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 580 /SLI
    Never had a problem with any of the Beta's till this one ,wont clock up only to 400 both core and shader are about half ,back to beta 12 all is good :puke2:

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I haven't seen this reported, and don't if it's really a bug but sometimes when I reboot, cold boot, or log off and log back in to my machine Afterburner fails to load. Just the OSD shows in the task bar, no AB icon, or GPU temperatures shown in the system tray. Killing the process in task manager, and then restarting AB seems to let it load properly. I have tried reinstalling it without using old configuration data as well, but it seems its something with this version, as I haven't had this issue until now.

11. Unwinder

Check your security related tools, I absolutely don't beleive that it is something introduced by new version, there are no such changes inside.

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I will check them. Thanks!

13. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Hello Alex, sometimes it happens to me too, when I restart the computer after a Windows update or installing any program that requires a reboot.
    AB after reboot will not see in the taskbar (the icon of AB sometimes, sometimes the icon of server) but the program is running in background... the only thing you can do is stop and restart AB and RTSS processes and then everything works fine again.
    This also happens with other programs, not only with MSI Afterburner...
    I think it's some sort of bug in Windows, but like I said, this thing happens very rarely ...
    ...I wish you a good job on beta 15 and even the final version of Afterburner (2.2.0 right?) :banana::nerd::)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  14. visz963

visz963 Guest

GPU:
    vtx3d radepn 7770
    This program unfortunately does not support my radeon 7750 card.

This program unfortunately does not support my radeon 7750 card. Voltage control cannot be activated even by 'unlocking' in settings.
    :wanker:

15. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    It's unfortunate for you, but this program is primarily designed to support MSI graphics cards. I would not be surprised if the program is locked to MSI-only device IDs one day, because of such comments.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

16. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I would hate for that to be my first post. What a moron!

17. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    sigh, why do people choose to be disrespectful. This is a great piece of FREE software. Its free, so you can choose to use it or not.

18. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Logitech G510 with AB OSD 14 beta Ctrl V bug

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

While using AB beta 14 and my G510 keyboard I Ctrl V to paste and there is a constant rapid dinging sound until I kill AB OSD server 4.3.3.

This will not happen unless AB OSD is running.

19. visz963

visz963 Guest

GPU:
    vtx3d radepn 7770
    I was hoping someone would reply to my problem with suggestions, but as fart as I can see this is not the forum for helping each other, at the least the respondents dont have the cultural backkground for that.

I hope you will get the same kind of reactions when you have problems.
    :flip:

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I hope you get the new cards soon if you dont already alex.

you think this is going to be a pita or just the support of it will be lol

GeForce GTX 680 is featuring 1536 CUDA Cores divided into 96 SM cluster, a 256-bit memory controller connecting to 2GB of GDDR5 memory. Graphic card vendors will also offer a variant with 4GB of GDDR5 memory, and according to the sources – for the first time since GDDR5 was introduced, a NVIDIA GPU is able to drive clock the GDDR5 memory higher than AMD, which created the memory standard.
    There was a lot of confusion about the hot clocks, i.e. their disappearance an re-appearance. The stories we were told cite that the company adopted a CPU like approach to its upcoming GPU: dynamic clocking.
    Dynamic Clock Adjustment is very similar to former “hot clocks”, with the difference that GK104 comes with several dozen power planes, and will operate on varying clocks depending on the computational load, card temperature and the power consumption. As we posted several days ago, the complete GK104 chip will operate at a lower clock, very similar figure to GTX 480: low power mode is 300 MHz, standard is 705 MHz extendable to 950 MHz – while the cores alone will be able to reach 1411 MHz when the chip is loaded to 100%.

I hope its not like powerplay and i hope it retains all we love about the software on nv cards and does not bring bs amd type issues into the fray.