Nvidia GK104 Kepler GPU Priced at $299 - EUR230 ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970

One thing I never got is why do we have to tip-toe around and act politically correct all the time? I'm willing half (or more) of the people on this forum would NEVER buy a video card from the "other camp" whichever side of the fence they sit on. Yet we all have to act like those people are "evil" somehow because they have a brand preference.

I for one would NEVER buy an AMD card. I know, it's terrible isn't it... I must not be an "adult" or something, must be a "fanboy" right...well, I AM an adult and I certainly ain't no boy so what next? Oh, I must be "ignorant", yeah that's it then.

Ugh.

Please explain how in the world that effects anyone but me? I promise I'll try and be unbiased and indifferent in the future if someone can actually prove it matters in the first place.

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I guess it's about keeping your opinion of "other camp" to yourself.

... yeah... just whenever you hear/read word "AMD", your heart might start beat faster, you might feel adrenalin rush in your blood, but it would be really cool if you don't push all that mess towards other users. Cause it WILL affect others.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  3. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

What you quoted isn't what the chiphell forum said, it's what the AMD fanboy user added as commentary. The chiphell thread said nothing about Charlie or questioning his sources or information, and said nothing about him being bamboozled.

You've been had by a fanboy.

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Not that I have to explain myself to you but here goes. Fanboy is a derogatory term, everyone knows it, and to call all AMD owners fanboys or chase a single higher score in one benchmark is insulting and flaming as far as I'm concerned.

It has nothing to do with political correctness, which does not actually exist by the way, but more to do with treating all our members with a little more respect than the crap that was posted.

Ok, lets move on.

5. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Should i care?

A rumor is a rumor, we can discuss later if its correct or not. :p

6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If the price is $299 and the performance is quite high, this is one card I'd leap at. If true it'd be nice to see how competitive the pricing wars become.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Rumours are rumours; it’s all just about what makes the most sense to you, mixed in with what you would like to be true.

If anything the fact it was Nvidia staff that started some of the rumours makes me believe it more anyway.
    It’s a good, and cheap way to get the hype going and get the info to potential customers, but unlike an official announcement you have the freedom to change things without repercussions.

8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Rumors rumors....Why people get soo exited ?
    Even nvidia didn't released anything related to this gpu...makes all this rumors look like marketing.

Cant really believe anything until card is RELEASED.

But i really hope it puts some pressure on AMD because HD7970 price is unacceptable here. 750$ USD ?!?! Cant remmer last time when i saw single GPU card costing that much!

9. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    or they need to run 3 monitors off one graphic card.

10. MrRdr

MrRdr Guest

GPU:
    ATI4870/5870m
    GPU or Gfx-Card price, retail or Oem price ?

A humble question (maybe stupid, but I honestly wonder) does the rumor state that the GPU, e.g. just the "keppler-chip" will be priced at 299$ (which then most likely isn't a price "in retail" but rather what manufacturers would pay).
    Or does it really mean that a "complete Gfx-card" using the chip will be priced like that "in retail".
    I mean that makes quite a bit of difference, and as I read the first post, my interpretation was leaning towards that it was just the GPU-chip price.
    Does anyone have any "real info" regarding this ??
    Brgds

11. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    2gb isnt more than plenty, its enough..... Only just Anno 2012.

Ive got a 580 3gb and now a 7970.

The 580 3gb is much smoother in Vram intensive games (Bf3,crysis2,metro) than my 1.5gb version was, although fps were similar.

I game at 1080p x4AA, Bf3 uses 1500-1900mb, Crysis 2 2100mb.
    Id prefer a little extra saftey margin that 3gb + provides.

Depending on prices/perfomance i'll probably end up getting the top Keplar card, although im not happy with if it only has 2gb Vram, it will probably just scrape it for 1080p.

12. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I think the OP is right for the most part, if I recall in the past new gen cards flag ship matched the previous gens X2 card, 9800X2 was matched by the GTX285 and 290 was matched by the 580, now from what the rumors have been saying I think the 680 will indeed match the 590. If you flip to AMDs side the flag ship 7970 does not match the 6990 nor the 590 and in most cases is only 10-30% faster then the 580, this leads me to think the OP is right about AMD not having much of a chance this go around, but they will slash prices to cope with the lack of performance. We will all have to wait and see IMO thats always the best way to judge before spending your hard earned cash on new tech.

As for the 2GB of Vram, I would be fine with that I only run one 1080 screen and I would think the higher end cards will have more, my 560ti only has 1gb and was around the same price point as this card so that's a nice step up IMO. I just cant believe NV would not add NV surround on one card this go around, if not they need to be slapped, even if only a small group use it they should be able to match the competition on that level.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    good price if true, now nvidia just needs to work out the driver problems before this come out, cause the 450gts is i got from my rma is terrible with AA/AF compared to the 9800gt it replaces imo.

14. seronx

seronx Guest

GPU:
    Wani R7 XT
    GK104-400 is $299.99
    GK104-335 is $249.99

Surprised, No one talked about the lower CUDA Core model.

15. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    small typo hilbert ? , anyways back on topic .

i might replace my 6970 with one of these if it is indeed around the quoted price :nerd:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

16. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I may be in the minority here but this is my situation, if they can't run 3 monitors on 1 card I will not consider them, simple as that.:)

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i serously doubt thats going to change.

18. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    If you like the option for 3 monitors on one nvidia GPU, a partner might followup like on the 500 series with an answer for you.
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/kfa2-geforce-gtx-560-ti-mdt-x5-review/

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The way I see it:

Card wipes floor with ATI, ATI releases new card in september/october/november, wipes the floor with nvidia, nvidia then in februari march 2013 releases a card to wipe the floor with that one.

It's been going like that for ages and sometimes the 1 wipes the floor with the other one harder, or weaker (Like now NVIDIA might wipe the floor with ATI, but a few years back the 9700/9800 wiped NVIDIA's ass).

It's an endless cycle.

20. seronx

seronx Guest

GPU:
    Wani R7 XT
    Corrupt^

GK104 wipes floor with GCNv1
    GK112 wipes floor with GCNv2 if there is a backup