GeForce Forceware 295.73 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Feb 21, 2012.

1. smax11

smax11 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 HD 1280MB

I uninstalled my drivers
    Started in safe mode ran driver sweeper and CC cleaner
    Did the clean install option

I just got another TDR crash watching a video in VLC

2. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    ^^ If you OC on GPU, try notch down little bit and see if they are stable.

3. ChandlerL

ChandlerL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5
  4. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    No problems since I installed this driver. No TDR, no more hard-locks and games runs good too. I play BF3, SC2, BatmanAC, Dota2 and MW3. All games runs fine with no issue.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I call BS.
    Uninstall physx and then the driver - reboot - driver sweep and cclean - reboot - install driver with 3dvision and physx - reboot
    Never had an issue with that, works every time.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Not needed unless something is broken.

7. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    +1

same here..only diff...First of all, i use NVInspector to backup my profiles!!! then i deinstall teh nv stuff (physx, hdaudio bla bla)..then ill reboot into safe mode...there i start driver sweeper, search, clean..Dont restart..i open ccleaner, do a reg clean..then ill start into the normal windows..check again with ccleaner, if clean ill go ahead and install the new NV drivers..(clean Install) - reboot and then i enjoy my new Drivers without probs..i do it this way now for 2 years or more and never had any single issue...

-BetA-

8. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    Only issue i have in BF3 is when flying at high ceiling, then ground texture starts to shimmer. i have a POV gtx560ti 2g card. Otherwise nice and smooth.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i actually did it that way this time around, since the physx is outdated in these :D
    i do agree though usually it works just fine.

I just wish Nvidia would make a better uninstaller method with less rebooting. cant uninstall graphics driver and audio drivers in one go :(

10. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    I'm still getting TDR / Driver Kernel Crashes while playing World of Warcraft inn maximized (fullscreen) windowed mode on my 120Hz monitor. What might cause this I have no idea, was the same with the latest BETA and it might be something to do with dual-screening with 1x Samsung S23A700 (23", 1920x1080@120Hz) and 1x Dell UltraSharp U2711 (27", 2560x1440 @ 60Hz) that causes some wired driver issues, I don't really know.

Rolling back to modified Quadro / Tesla drivers from 9th of February of the gold old 27x.xx branch (276.52) seems to solve all stability issues I have been faced with running the past months GeForce BETA and the latest WHQL drivers, but at the expense of some performance.

Now that nVIDIA have release a Telsa / Quadro version of 295.73 I might just try those as well, though I have a hard time believing a modified Tesla / Quadro version of the same driver will do much.

Yes, I do all my driver installations the old fashion way of first backing up with nVIDIA Inspector, removing / uinstalling from programs and features, running Drive Sweeper, boot into Safe Mode and run Drive Sweeper once more before installing newer drivers. Just to be sure I'm not faced with awkward driver update bugs.

11. Phatboy69

Phatboy69 Guest

FYI 295.73 WHQL fixed my 3b stop errors when rebooting on GTX580 4way SLI with surround activated on R4E X79 chipset! Me Happy! :)

12. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Drivers are good for me. Tested Skyrim and FIFA 12. Performance is fantastic.

13. Anthrax27

Anthrax27 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    You sure about FIFA 12?
    I get 30 FPS during replays /animations.
    It should be constant 60 FPS Vsync on :(

14. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

Yah because that is what regular consumers do all the time. :bang:

15. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

I've confirmed with nvidia that these drivers do NOT fix TDR issues. Also, known issue is with physics drivers with this release and DX11 games having graphic problems.

DX10/9 is fine.

16. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    this is really strange. Anyone can confirm this pls.

After installing nvidia drivers i realised today my win7 Power options back to Balanced, i am %100 sure it was performance. 2 mins ago i opened my weekly movies and i see stutter at videos, 1st thing i thought this driver also again have the memory leak, then checked power options and it was at "balanced", switch to performance and videos playing normal now. i have no idea if this is caused by nvidia drivers or other things, just asking here maybe someone else also experiencing this. thx

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  17. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    metro and batman run fine maxout no errors...

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's a surprise, I thought TDR fixes were to be incorporated in the drivers after the 290 series.

19. Kian_a9

Kian_a9 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560 Ti HAWK
    damn BF3 multiplayer got white flashing screen!!! i played in Metro map and ultra settings(Vsync,ambient and motion blur are off) and also Nvidia Update components didnt installed i did like always safe mode driver sweep + ccleaner reboot then install ...i think i have to roll back:bang:

20. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Just tested Skyrim, FIFA 12 and Crysis 2. All maxed out graphical options (+ tweaks and mods), limited to 60fps in Nvida Inspector. All running 60fps with a few dropped frames here and there.