GeForce Forceware 295.73 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Feb 21, 2012.

1. xaudiox

xaudiox Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuff OC
    Because thats probably what's broke it in the first place !!
    Did the same for me, never used it since, no need to.
    A clean install from the driver package is sufficient enough, never had any problems since nvidia gave us that option.

2. jmsquared

jmsquared Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX690
    Physx issue

Nick, you mentioned you can work around the PhysX loading error which I'm trying to deal with. Can you explain how the work around is accomplished?

3. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Ah, sweet! I didn't bother looking in the Program Files folder like I normally do, older beta drivers here I come!

4. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Guys, when installing nvidia display drivers makes sure you install graphics driver along with stereo and hda first [if you intend] and then after rebooting install the physx drivers.

5. SUnSpot

SUnSpot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI gaming 970 4GB
    Huge improvement in Skyrim for me in 1920x1080 and same settings as I used before, only mod installed is hightexture tough(havent started to play skyrim yet thanks to shortage of time to really get in knee deep each session).

First village was silky smooth before I had choppines which I notice at 30fps and downward.

Silky smooth for me is 50-60fps.

Really impressed of the performance boost outside and in the first village nad the town where u go to meet the Jarl.

Blew my socks away tbh did not expect it. used 290.xx before this one. I was planing on upgrading my graphics card before playing this game, but now I see no real need to do it anymore.
    My hardware is as my profile, but nothing is overclocked atm, cpu 2.9ghz, gpu 675/1800

no fix for flickering trees in alan wake tough, for you that is interested.

6. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I think I've already posted this in these forums, but I'll say it again so as to make this more visible.

Since I started to use computers, I've had beta drivers work perfectly and WHQL crap out on me in a very bad.

Betas would be mostly nvidia drivers, but also drivers that didn't have a certification though being final ones, such as that no-name IRDA USB key I once bought. On the other hand, I've had a WHQL VIA chipset drivers corrupt both of my hard disk in my previous rig. Had to reinstall everything from scratch because of VIA and Microsoft's stupidity.

7. pauloimp

pauloimp New Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS 8800GTX
    My dual gtx 580m on sager np7282 never had issues on drivers updates.
    Bf3 works great on this drivers fullhd on ultra setings

8. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    These caused too many problems in Skyrim for me so went back to 290.53

It's started badly stuttering again when transitioning from one area to another so it's like a slideshow for about 10-15 seconds and the video cards make a funny noise as you move about but not sure if it's capacitor whine? Also the polygon issue is getting annoying, after about half an hour loads of mulit coloured polygons fill the screen and make seeing anything difficult until you move away from where you were, didn't happen with 290.53 even after 2-3 hours of play!

Seems the last two drivers are not liking me at the moment :(

9. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Interesting, even with nvidia inspector, i cant actually downclock my card o_0

I have the Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1G1 (900core clock) it did downclock when back in 270.xx driver version. but i updated to bios on the card during the BF3 beta, I guess its the updated bios that did it, it also upped the cards voltage :|

10. DinaMoe

DinaMoe Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 580/gtx460 Physx
    I too noticed quite a dramatic improvement with BF3. Much more fluid and smooth like others have said. That was not expected.

I went from 290.xx to this 295.73 WHQL

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I see no point in moving from the 290.53 drivers to these,hardly any differences at all,waste of time installing,if its not broke i wont try to ifx it as there is nothing to be fixed:)

12. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    Back to 290.53. Screen flashes to black for half a second at every start of a youtube video and VLC media player also cause this at the start of any playback.. Weird.

13. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
    PhysX version with this driver is 9.12.0209 , build date February 9th , lastest PhysX version on the Nvidia Site 9.12.0213 build date February 13th.

Only to you guys know :D , I downloaded and installed 0213 over 0209 without problems.

14. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    i have no idea what they did with this driver but BF3 is really Smooth now.

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Its in the release notes they improved things for cards with 1gb VRAM

16. smax11

smax11 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 HD 1280MB
    BF3 runs great but Skyrim shutters and I just had this happen while watching a video on youtube

[​IMG]

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    they simply can't be arsed to fix a simple bug in the CP, Gamma AA shows ON (as default), but actually it's OFF, you can see this in nvidia inspector and other tweaking programs, CP says On, everything else Off.

this bug started with the 290 series, how hard is it to fix something as simple as this? well i'm not surprised some game bugs take forever to get fixed then.

as for the 45% in skyrim? i only get 1fps increase and just like all the previous 290.xx drivers a loss of 10fps in every other game and some weird stutters that never happened with any drivers i ever tested since i got my gtx480.

back to the superb 285.79 beta, excellent performance in every game and no issues.

i very rarely complain because drivers from nvidia has always been great, but honestly the 290.xx series (at least for me) are terrible.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Have you mentioned the CP bug in the Nvidia forums, as they might not know about it.

Just tried these on my gaming and htpc partition, and best drivers i've used in ages.

Don't have Skyrim so can't test that, but ME3 demo, BF3, Alan Wake, LA Noire, Fifa12 and NFS The Run are all running flawless, also nice to see good AO support added for certain games as it's one of my favourite visual settings, and one of the things that makes the idea of changing to an AMD card that much harder.

Video playback wise the memory leak issue is fixed and all is spot on again, if anything system resources look to have decreased.

19. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    This is the TDR issue thats supposed to be fixed. Try clean installing once, clear out registry and all temp files before the new install.

20. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
    A Lots of things can trigger TDR issues , some months ago I had TDR issues , I cleaned my PCI Express conector and GTX580 conector , TDR stopped after that..