12.1 CAP 3 Available

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Yoshpop, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Yoshpop

Yoshpop Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 SLI 2.05GHz
    Not sure if it's a typo and should be 12.1, but nonetheless new CAPs.

New profiles added to this release:
    - Alan Wake: The American Nightmare - Improves CrossFire performance
    - Syndicate – Improves both single GPU and CrossFire performance
    - Darkness 2 – Improves CrossFire performance
    - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Improves CrossFire performance for the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series to avoid negative scaling at low resolutions
    - Natural Selection 2 – Fixes shadow map flickering issue seen with CrossFire enabled

12.1 CAP 3

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Thanks. :)

3. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    Thanks.

4. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Nice to see early CF support for upcoming games. This is good and will be great if we will have the same support in future. Now we need some CF performance for L.A. Noire in DX11 mode :nerd:

5. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    Use the BF3 profile for LA Noire DX11 & Crossfire.

6. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Thanks. It works :D

7. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    How can I use the BF3 profile on L.A Noire? Renaming the .exe would work I imagine, but I'm using the Steam version so that's not really an option.

8. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    bf3.exe isn't listed for me. I seem to be missing BattleForge, BioShock 2 as well. =/

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Using last driver?

11. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Yeah. I'm not sure what's going on, I'll do a clean install.

Edit: Seems it was asders Custom Catalyst Application Profiles that causes some to be removed.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm impressed with how AMD support a game that hasn't yet been announced for the PC! American Nightmare is the title of the forthcoming Xbox Live Arcade title for the Xbox 360 and is not the title of nor is it included in the PC version of Alan Wake that is being released today. ;)

13. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Could be an announcement soon. I think all depends on sales of prequel:nerd:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  14. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    Alan Wake is running much smoother with this.
    As much as I hate to admit it, but it looks like the new Catalyst team are making progress ...

15. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Ever since 12.1 CAP2, when SWTOR has been running for awhile (30+ minutes) alt-tabbing has caused a BSOD on my system.

If I leave the game in full screen it will run indefinitely, but if I attempt to alt-tab or go into windowed mode it results in a BSOD every time.

This doesn't happen if the game has recently been started up. Alt-tabbing/Windowed switching works fine until the client has been running for awhile.

:Edit: The problem lies with running Crossfire GPUs alongside Surroundview with the integrated HD3300 on my motherboard.

Although things worked fine before 12.1 CAP2, alt tabbing now causes BSOD's with this particular type of setup.

It sucks too, because I had solved my previous problem of Vsync not working properly with dual monitors by running the second monitor off of Surroundview via the IGP.

I've gone back to using just my 2 cards with Surroundview disabled and the second monitor running off of my #1 card, and the BSOD's are not happening anymore.

--

If anyone knows a way to trick a dual monitor DVI(main) HDMI(secondary) setup into thinking the DVI is monitor #1 and the HDMI is monitor #2 so that Vsync is no longer broken, I'd appreciate the help!

Catalyst Control Center is set for the DVI monitor to be #1 and HDMI #2 and so is Ultramon. However, good ol' Windows7 still thinks that the HDMI is #1 and the DVI is #2.

I guess no vsync is better than BSOD on alt-tab lol!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

16. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Is this compatible with 12.2 pre cert?

17. Coolit

Coolit Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX OC
    The drivers/caps for SWTOR are just a mess atm Mike, I don't have your issue but I do get massive shudder with crossfire.

I hope they release decent caps soon for SWTOR.

18. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    I think I have solved my SurroundView issue. I had to enable UMA+Sideport memory instead of just using Sideport memory by itself. So I have 128mb Sideport + 128mb Shared System RAM going to the onboard HD3300. So far I've been Alt+Tabbing like a storm flying around fleet while opening and closing Firefox and no BSOD!

This is with both of my 5770's running my DVI gaming monitor and the HD3300 IGP running my HDMI secondary monitor. Windows is now seeing the HDMI monitor as #2 like it should as well!

19. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    Yes, I've been using them for amazing crossfire performance for Kingdoms of Amalur, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 3 Demo, BF3. Haven't tried SWTOR.