Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beyond

Beyond Guest

GPU:
    4770x4/5850x7/5870x3/NVx4
    First of all, thanks for the best GPU control program around!

I too would love to see GPU selection on the main window. Could this perhaps be done via an optional skin? Some of us are using Afterburner on multiple machines (scientific computing) with 2-4 GPUs each and wading into the menus to set parameters for individual programs is time consuming. Thanks again!

Edit:
    >> they prefer to avoid eating main window space with the controls

I understand, but maybe a tiny selection button or toggle, even hidden if necessary :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. homefry

homefry Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX470
    I'd like to see more fine-tuning in the font size between the default size and the smallest size for the OSD.

The default size is a tad too large and the size below that (smallest) is too small. Adding 1-3 more sizes in between would do wonders.

Thanks!

3. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    @ unwinder

Is it possible to see the total amount of vram used even though you are on a cross/tri fire setup ?

If not then that would be a very useful tool :)

4. homefry

homefry Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX470
    I agree. With the only exception for the D3D9,10,11 info that gets shown. That is actually useful.

It would also be helpful if we could fine tune this and decide where to place the items (example: place all info in 1 line, place the gpu temp first, place the fps first in the line, etc.) I would want all the info placed on just 1 line to be less intrusive in the most number of games.

BTW, I know some other programs allow info to be placed in afterburner, but I use afterburner for the 2 things that other programs don't show: memory usage and fps.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

5. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I had some problems with swtor not showing osd. Turns out that I had to disable compatible/admin mode (when you right click the executable. I did this for swtor.exe to no avail at first. Then the launcher.exe and now it shows fine again.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

OSD _needs_ to know true OS version to be rendered properly, so faking it via XP compatibiltiy mode will break it. And it was discussed a few times.

7. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I havent seen any discussion on it (only googled on my problem a couple of times). I just came back (and see now i posted in the wrong part of the forum, sorry for that) in order to help others. Please feel free to delete my post or msg me and I will delete it.

8. jjd2022

jjd2022 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970x2
    thank you!!!!

9. birgirpall

birgirpall Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Radeon HD6850
    Small request: It would be awesome if you could select more than one audio input for recording similar to how Dxtory handles it. It would allow you to record both mic and ingame sound for example, without having to feed the mic through a stereo mix (which results in speaker feedback etc).

Slim chance, but still worth mentioning :)

10. Imprezzion

Imprezzion Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 TF3 OC/BE
    Hey,

I kinda registered to ask you this Unwinder so I hope you can answer it.

I am still really hoping you can add support for the ''Sapphire HD6950 2GB Dual Fan / Dirt 3'' cards. Currently I cannot get the voltage adjustment to work no matter what I do.
    Core / Mem and unofficial clocks work fine but no voltage adjustment.

I do have the cards unlocked by the stock 2nd BIOS which is nothing more then a HD6950 BIOS with HD6970 shader count. But it doesn't work with the stock HD6950 BIOS either. I need the voltage boost in order to reach HD6970 stock clocks and above and now i'm stuck with TriXX which is so much crappier then MSI AB... Plus, TriXX really fails hard now that I run CrossFire since pretty much nothing works like it should anymore...

So, is it possible to add those cards to the voltage change support? Or am I just not doing the right things and do they already work?

11. Unwinder

There are no plans to support voltage control on custom design non-MSI graphics cards, sorry. The chances to see it are equal to zero.

12. TheRusskiy

TheRusskiy Guest

GPU:
    2xHD5870
    this
    you should add ability to record both input and output.
    But input should have option either to record all the time or to record while hotkey pressed (like it's done in Fraps)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  13. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Please, give us an option to disable this somewhere inside a program or via .cfg file or something.

I realy like to capture at full frame size like I used to do in the past.
    I understand why this was implemented, but forcing users to always capture like that without option to disable this, it is not a good idea. :idea:

EDIT: I have found an answer... :)

Now I know why this was hidden. LOL http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4203576&postcount=10

EDIT2: I still think there should be some option to let users decide, with a warning that user is disabling that on his own responsibility :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  14. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Hei, asked this in .NET Class thread.... so now here's a Suggestion:
    Is the FPS Cap adujastable Ingame or does it have to be set before Game Engine Starts up ? Could you create a Hotkey for +5/-5 FPS for the FrameRate Limiter ?

Why that? Well, in the end i^d like to have a "variable Frame limiter" which limites Frames at 95% GPU load. Why that? Because Micro Stuttering can be minimalized by using a Frametime Limiter. But because we don't wan't to lose to much Performance we'd have to set the Limit something like 10% under the max FPS for the last 0.5 -1 second. and reset the limit if the GPU load drops under 90% or 95%...

Well, what i'd like to see would be Hotkey's for increasing/decreasing Frametime Limit in RTSS. The rest i'll try for myself.

15. Unwinder

It can be adjusted ingame and doesn't have to be set before the game engine starts. But there won't be such hotkeys, sorry. Too many additional complexity because of too infrequently used feature.

16. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Okay, i admit that hotkey's would cause a lot of problems ^^

But how about the Remote Server? Could he change the Framerate Limit?

It should be possible to acces /send controls to the Remote server via dummy to 127.0.0.1 ?

17. Unwinder

OSD server doesn't provide an access to anything but OSD slots. It is whole new API to be implemented because of the feature hardly used even by 0.5% of users. No go, sorry.

18. collinvue

collinvue Member

GPU:
    ~ 169 GB/sec. currently
    +

Could Afterburner please include Driver Level adjustment of brightness/contrast/gamma to monitor
    .. ..similar to RT?

I'd prefer just to use AB & keep it simple.

I did a search and did not find answer

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  19. Unwinder

Don't think that MSI will be interested in investing anything into such functionality. The era of CRTs, which absolutely required brightness adjustment is far in the past.

20. collinvue

collinvue Member

GPU:
    ~ 169 GB/sec. currently
    ?who uses CRTs'??

Unwinder, I've been using Driver Level adjustments w/ RT on my LCD monitors for many years.
    RT does things I can't get w/ NV control panel when entering certain programs.

How much development would there be on something you already have in RT...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.