RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Can someone help me with a few things.
    Back with AMD/ATI and as AtiTray tools isn't updated anymore i tried this.

I just want to use the flip queue setting in my BF3 profile, which i've changed to 2 and saved the profile.
    Do I need to have RadeonPro running all the time in the backfground for this to apply ?

Which brings me to my next question, I cant get Radeonpro to start with windows, the box is ticked (along with "start minimzed" and "disable API monitoring") but the program doensn't run on startup ???

Also related or not I cant seem to make any changes in the settings page as all I get is "the specified folder doesn't exist" ?????

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sounds like a bad install....use revo uninstaller (advanced uninstall option) to do a squeaky clean uninstall of radeon pro, reboot, and reinstall...

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    you can confirm the setting makes a difference? i couldnt see a change in bc2 with RP or the ini setting

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Regarding "flip queue" or "frames rendered ahead" yes It does make a difference in some games.

BC2 felt smoother for me with 2 frames rendered ahead, same with BF3.

1 frame rendered ahead feels to fast, and when fps drops low it feels very stutterey. So its only good if you get high fps all the time.
    3 feels abit too slow normally, but is better when fps get lower.
    2 is a good compromise for me.

------------------------------------------------------------

So can anyone answer my orginal question, does RadeonPro need to be running all the time to apply the "flip queue" setting ? Or does it save it to the AMD driver profile similar to how nvidia profile work ???

5. Chabi79

Chabi79 Member

GPU:
    MSI R6850 OC Cyclone 1GB
    japamd !

1360x768-pixel resolution I use on the TV, and badly displayed in the "visual, advanced, tweaks' tabs, does not seem to be on the lower settings.

Then you are doing the right slider in the software?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Yea, good luck with that.

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    AFAIK, it needs to be running all the time. Since at game start, it applies the settings you have set, then when you quit the game, it reset the settings to "global".

Otherwise, it will keep the game settings on forever until you restart RP. RP is such a low resource program, I don't know why you just don't keep it running.

I wish Japamd would update it for the newer drivers.

8. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    I know this is a basic question but with over 4.4K post I don't know if I could find my answer.

Radeon Pro works if I set things to Global and save. If I try and apply custom settings to a game by creating a profile based on the games executable, no changes are made when I start the game. I know i'm doing something wrong just don't know what. :stewpid:

I tried creating a launcher, no luck either as well as running RP while launching the game.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you probobly don't have the correct .exe or loader indicated

what i do, is change the sounds around so u can hear whats being done...its in the settings menu.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  10. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Noob RadeonPro question,

Does it have a framerate limiter in it that works seperate from vsync ?

Also, does API features like Triplebuffering still work when modified DXruntimes are used such as FXAA/SMAA injectors ?

(MSI AB has a compatibilty box to tick for its own to work)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

11. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    1) No framerate limiter.

2) Works just fine with all the Injectors - SMAA/FXAA/ENB

3) Didn't ask but one other thing is the program is not compatable with any 64Bit executable (Not many, maybe Far Cry and Crysis come to mind, and Unreal2k4)

Also, have you even gotten the MSI AB to work with the FXAAA injector? Everytime I try to use with a game that I use the injector with it is crash city.

Bats

12. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Thanks dude for such a clear answer, brilliant.

Yes MSI AB works fine with the FXAA infector since a few betas ago.
    Im using beta 14 now.
    1) In RTSS set up a profile for your game (BF3 or whatever),
    2) highlight the new profile list and click the spanner.
    3) Then put a tick in the box "enable compatibilty with modified DXruntimes"

Works fine for me I use the RTSS to limit my fps to 59 in all games inc BF3 which I use the SMAA injector (did use FXAA in past successfully aswell)

I'm just wondering about the triple buffering as D3Doverider hasn't been update for a long time and doesn't have the compatibilty box and people complain it doesn't work with injectors - thats why I asked about RadeonPro so i'll use that then for triple buffering.

My goal is 59 fps limit and triplebuffering in all games ( with flip queue 0)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  13. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    I use RadeonPro for almost all my Forced Vsync and TripleBuffering. It hasn't given me a problem yet.

Maybe I'll download the Beta 14 and try it.

I tried it before (Beta 12?) with Skyrim and the FXAA Injector and it wouldn't work.

I'd like to use the FPSLimiter in the MSI AB over the Bandicam one because it is instantaneous. Bandicam is great and all, but it does take it a bit to sync up.

Thanks

14. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    I thought Flip Queue Size doesn't do anything in windows 7 anymore?
    It worked drastic wonders in XP (which I used to test alot in UT2004, at different refresh rates/vsync), but I tried it in windows 7, with values between 0 to 15, and it didn't make one iota of difference (at least not in UT2004). I don't know about DX11 games like BF3 though).

Because at 100hz/100 fps with vsync on, I feel a very, very slight lag to the mouse in windows 7, with flip queue size set to 0, that I do NOT feel in XP, in the same game. It's easiest to notice in 2d games like Maplestory on the main menu, when moving the mouse cursor around (that game forces vsync).

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ive not tested it extensively, as i've only had my ATI card a few weeks, but I know for sure that "render ahead" setting in nVidia works in Windows7 DX11 BF3 as I tested it on several settings and felt the difference.
    So I presume it will work on ATI cards aswell ????

In BF3 I like to force the game to via the cfg file render ahead 0 along with 0 in drivers, then force triplebuffering instead as its better

16. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I know RadeonPro isn't being updated anymore, but is there any way of knowing which games we can use to make custom AA profiles in the future? For example, now we know we can make a Darksiders profile and apply it to several games, but how did we originally know that DarksidersPC.exe was something to rename a file to?

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    someone figured it out, trial and error mostly..

generally speaking, whatever engine the game is based on that ATI has fixed in the drivers or caps is what you use..

Darksiders uses the Watchman engine. Any games that use derivations of that engine (Phoenix for example) can potentially use the same profile.

Also sometimes similar coding methods across different engines respond to the same forced options.

Looking in the ATI CAPS files helps as well

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  18. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I see, so they sometimes make it known when they add support in the release notes? That's really the only thing I care about going forward since the Darksiders profile was the last I'm familiar with, and I'm sure there will be a need for new ones in the future. Not being able to force AA is something I can't stand, honestly.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    they usually say what profiles have been added, but rarely the forced AA status...

check Asder00's CCAP thread, he mostly does it for xfire, but those profiles usally add AA as well.....

forced AA only works for dx9 games anyway....

dx10/dx11 games are supposed to be supported in the game code per the DX spec....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  20. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Thanks for that The Mac, I looked through the recent CCAP release notes and noticed The Darkness II has AA support through drivers. I made a Darkness II profile and applied it to Dead Space 2 and MSAA can be activated with that profile. It runs horribly, but there's AA. It works with Sonic Generations, as well. Does anyone know how to get AA working with Warhammer 40k: Space Marine? I read it's the same engine as Darksiders, but the Darksiders profile makes the lighting go all wonky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.