Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A few times when there were hackers I asked that nobody spawn after dying and then the hacker got bored and left.. because there was no one for him to kill :>

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The problem with BF3 as far as i understand is that if your caught cheating they reset/ban your soldier but not your Serial Key so players can just make a new player and just carry on which is just stupid,thats why there are alot more cheaters than there should be going by what i hear from people that play BF3.

In previous BF games when you was caught cheating your Serial Key would be banned and you would have to purchase another one as well as your account being reset and your hardware being banned.

I dont understand why DICE has done this as when the Serial key is banned hackers have to buy a new key which makes more money for DICE.

DICE aint the same company they used to be regarding development and how they Treat cheaters when they are caught,in my opinion theyve gone to pot.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's definitely the worst way to deal with cheaters. Banning the game serial should be the least to do, hardware bans would be a great addition (like something that uses your motherboard id / lan mac / Windows serial as reference) to get rid of the problem.
    Right now it's just way to easy for cheaters to get along.
    Even VAC does a better job there as it requires a new account once a serial has been banned.
    I really don't understand why hacks keep going on for such a long time without a real countermeasure. Are they really that hard to detect? Is it really that hard for the developers to get a "subscription" themselves and see what they're fighting against?
    It really shouldn't be that hard for them to at least stay only one step behind. Sometimes I get the feeling they stopped trying 5 years ago and left all problems for server admins to take care of.

4. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Its enough to ban a key from the server, he will get banned from all servers eventually.

That what you're saying is a bit over the top lol, i hate hackers but still they payed for the game too, but looks like they're too desperate and they need to use hacks to think they own.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Dice and ea think its aok to hack and cheat i can understand why,even the guy knifing you in your tank from 12 miles away needs love too you know.

dice/ea=peace/love and joy

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    How is it over the top?You are obviously new to the BF franchise otherwise you would know that what i said is what Evenbalance used to do from 2005 onwards up to Bc2.

Why are you defending cheaters anyhow?Are you a cheater?

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    "I hate hackers but still they payed for the game too, but looks like they're too desperate and they need to use hacks to think they own."

It's okay that they ruin the game for everyone else because they payed for the game too?

I'm a bit lost with that comment.

8. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    i get 55-60+ fps online.

Ultra textures.
    shadows med.
    fxaa - msaa kills performance.
    high most other things.

the difference from 30fps to 60fps is massive.

Adding everything to ultra just isn't worth the fps.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  10. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    That's funny because people were getting banned from playing their games when they swore on EA forums, but actual hackers just get a slap on the wrist :3eyes:

11. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
  12. S†v0r

S†v0r Guest

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    Yes h4x0R1N9

Blame poor game code and anticheat, idc about hackers they will get banned eventually.

Everyone deserves a chance, even if they're so stupid and cheat. Now if they continue then yep ban them for good. And those who cheat will get banned anyway. Its in natures balance, cause harm you will get harm back sooner or later lol

Sucks if you play with hackers all the time, i've seen only 2-3 so far, mostly they're too dumb to even do anything properly. And all of them got banned from such servers anyway, problem solved.

And they're the last thing on my mind to get upset, i lol at them and change the server if they're not removed, its not the first time i saw a cheater in any game so far and im pretty sure its not the last time either.

Also blame game dev. to overlook these kind of flaws and make such hacking even possible.. I bet DICE didnt do much and shoved all their worries on evenbalance, its the easiest thing to do.

13. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
  14. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Every piece of software is hackable, to blame the devs for poor coding is naive tbh

15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Nope. EA managers officially like the idea. Lets see if DICE agrees.

I say: the day they invent online fees for BF is the day i refuse to play this. Already bored with it anyway.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If it was to become a pay to play the game you bought type thing, I'd be pretty... If I was to leave out all the swearing.. let's just say not very happy.

If it was an "Extra" thing for the people who wanted it, then I don't see anything wrong with that, but then if it's map packs that is going to splinter the player base, there will be those who do get those extra things and then those who don't want them for whatever reason.

That's pretty much the reason I never got an Xbox console, you need to pay to play the online component of the game, to a PC gamer, and I say this as someone who doesn't play pay to play wow type games.. paying to play a game you payed to play is a very strange concept to me :/

I would simply not play.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    What the article says is that EA seems to like Activision's Elite model. As it works out pretty well (on consoles obviously) they'll have something alike on their own sooner or later.
    I'd say it would be even worse in this game than it is in CoD as most maps are played so much longer and the player base is so much smaller.
    Depending on the price and content even the next (first?) normal PDLC could cause a lot of harm.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    That article was basically a CEO saying he likes money, It has nothing to do with dice or battlefield.

Also cheaters are getting their keys banned, it's stat paddlers that are getting them reset, which is fair in my opinion.

19. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    This is not technically true, if you look at RusteeGuns that Annubis kept reporting, he was cheating, and had his stats reset. he still cheats now, with the same soldier.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    How am i trolling when im posting important information regarding the game that could happen in the future,people like you you that use that word are are normally,young,stupid and have very little experience in anything regarding gaming/computers as a whole,only silly little kids use the word Troll,its an internet thing made up by the geekiest of geeks.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.