ThermalTake Meka G-Unit

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Loobyluggs, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?s=23

Got this delivered a few hours ago and am absolutely delighted with it.

I've been longing for a mechanical keyboard for a long time and after I got the G-15 via a recommendation, I kinda forgot about it.

Felt the need for a change and restarted my search for a mechanical keyboard and plucked for this one.

The minute I plugged it in and started typing, it felt so right with the clickerty-clack on every keystroke, and the space bar making a satisfying 'ping' when my right thumb hits the target in between words; and my left thumb whilst bunny hopping around an FPS map.

It does have more functionality to it than just the premium cherry black micro-switches, but it is these which make the biggest difference between a regular keyboard and these types of keyboards.

What's your favorite keyboard? Or what are you using right now?

2. dipanzan

dipanzan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 OC 1GB
    Oh, you have the G-Unit ? I've the Meka G1, which is also a Mechanical keyboard and uses Cherry Blacks. I got it for cheap, actually less than half of the MSRP. :p

I had the Steelseries 7G in mind, but couldn't resist after reading reviews and the tempting price. The Blacks are very hard though, but anything is better than the mash potato switches on those rubber domes. :)

3. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    ive got the meka g-unit as well. its not too bad.

i still prefer the cherry red keys of my leopold fc500r, but i like the layout of the meka g-unit better. i just wish that every key was backlit.

at the time i considered buying a corsair k60 or k90 because they had cherry reds, but then i found out that they arent fully mechanical -their esc, F and insert/del cluster are membrane.

if steelseries ever made another merc stealth but with mechanical keys in the gamepad, that would become my favourite board, lol.

4. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    I would prefer a Logitech Mechanical Gaming keyboard. I like the layout . Also I want it fully backlid :D