For any experienced ROM flasher.... Need ur help

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by robert1990, Feb 1, 2012.

1. robert1990

robert1990 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Hi guys, I just bought an unlocked HTC Sensation recently. While I like it (huge improvement from my HTC Legend), it has a big problem: It came with Middle East region official HTC ROM (knew this from the language support: Arabic, English(Middle East countries only), and French (Middle East country too).

So, this thing came on my mind: I'm going to flash it with official HTC Sensation ROM from other region (probably Asia region or Australia), but I never done any ROM flashing before. Read developer section for Sensation at xda forum, there were so many things I didn't understand (S-Off or S-On, Super CID, etc), so hoping someone with flashing knowledge can help me :D

I have read the ROM collection on xda for Sensation (official ROM), I think I'll go with either Taiwan version or Vodafone AU ROM :D

Thanks for your help guys :) Appreciate it

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192300

Just do each thing in the guide, you'll need to do all of them. Or rather, Steps 1-4. Once you're finished, you'll be able to download a custom rom, go into recovery, and flash it and all should be normal.

I assume. I've never flashed another region's phone, so I don't know exactly how it works. But, worst case, you flash back to stock.

3. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    S-on - security ON,means locked bootloader and thus you cant install differrent ROMs,like Cyanogen.
    S-off mean security off,you can install whatever you like on your phone.

If you have S-on first you have to make it s-off or root it but remain in S-on to be able to install any ROM.

And flasjing another reagion ROM is like flashing any rom out there you just enter the bootloader(if it is unlocked) run setup on the ROM file and wait for it to finnish.

Smarther thin would be to use custom ROM with all sorts of things tweaked and enabled like Ext4 partitions on SD card for increasing amount of space used by apps and all sorts of things.....

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  4. Psycho101

Psycho101 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    Flashing a custom ROM on a HTC device has been made much easier recently. Many of their devices have had boot loader unlock tools and methods released for them by HTC themselves.

Register over at the official development site htcdev.com and follow the various steps to achieve your unlock. Then search xda and others for how to root and flash a custom recovery (usually clockwork mod).

While you're there, take a look at the various custom ROMs available. There are loads to choose from, including those that are simply deodexed and zip aligned, to more vanilla android for those that don't want HTC sense (pretty as it is) gobbling up insane amounts of RAM and generally slowing things down.