Network Bridge

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Bogdy2160, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Bogdy2160

Bogdy2160 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 Armor 2X
    Hello , i have a problem , i have my 100\40 mbps ethernet connection.What i want to make is this, i have 1 internet connection , 1 desktop pc and 1 laptop, i have 2 network adapters in my desktop pc in 1 network adapter is my internet connection and in 1 si my laptop , can i make somehow so i can give internet to my laptop , i tried with bridge connection and the internet stoped working on my pc.

2. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    It can be done but its a pain to set up most the time.

Do you not have a router that you can connect your Laptop to?

Or is your PC connected directly to a Modem that only has 1 Ethernet connection?

3. Bogdy2160

Bogdy2160 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 Armor 2X
    i don't have a router , i just have 1 pc with 2 network cards in it , one from my motherboard one in pci slot, 1 for laptop 1 for internet connection

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  4. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    You can, but a cheap ethernet router would be easier....

5. Bogdy2160

Bogdy2160 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 Armor 2X
    I tried a lot of times, each time resulting in a complete failure, my internet is fiber optic , ethernet with mac filtering , i mean , my internet connection works only on my desktop , if i want to work on my laptop i must change MAC

6. Bogdy2160

Bogdy2160 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 Armor 2X
    Ok my friend gave me an Speedtouch ST546 V6 with 4 ethernet.My ISP said i can't connect it because it was originaly used for ADSL connection and i can't use it to link 2 pc's togheter because it will spread ips al over his network , <--what the hell suppose to mean.What i want to make , is to change this modem's mac adres so i can put my laptop and desktop pc to internet.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012