I have exactly $500 to spend

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lancerz, Jan 30, 2012.

1. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Cool, looks like I will be up and running sometime today then. Thanks guys

Total is $357.18 after tax for the I5 2500k, Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus MB and 8gb corsair vengeance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  2. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Man, hope I caught you in time. I used to own that Vengeance memory. Not bad mem but man is it tall. You most likely will have an issue with your aftermarket HSF clearing the mem. I have a Hyper 212 EVO and it is very nice for the money, just double check the clearance with those memory modules.

3. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Yeah, Even with only 2 sticks you think I will have clearance issues?

4. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    Those are all good choices. Man I wish I had a Microcenter in my area, there is nothing locally.

5. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Man, its like heaven in there...

6. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Well if your going with the ASUS and only one bank then they will be the furthest from the CPU so you should be okay. Thinking back with my MSI board two modules were closest to the CPU so the height was more of an issue.

7. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Cool, just left microcenter...now it time for the mad dash home lol. I wonder who hires those folks in there...I swear they just hire anybody off the streets.

8. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Just put everything together, fired up successfully on the first boot sitting at 26C idle. Ill take some pics later.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Why not order some ram instead of picking up from microcenter. 60$ is too much for that corsair ram.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I love Microcenter. I have one about 15 miles away. They always sell processors for dirt cheap.

11. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking to recommend you put another 50$ and buy a Radeon 7970...

Good choice.

12. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Trust me I wanted to order some ram but then my vacation would be over by the time it got here. I mean its only about $10-15 more than the ram on newegg.com plus I saved so much on everything else. The stuff I got from microcenter came to a total of $362 after taxes. Would have been about $435 from newegg assuming shipping was free on everything.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    fix your specs dude. and what m/b did you get. i would of spent the extra bit on the ram to get everything in one day too. 10-15 bucks isnt a lotta money conpared to waiting for newegg to deliver that junk

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  14. lancerz

lancerz Guest

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:

16. lancerz

lancerz Guest

[​IMG]

Can someone tell me what those 2 temps that are circled. I know one says cpu but its definitely not. The bios shows 27c and real temp shows 28c on all 4 cores.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    go by real temp.

18. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Ok, I'm goin to read that in a min and yeah I got the 212 evo

19. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Glad your happy and everything is up and running.

20. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Thanks man, you guys always come through as usual. From building my first pc back in like 05 I think til now.