USAF to deploy totaly autonomous drones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slckb0y, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    why are you asking this question or how does it matter ? is it supposed to mean i'm a lesser of a men because i never felt the need to blow people or myself up in a third world country for big international banking interest, the same founding the guys in front, all that for a minimum wage, the worst healthcare you can ever think, a cancer at 35yo from snorting and sitting on depleted uranium, and my widow death benefit stolen once i'll finally pass out looking like a ***** camp inmate ?

yeah sorry i missed this wonderfull oportunity to be used by my country with as much regard as a kleenex. not trying to misrespect any soldiers here, cause i for one think respect for people start by not wanting to feed them to a meat grinder.

but do you even know the real reason behind every war since the last 2 hundreds years and why there's always a new enemy to fight ? only to keep the class system in place, where 95% of the population is kept in poverty to the benefit of a 5% elite, just by blowing up the fruits of the industrial revolution that could have improved everyone life.

you support the military industrial complex ? you may aswell put the chains on your own childrens.

so no i'm not a soldier, but as you can see, i haven't missed the one to become a warrior.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I didn't ask a question. I made an inference based on my perception that you don't know how the military actually operates. I was also pointing out that functionally, there is no difference with dropping a bomb from 20 thousand feet using a button on a yoke or doing the same thing clicking a mouse button.

3. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    i know quite well how the military actually operate ;)

do a PR stunt on whatever country they feel like, lie in front of the UN, put embargo in place, send the aircraft carriers, bomb the living daylight out of them, invade, steal the resources, let the population kill itself, NEXT !

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  4. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    This drone is awesome!
    Yeah, I know it may be dangerous, but still I must say - this drone is a wonder of tech!

A bit of off-topic - I completely believe that everything is slowly coming towards Terminator-like warfare. The only thing now, that prevents US (and perhaps China) from creating fully autonomous army is the AI, or to be precise - the lack of it.
    But I think it's just a matter of time... just think - in 1900 noone thought personal computers will ever exist... but in 1907 a vaccum tube was ivented... then in a span of 50 years and several break-through inventions - we have a silicon transistor... add another 50 years - and here we are - talking about 5+GHz chips with billion of transistors... yeas, it took 100 years, but the development rate of new technology increased exponentially since then.
    And now imagine, that right now a true AI needs only a single (or two) genius invention like in 1907 to become a reality and alter the future.

And a word about "laws of robotics", and all other human made laws - there're all joke, and never prevented someone from doing thing outside these "laws"...

5. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    There's some wild ass ideas about politics here, but the military functions like a fine machine. 364 days of training, for one operation, and when it's being executed, it's just business as usual.
    Clue #1 that some don't know about the military, is that they think the military are some entity with an agenda even the US Government can't control. Thank you Hollywood :/

I'll be first to admit the shenanigans that world governments are up to, but armed forces of free nations are professional, well trained, and damn good at their job.

6. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    don't forget "compartmentalised" and "brainwashed to follow orders" please ;) like you said, they're trained, like attack dogs. they're only purpose is to kill and destroy, reason why free nation never use it on their soil...

see where i'm going ?

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why do you all still fall for Slckboy's trolling?

This X-47 is in the same generation of robots as your Roomba is that vacuums your home. You press a button to tell it what to do or which pre-programmed lines of codes to follow. It's NOT fully autonomous, that won't happen for at least another 30 years.

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes...slowly insane. Fortunately we can watch from a distance.

9. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    so u can fight wars without loss of men?

shouldnt this actually stop the wars alltogether?

10. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    IIRC, the guy watching it still fires the weapons.

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
  12. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    You do realize that those 3 rules were written by a guy, and unless the software has them built in, it won't work, right?
    Plus, one of the rules was changed at one point, and its a weapon. Its not supposed to work under those principles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.