Is one of my fans on my msi hawk gtx 460 dying?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hekynn, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    Title says it all. This happened to me just now while playing The Old Republic and right in the middle of a mission too. I'm looking at CPUID Hardware Monitor and its saying that one of my fans rpm is at 570rpm while the other one which is just fine normal 1560rpm and thats the fan on the right of the card. And it made a loud very long beep noise and i didn't notice it till my parents heard it. So any info would be very helpfull thx guys!

2. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Stick your finger on both fans to make sure they are both spinning! If they are then probably a read error! I would suggest using MSI Afterburner for reading all GPU Specs!
    Make sure your power connectors to the card are secure also!

3. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    Thx for the help found it was just a read error and the fan is working just fine again but it gets hot a little bit and varries from 68-70c as long it works and lasts through out the year then I'm happy. And I downloaded the msi afterburner all stats are just fine stock settings etc. During gameplay its like 68-70c. thx for help. :)

4. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    68-70c? o_O where do you live
    my 460 hawk gets to 53-56cs only if i ramp up the voltage slider to the max, otherwise stays it stays in 40s at full load

here's my fan profile if its any help
    [​IMG]

5. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    I live in Vail Arizona so ya I do think there is something wrong with my video cards cooler. Its doing it again like i posted the fan would work then not work.