SWTOR, double check with your guys

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Tcud, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Tcud

Tcud Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560 x 2 SLI
    Hi guys, I bought a new computer last month to be able to max out on playing SWTOR and after googling and searching and fixing this is how I have it to play the best that I can with SWTOR, I just wanna double check with your guys to confirm Im doing everything right.

1. EVGA GTX 560x2 SLI, Surround with 3 HP L1950G screens.

2. Have bezel compensation so that the pictures will be hidden behind the bezel. Changed monitors from 60HZ to 75HZ. Changed resolution to around 4020x1090, its the max I can go.

3. Downloaded the new driver from here, 290.53. Then use the control panel+CCleaner to remove old nVdia drivers.

4. Downloaded nVdia inspector, did the WCR removal and SWTOR launcher.exe thingy.

5. Turned on Vsync ingame, graphic quality changed from "hight" to "custom" when I turned Vsync on. The rest is automatically on hight.

Is there anything more I can do to press out the best that I can? I wont overclock since I already have a good computer as it is with:

Asus P8Z68-V Pro.
    i5 2500 Quad 3.3GHz
    8GB Kingston DDR3
    EVGA GTX 560 x 2
    Intel 320 SSD

Any input are welcomed.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Set shadows a notch down, high does eat a lot resources and doesn't look good.

Mind explaining that in details?

3. Tcud

Tcud Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560 x 2 SLI
    So I turn down shadow from hight to medium? Ya playing SWTOR yaself right? its a sure thing right?

Yeah sure, apparently you delete WCR 2011 from the list of preset in nVidia inspector, then you go to the SWTOR preset, click on the plus button and then add the SWTOR launcher that is located on your C/program/x86 or something like that to it. Doing that will make SWOTR enable your SLI. That is what I googled anyway.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yes I do play the game myself, and find that high shadows take some fps for nothing, in the way that medium shadows are more pleasant for the eye than the edgy not softened high nonequality shadows :D

Thanks.
    I see, that is for SLI, and found the thread on nvidias forum concerning it, interesting.

5. Tcud

Tcud Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560 x 2 SLI
    Ok, noted, I will be changing shadow to medium when I get home today. Any more advices?

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You could play a bit around with Ambient Occlusion in NV Inspector.

My games ini file looks like this:
    Code:
    EnableBloom = true
    Height = 1080
    Width = 1920
    NativeHeight = 1080
    NativeWidth = 1920
    RefreshRate = 120
    VerticalSyncState = false
    FullScreen = true
    TextureAnisotropy = 16
    WindowX = 0
    WindowY = 0
    MeshLODQuality = 1
    doShadows = false
    doBlobShadows = true
    EnableAdvEnviroLighting = true
    DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true
    TextureQuality = 0
    UseMinSpecShaders = false
    AllowDepthOfField = true
    GammaRamp = 0.85965216
    SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25
    FarClipScale = 3.9371195
    PlantDensity = 100
    DynamicLightsLimit = 50
    Buckets = 2
    GraphicsDeviceId = 4224
    AntiAliasingLevel = 1

[Game]
    MoviesFolder = ..\..\Movies
    SwtorRegKey = SOFTWARE\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    You can adjust PlantDensity and DynamicLightsLimit up and down, and see what perform best and what you like the best.

7. james1o1o

james1o1o Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    I have pretty much identical specs and I overclocked. You might as well squeeze as much performance out of the parts as you can. The 2500k will go to 4.5ghz with ease, and the GTX560's to 1ghz on the core. You could be talking about a 10-15% overall increase in performance.

8. Tcud

Tcud Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560 x 2 SLI
    I know what ya mean, heck I bought 2 extra fans so I can OC it if I want safely. But really, the game that I want to play SWTOR, run smoothly without me OC it. So I dont understand what 10-15% increase will do for me? :D

But I thanks you for your advice in case when the game demand more then Im sure gonna OC it.

But as ya know with the motherboard we got, will it be enought if I change it in the BIOS to "performance" instead of "energy saving" that I have now? or do I need to go to advance mode and manually overclock the i5?

9. james1o1o

james1o1o Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    I don't know about those EFI settings, but there is an automatic overclock button under advanced that should push it to about 4.4ghz if you ever need it. :banana:

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    There should be no need to overclock the 2500K for SWTOR.
    Only thing I made sure on my own 2600K and my friends 2400 is, that the turbo multipliers are exact the same max stock turbo on all cores.

11. Theta

Theta Member

GPU:
    2 x 290, 2 x 290X
    That's nonsense - the Fleet will dip your SLI into the 20%-per-card utilization level. Any place with hundreds of characters is very CPU intensive.

You will certainly benefit from overclocking (or having full turbo boost on one core) in situations like that.

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    80-110fps on my system, I highly doubt that I need to OC more than making all cores kick in with x38 at boost :)

13. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Your is the only one in the world capable then. This game game is a train wreck engine wise and just about everyone with a high end systems feels it in any location with lots of people and/or shadows.

Dual 580s here and a i5-2500k @ 4.6 (and yes, there is nothing wrong with my system. This is the only game with issues and I have done literally everything short of replacing the cards to make sure it wasn't on my end) and fleet runs like absolute ****. There are also a lot of strange dips on planets with lots of foliage and shadows. This is with max settings, 1080p and x44 AA and x4 TrAA enabled.

I really hope future BW patches and new Nvidia drivers focus on getting performance up there. This game doesn't look that great from a technical perspective and has some down right disgraceful texture work (cursory of BW downgrading the texture when the game went live) and there is just no excuse for it not running fantastic on med-high end machines.

14. Homonculus1987

Homonculus1987 Guest

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Mine runs flawless and so does my room mate and other IRL friends. No one I know personally has the slight bit of problem with it.

15. Theta

Theta Member

GPU:
    2 x 290, 2 x 290X
    Specs on the side.

25-60 FPS in Fleet @ 2560 x 1600 AA High - 20% Each Card Utilization

112 Everywhere else. Overall CPU use is around a core and a half. 75/75

Good for you all running low res - the 1600p people are in a different league of problems.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    SLI is not well supported, try with a single card.
    You are also messing with AA there, TrAA? I guess you are using nvinspector and force one of the supersampling methods?
    That definitive makes fps drop down to hell.

I run 1080p @ 120hz with the posted game settings and AntiAliasingLevel set to 4.
    Driver set to max performance regarding power saving, single monitor and highest quality, no optimizations, no vsync.

On a site note, there was no fps difference while playing it with high res textures during the beta, so no idea why they disabled them except for the cutscenes.

17. gloves085

gloves085 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    No Major Issues

I run 5760 x 1080 at around 110fps 80% of the time.

Was raiding last night with a 16 player raid and experienced none of the extreme frame drops that some are complaining about.

All settings at max except Bloom, that does appear to be bugged and will lock everything at 30fps in some situations, however alt-tabbing does seem to fix that.

18. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    That's pretty much correct about bloom, without it i'm at a constant 60fps

19. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    I've tried with a single card. Not the most SLI optimized game, but it does improve with it enabled.

Transparent AA definitely a big FPS hit, but all I need is 60 FPS anyways. Just kind of pisses me off when I see dip. I don't mean to make it sound like it runs horrible. 90% of the time (except the fleet... which is something I expect since this is an MMO) it's at 60. I just don't feel like this game justifies that kind of drop. Heavily instanced areas and all that.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    With SparseGrid Supersampling for TrAA, I get about the same drops.
    But can hardly blame the game me forcing something that it doesn't support.
    Still hoping for some proper AA in the game itself thou.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012