ATT last builds discussions.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Test0C

Test0C Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6950@6970
    @pipes: generally, I look overthere: ATT builds

2. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    Thank you!!!

3. flapane

flapane Member

GPU:
    Sapphire/hd5670/512MB
    Any good news for a manual fan speed table on hd5xxx serie?
    Thanks

4. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Ray, in the past you've mentioned that AMD's PowerTune is irrelevant when using ATI Tray Tools.

Does this mean that by using ATT that the cards will draw as much power as required when required? e.g. they'll never throttle?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

5. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Does it ATT work well with 12.1 preview drivers?

@ Ray
    Do you have to update option "Optimize Pixel Shader Code" after every driver buildt?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  6. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Vejn, I did not have problems with 12.1, but is there something specific you require of them? 11.12 works well it seems across the board.

As for the pixel shader, it's set to on or checked by default.
    Are you wanting it off or on?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. JanFajfr

JanFajfr Guest

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4870 512MB
    4870 OC in ATT

Hello,

I am trying to UC/OC my HD4870 with ATT. When I want ATT to find max MEM, it finds 1100MHz (CCC "only" 1055MHz). When the same applied at GPU, after few moments the system freezes with linear lines or brown-grey columns; CCC would give me 820MHz (not stable); but as I cannot (not able to do) underclock with CCC I would rather use ATT + its tweaking features.
    I tried to look at some forums for similar prolems but with no result. Could any of you please help me/suggest what could go wrong?
    BTW, I do have CCC installed, latest drivers (11.12).

Thank you in advance. Jan

PS: Sorry, if this has been discussed many times before.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  8. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Hi,
    I got flickerings in Skyrim (+ crash), Mass effect, Bioshock 2.
    Other games run well.
    I updated to 12.1a, 12x beta but the proglem was the same.
    I thought that ATT overrides shader code so the problem will disappear but it hasn't.
    Also, Witcher enhanced edition cause black screen after cutscene and nobody have solution. I updated everything, posted on forums, nothing. These games
    H: BM and Witcher run well on my previous card 9800 pro (128 mb) but with this hd 3650 doesn't run well. Now, I' try install win 8 with newest drivers.
    Do you have any suggestion ?
    Thx
    ps. I though that nobody will answer on this topic anymore.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. weop

weop Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 4870x2
    Sorry, my English is very-very bad :(
    I'm speak only russian language.

English (crooked):

I have a Gainward hd4870x2 (750/900). But when use ATT 1.7.9.1573 if look in the engine control center 11.12, then see that the fan is not controlled.

I think that the program runs only FAN1, whereas it works the FAN2.

Russian:

Я использую ATT версии 1.7.9.1573 и есть проблема с невозможностью управления вентилятором на Gainward HD4870x2. Вообще никак не управляет, а в графиках, при этом, отчитывается, что всё дескать исправно работает. Однако скорость никак не меняется и если смотреть в engine control center (драйвера 11.12), то видно что как были 40% так и остаются. web-инсталлер DirectX говорит, что обновлять нечего. Win7 x64.

Может быть беда в том, что ATT управляет первым кулером, тогда как работает второй (если верить АТТ) ?
    Как с этим совладать ?

[​IMG] _ _ [​IMG]

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Hi, Ray,
    Does last ATT beta currently work with the HD 7970, for OSD/temperature monitoring, d3d profiles etc (but of course overclocking and fan control disabled)? Or do I have to uninstall ATT before installing HD 7970 and wait for a new version?

11. JanFajfr

JanFajfr Guest

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4870 512MB
    Another problem: when I am trying to use Dump Video BIOS Feature, message appears: "Not supported on R5xx boards". But I have 4870 which is R7xx I believe.
    BTW, my current card is a 2 months old replace for RMA, could people in ASUS do something not very fair with the substitute of card?

PS: This could be connected why OC does not work on ATT, dont you agree?

12. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    @Author

I'm having trouble using ATT for overclock/fan control with 3 cards in my system. Either the I haven't found the feature or ATT supports only 2 cards.

Is there any way around this?

13. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Hmm Ray hasn't posted here lately :(

Ray did you receive 7900 series card from AMD or partners?

14. flapane

flapane Member

GPU:
    Sapphire/hd5670/512MB
    How do I prevent Adobe Flash to trigger UVD frequencies (500/600) if I enable GPU acceleration? I already know that 2d frequencies are more than enough for Youtube videos.
    I tried to exclude FIREFOX.EXE from auto overclocking, but it didn't help.

15. neologan

neologan Member

is simply disabling gpu accel something you can't do with your usage pattern?

This is what i have done.

16. flapane

flapane Member

GPU:
    Sapphire/hd5670/512MB
    Of course I want flash gpu acceleration.
    I'm trying to exclude "plugin-container.exe".

17. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Use manual clocks/profiles.

This will stop automatic scaling/clock increase.

Why do you assume that the flickering is shader related and therefore must disable/override?

Have you used any programs like Radeon Pro lately? Changes to registry settings that may conflict with ATT's registry entries may lead to graphic anomalies(though rare).

If you're trying driver after driver and still get the flashes, then it may be ATT's fault.
    If you're trying the same driver(s) with a program like Radeon Pro, MSI Afterburner, AMD CCC and the flicker goes away, then you know it's ATT related.

Give Readon Pro a try and see how it goes : http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/

Furthering that, it may be related to your card age/and AGP technology in combination with the drivers. I am assuming you are using the AGP drivers for HD 3XXX series, not the normal drivers for PCI E cards.

Contact AMD and let them know your hardware and see if they can advise.

If you're attempting to tie a fan speed setting to a clock profile (in Overclock section), then you can only do it for one or two GPUs(cores) as per the tick box above the core/memory slider.

However you could try a global fan profile. Select the hotkey section in ATT and then make a new entry, then select fan profile. Set your manual speed(s) as you desire.

That should then ramp up or down all fans with a click of a button.

If it doesn't, then ATT does not support fan control on three/four GPU systems.

Officially, no it doesn't. There's one way to find out though..
    However I've heard Afterburner and Readon Pro do.

Jan, I have never had this feature work through the HD 4XXX(R700), 5XXX and 6XXX series. It's not your fault.

As for your issue with overclocking. If you mean the card doesn't overclock a lot or well, then it could just be a poor fabrication. If it completely fails to overclock or the program doesn't work, that's a different issue you should post about.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  18. omegaomega

omegaomega Guest

It seems that you can only load an overclocking profile at startup, but I'd like an option to start an application instead - for more detailed voltage control.

19. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Um, guys...where's Ray? He hasn't posted here in 3 months...

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Hi guyz, sorry I am very busy with my primary and secondary jobs right now, but I will try to visit forum a more often.

So lets, start again after my post with your questions :)