Possibly working in Kosovo. How is it?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by peanutmanak47, Jan 4, 2012.

1. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well I'm kind of doing this for that. The pay is great and I get excitement out of it. Its exactly what I'm looking for. I wouldn't try working for a private contractor if I didn't expect to be thrown into a bad place.

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    they don't pay 100k a year for hanging out on the beach in Hawaii do they?

3. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i really wish i could get hired by a security company, honestly, but i have no training whatsoever. i understand where youre coming from though...

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Because her father, brother or boyfriend may be middleage about it.

Urban part may have been touched by modern wonders like electricity and Internet, but huge parts have remained very tribal.

Of course because of the whole "what you do to one, you do to many" mentality, you may just end up with lots of new friends.

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    A little before I got out of the army I started to apply to a security company in Iraq. I almost got the job but then my injured leg started to get worse so I backed off.

Starting pay was around 75k+ USD a year, would've payed for my entire university and living expenses from just one year :( .

6. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    They are paying even more now since the military has pulled out of iraq and everything. My friend had a chance for a job in Iraq with 120/30 day rotation and it was going to pay 125k.

7. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I say go for it. I would jump on that chance If I had that chance.

8. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    After a year or so of that, you can return home and become a Harvard Med Frat boy, with your choice of all the eligible women around! ;)
    Go for it, m'man, as you are only young once! :)

9. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hahaha. I'm already engaged lol. I'm already half way done with a computer degree, but like you said, you're only young once. Might as well make the money big time while I can.

10. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    "See the world! Serbia, Kosovo, Libya, North Korea, Sierra Leone, Afghanistan, Chernobyl, Chechenya! Fun times!"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

11. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Damn right lmao.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  12. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    hey, at the very least it will make you even more appreciative of what we have over here. that and the solid pay check.

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Members of our forum live in those countries and every country has troubled areas. Our members may find it rather insulting to see your comment. No more please.

14. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    i will tell you right now, that there is no one on this forum in north korea... South Korea yes.

[​IMG] From 2003

Here is one 2011... a little progress.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  15. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    I wouldn't call libya a ****hole, Benghazi is a very nice looking city and now without Gaddaffi they can really change the country around.

Benghazi:
    [​IMG]

Very large potential.

16. stut85

stut85 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 1GB
    Good luck, the region certainly has had a turbulent history. :leave:

If your going into this job you'll obviously have the right skills for extreme situations, just keep your wits about you.

I'm sure you'll be fully briefed and brought up to date with any issues and developments to watch out for.

If out and about in a leisurely capacity make sure you watch out for land mines and signs of that nasty Crimean Congo Hemmorrhagic Fever (although unlikely).

Some travel advice for anyone interested in visiting and or working Kosovo:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/kosovo

17. Redawgc187

Redawgc187 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 X3
    I wish you good times and good luck in your travels and please keep in contact with guru3d while there. I myself would love to do the same I would love to travel and see the world and the adrenaline rush from dangererous situations. I would probably be not able to do any of that though because of diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 2 years ago. Can you have any health problems while working for these security agencies?