AMD Releases Catalyst 12.1 Preview - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Radier, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Marcin89

Marcin89 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    i creating those profiles and they dont working in game. OMG wha im doing wrong ?

2. Matthew Simis

Matthew Simis Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970 + GT240 Physx
    Dunno, some people are saying this. You have to Apply and Save to a specific EXE per game (and the right one). If installed the 12.1's about 9times now and profiles always work if you do it as above.

3. De1ta3

De1ta3 Guest

GPU:
    2x6870 oc
    i have 2 6870 when i am in crossfire mode i use 2gb of vram and when i desactivate the cross i just use 1 gb of vram and no stutering ! so is not a vram or ram issue i have 16gb 1600mhz dominator downlaoad msi afterburner and watch by yourself ! im french sorry for my bad english!

4. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    You obviously don't realise how MSI Afterburner reports RAM usage you have to divide the value by the number of GPUs so both Crossfire and a single GPU are using 1GB of RAM.

5. Matthew Simis

GPU:
    HD7970 + GT240 Physx
    Its not just Afterburner of course, he isnt grasping a key limitation of Crossfire/SLI in general.

6. De1ta3

De1ta3 Guest

GPU:
    2x6870 oc
    yes i know but still geting 2gb of total vram !!! gta 4 have same bug batman city too btf3 but play very smoot when you desac the crossfire ! whit only 1gb vram ! soo is not a number of vram problem is more the driver dispatching vram in crossfire ! noo?? i think is a lot more djob to sync 2 video card then just one !?!?

7. Lodingi

Lodingi Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX650ti 1 gig
    I installed this driver but for some reason CCC will not open. I see it running in task manager but get nothing on screen. Reinstalling the software did not help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

8. bnmbnm

bnmbnm Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH6850
    uninstall>reset>driversweeper>reset>install

9. Lodingi

Lodingi Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX650ti 1 gig
    Hmm. Didn't work.

10. Matthew Simis

GPU:
    HD7970 + GT240 Physx
    The problem you describe is just generic crossfire not functioning problems. You do not have 2GB usable VRAM however, but I guess thats not relevant to the issue in this case.

11. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

After several weeks, the drivers FORGOT all my application profiles, and now will not save them after reboot :(

12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    These drivers seem to be the best and no issues with any game.