MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 10 (2012-01-06)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    If this is in an SLI or Crossfire system, you are operating correctly. The memory shown for GPU 1 is the GPU used by the entire system.

2. HighONE™

HighONE™ Member

I know, just wanted to report if it is a bug...

3. psolord

psolord Active Member

GPU:
    4070ti/3060ti/6600+
    When trying to OC my 5850 CFX system, one card gets overclocked but the other one stays at stock. Obviously I have selected the proper setting for the synchronization of same cards, under the general tab (crossfire is enabled of course). Catalyst 12.1a.

Should I uninstall beta 10 and re-install, because I installed over the previous version.

Thanks

4. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    just installed this version and now rage runs @17fps while afterburner is running , disable it and rage runs fine so not sure what is going on :( . did not have it with the last beta version

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's one more "present" from terrible AMD driver team. Multithreaded OpenGL engines support, which was introduced in this version and which is required to display OSD in Raster 3D mode, is deadly ineffective and SLOOOW inside their OpenGL driver. So either remove Rage.exe.cfg file from OSD server's profiles templates and lose Raster3D/Vector3D OSD modes support in Rage, or spam AMD to make them fix their drivers. I won't punish NV users and remove those things from Afterburner because of the next (and sadly traditional) AMD coding faults, sorry.

6. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    so it's a driver problem ? , was thinking of getting a gtx580 anyways lol

7. Stefan1962

Stefan1962 Guest

GPU:
    asus hd 6970 derect cuii
    Asus hd 6970 direct cuII

Still no support for voltage adjustment on a ASUS HD 6970 DIRECT CUII.
    Why is that ??

Stefan

8. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Thanks a bunch!

9. Unwinder

Because it is MSI Afterburner, not ASUS Afterburner. It was repeated A LOT of times that MSI won't support voltage adjustment on non-MSI custom design cards. So either get MSI/reference design card or use native ASUS software for that card. Period, it won't change.

10. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    Thanks for the release!

I've been using the console command 'gametime.maxvariablefps 60' in bf3 to control my framerate on the application side, but now I'm trying the new framerate limiter in AB. I have a tri-fire setup with eyefinity so framerate limiting is essential to smooth out the gameplay.

I'm curious now that I have 2 options, and without really understanding the difference in where the frames are being limited pipeline wise which technique would be better for a game like bf3?

Thanks,

11. Stefan1962

Stefan1962 Guest

GPU:
    asus hd 6970 derect cuii
    I understand that it is MSI afterburner and NOT Asus afterburner, but all reference 6970 cards are supported.
    What is the difference between a reference board and the Asus hd 6970 voltage regulator ?

Stefan

12. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    If you think a little you will get there.

The reference cards, use the same voltage controller, ALL the cards.

Custom cards, each one use their own voltage controller.

13. psolord

psolord Active Member

GPU:
    4070ti/3060ti/6600+
    Note to self. Next time you install the new version, don't be such a lazy ass, and uninstall the previous one first. You get to save your settings anyway. lol

Case closed. BF3 run like hell with the cards at 950Mhz. My Q9550@4Ghz even hit serious cpu limits. I don't recall when was the last time I saw the cpu at 100% load, when gaming. If ever that is.

14. Abacusrex

Abacusrex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk
    Memory temperature over 100 Celcius in-game! HELP!

The MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk has triple voltage memory which allows the user to adjust not just the Core voltage, but the Memory as well as the Auxiliary voltage. To unlock these features I needed to get the latest beta version of MSI Afterburner which turned out to be: 2.2.0 beta 10.

I get this version of afterburner working and begin looking around at the new features. I notice there's a memory temperature monitor and it reads: 103 Celsius max temp. I had just been playing Crysis 2.

Here's the funny thing. After playing Crysis 2 the memory temperatures don't go lower than 69c after a long period of idling. If I put my computer to sleep and bring it out of sleep the memory temp reads ~26c and idles at that.

Here's a picture example:

Idle before Crysis 2: http://imageshack.us...burneridle.png/

Max After Crysis 2: http://imageshack.us...nercrysis2.png/

Idle after Crysis 2: http://imageshack.us...rysis2idle.png/

Afterburner after sleep: http://imageshack.us...ertempdrop.png/

Simply click the image to fullscreen.

Thanks!

15. campb292

campb292 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Exactly.

Thanks again and great work Unwinder!

16. Likvid

Likvid Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970 Black Edition
    When i set the fan speed manually to say 50% and then hit Apply it doesn't stay at 50% i've choosen, AB changes fan value to like 40%.

I can never set the fan speed i want as AB changes it as soon as i hit Apply.

Will try earlier beta to see if the bug is there as well...

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    unwinder you think your vgddr findings will be implimented in ab?

18. Unwinder

Yes. Triple voltage control for boards with multiple programmable VRMs is already inside AB for MSI Lightning / Hawks series. It is just a question of database update to see in supported.

19. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    lol Alexy...wish i could put that in my sig :)

20. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    cant seem to enable the frame rate limiter?

i thought it was in on screen display - 'more' tab but its greyed out? do i have to change anything in the config file to get it working?

my card is a sapphire 5850