***Steam Reports 100% Sales Growth for 7th Consecutive Year***

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jan 7, 2012.

1. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    You also weren't a victim of the holocaust...therefore it must have not happened...

/

Steam has a LOT of issues. I am not some minority. The program is buggy, steam updates are bloated and ridiculous, and steam support is one of the worst custom support 'services' ever.

We all know your a steam fanboy beyond belief, so don't try to lie to me telling me steam has no problems.

2. Synks

Synks Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX 580
    Steam has no problems.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Uh...dude, the holocaust reference makes no sense. You would imply that I was in the holocaust, but came out completely fine. That analogy is pretty bad.

I've never had any problems except the friends list. That's all there is to it, for me. Steams always had super fast download speeds, great deals, never crashed on me, and I don't know how bloated a program that takes up like 10MB of space & 25MB of RAM can be. It's patching method could use a little work, indeed, but they have already started working on an alternative they said.

4. 7DayTheory

7DayTheory Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC
    No problems here besides the community servers going offline for a few minutes..

5. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Jesus christ you're thick:stewpid:

Actually the analogy is that because you personally have not experienced something...that it must not be true.

Me about Steam: it has problems, I have experienced them.
    You about steam: I haven't experienced them, it must be false.

Victim of holocaust: it was horrific.
    Holocaust denier: I never saw proof of it, therefore it didn't happen.

That's the analogy.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Definitely the sales! Steam is a lot more better than dealing with the ******* retailers here who charge $70 even for old games.

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Except the fact I've been using Steam constantly since release...so that I'd mean I was in the Holocaust for the whole thing and never had anything bad happen to me, which makes no sense, hence a bad analogy.

It just doesn't fit.

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    A lot of people live in America that didn't personally fall victim to 9/11...does that mean it didn't happen?

Just because you haven't experienced problems, does not mean they don't exist.

If someone told me they bought a product and got food poisoning and I told them I bought it too and didn't, that doesn't mean they're lying, not everyone is effected the same way by the same things. It doesn't mean that it's my fault steam is retarded., or that the person who got food poisoning is responsible for their own illness.

I know your intentionally being thick because of your pious worship of steam.

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Better analogy there, you finally got one right. Congrats!

Not intentionally being think, you just used a very stupid analogy. To a certain degree, the person who got food sickness is, it is your responsibility to research the food you buy.

Most Steam problems I see when visiting their forums are PEBKAC. There are an occasional few genuine errors, but Steam updates quite frequently.

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It does make sense, not sure how that doesn't make sense

Start steam online

Go to offline

Steam will now startup as offline, even if the computer has no internet connection

If they didn't have this implemented people would abuse it

Should have thought of that BEFORE you went onto the train ride

Good luck gaming in the future, or lack-there-of gaming, as if you stick to that motto, you'll be stuck with older games at some point without the possibility of ever getting a new game

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    ^

You can start Steam in Offline mode, even if you didn't put it in it before you lost your Internet connection.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    if all else fails though it's better to be prepared and make sure it'll work rather then hope it'll work

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    ...except when steam bugs out and offline mode breaks and steam has to release a patch, which can often take days. During my time using steam this happened several times.

People who say this does not occur are people who are persistently logged into steam...so they don't notice, but people who frequently use steam in offline mode have to deal with all sorts of B.S.

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No, no not really, i am consistently, as of late, in offline mode due to the fact that my gf's house has satellite internet, 200mb per day cap, and i don't want to overload their internet, so at their house on one of their laptops, steam is always in offline mode unless installing a game (from backup), only time i've come across the problem you seem to insist is there, is when i started steam in offline mode before even logging in, ofcourse, this did not work, and i didn't expect it to, i didn't even try to do it

I will say, a few years ago, what you're talking about was a problem, it was random, worked most of the time, randomly would work, etc.

So far, 9 months and counting and no problems with offline mode

So either you're stuck in 2008, or something is wrong with your side of things, or a combination of them both

And you can go ahead and fight this topic all you want, it's mute point really, you don't like steam, so you'll fight whatever nitpick thing you can as if it's the unholiest of problems and the anti-christ is upon us etc. etc. etc., when it all comes down to it, you won't budge, others won't budge, and there will be an unending futile arguement on our hands, happens all the time with "steam vs anti-steam"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  15. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I really need to be more careful with how I phrase my wording. The point I was getting across, is that Steam would be so much better if you didn't have to deal with the offline online profiles all the time when you are or are not connected to the net. Yes, I agree that security measure has to be in place to cut down on "Piracy", but paying customers still have to suffer with offline profiles if there is ever a bug. It's happened to me in the past, I would update my game, Steam etc, and I would only have a limited time to play offline before a popup would say, hey get your arse back online to update before you can continue with offline. That, along with some connection problems are the only one's I have ever had.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Then either get competent internet, or quit whining.

17. outbreak123

outbreak123 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    What's wrong you hating steam ? I've used for 3 years and bought over 50 games in it. I think they are awesome.. Sure it has problems but IMO Valve did a very great job with it. Good download speed, easy to use and cheap deals sometimes. You can contradict my statement, but this is my my opinion of Steam.

18. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You're doing it wrong then. If you go to offline mode when you're online, it'll work just fine after that.

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Mm, I never had to do that, but that seems to be the complaint about it.

20. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Yes, but if you do it like Steampowered site tells you to do it, it works.
    Sure it is inconvenient, no doubt about that.