Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
  2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Can't get enough of BF3 tbh

[​IMG]

3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
  4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The fact is general assault in this game is the way to go, general assault gives you C4 as an option which is far more effective than being an AT. Plus it gives you the ability to rearm yourself which means unlike AT you don't have to go hunting for someone to restock your munitions.

Wanna go a sniper or recon, why bother almost all the weapons have a decent range scope on them, they can all be switched to single shot mode for accuracy and doesn't matter what weapon you are using on hardcore or standard get a head shot and you get a kill the bonus for Assault sniping is that you get the Claymore as well which means you can camp a position and then prevent back stabbers sneaking up on you. Of all the weapon combos out there taking Claymore away from Recon and giving it to Assault is the one that confuses me the most.

I know Assault is meant to be a general class, jack of all trades master of none but in many instances the Assault is better at the task than the actual class that is meant to do that job

Oh and the tank stacking glitch, that needs sorting alongside the Recon guys using the MAV to gain access to tall buildings that they would not otherwise be able to gain access to.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

yeah sometimes i find it a bit frustrating when due to the damage of the tanks being angle based (hitting the back/tracks of a tank or vehicle at an angle won't do full damage) that a guy with 3-4 C4's can take any vehicle down instantly(not sure about amtrak).

also yeah, i was playing on a server couple days ago on karkand and there was a 3 recons camped on top of a reallllyy high roof close to B, using as-vals and it was utterly annoying.

also happen in the construction site (D) at gulf of oman in those buildings where they bail from heli's or use the spawn beacon to parachute there and can hide themselves really good.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    My god, seriously?

2 words for DICE: Test Engineers... seriously and in this case, we just need very picky gamers.

7. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Guest

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    This.

That tank perk stacking was just ridiculous.

I'm starting to think this game won't live very long...and the (low) ammount of servers I'm seeing lately can back this claim. Too much problems + poor map design = game dying faster than it should.

8. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    maybe where you live but in cali I see alot of servers both 32 and 64 player servers

9. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    how often do you think you have been killed by a "stacked" tank? My guess would be that maybe 1 in 50 players know about this, and out of those who know, maybe a handful have a buddy who is playing with them who is trying to "stack" the perks.

It is a bug and should be fixed, but don't act like that is a game breaking issue or a huge oversight on the developer's part. There are other things in this game that affect far more players....priority time should be given to those issues.

Having an extra proximity scan would only be useful against assault players trying to plant c4 or close quarters maps. It isn't going to help against engineers or aircraft firing rockets.

10. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I'll say again: Tanks are horribly overpowered.

Seriously, just the other day, I shot a Vodnik in the front with an AT rocket. In BF2, the Vodnick is dead. In BF3: Vehicle disabled, three guys jump out, and I die.

Simple fix: Get rid of the Vehicle Disabled BS. Problem solved.

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    This, this, this, this, this, THIS.

glad to know im not the only one who thinks the vehicle's have too much health, and not to mention how fast engineers repair.

seriously, especially on maps like gulf of oman where there are a alot of vehicles. and a good team will usually start getting all of the available vehicles and pretty soon you have
    2 BTR's and a tank going around capping flags, and a chopper flying around and it's pretty much GG.

and as i previously said, tanks have angle damage. if you hit the back of a tank on an angle, it won't do full damage.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, it's all about teamplay. Tanks can be really strong but a bunch of engineers can take them out in a glimpse also.
    If there are changes they should simply try to balance the whole thing, not only nerf everything.
    How much fun would the game be when tanks had lower health, lower reload, lower turret speed, lower repair speed for engineers? No one would use the vehicles anymore.
    Dice's typical problem is unlocks and their stacking effects. High level unlocks are typically overpowered, sometimes by far.

13. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    well that's how it was in BF2, and BF2 is still the greater game between it and BF3. so your argument doesn't really make much sense.

and no it's not all about teamplay, and engineers can take them out in a glimpse. ever try to destroy 2 IFV's at the same spot? it's pretty damn hard for it to happen due to high vehicle health or low rpg damage. and fast and extremely powerful weapons/perks.

then add a viper on top of that, and your team is pretty much useless. hell even the stinger is ****ing useless. so that leaves the javelim, wich is also pretty much useless unless for some grand reason there is a recon on your team
    who actually plants a soflam and uses it to help you destroy vehicles/heli's and planes who gets pretty much nothing for helping you. so there goes the motive to use a soflam, not counting how ****ing terrible it is to control it.

but for some reason at the end of the day, i still play this game. i only hope they do it justice and patch it good. even though it will probably take awhile since dice is the one making the patches.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

As of this moment people online.

before karkand was out max on pc was around 50,000, so if anything the games growing.

15. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    I'm missing a feature, where you could pre-customize your soldier in battlelog, instead ingame.. Would save alot of time in the beginning..

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    and i wish that it would actually save the camo i choose, also just noticed something, how the **** can a humvee survive 3 rpgs? it should be a 1 shot kill in any direction or angle.

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    when was that available?

18. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    My monitor's native rez is 1920X1080 and I've been playing BF3 in that. But I'd like to try to increase performance (I get better framerate) by running in 1680X1050, the problem is - that when I do that , the image gets slightly stretched due to different aspect ratio.

I want to know if its possible to play with black bars rather than have the game automatically stretch the picture? How do I do that?

I don't want to play in windowed mode.

anyone?

edit :i can change desktop rez to 1680X1050 and then it works properly, but is there any way to avoid having to change desktop rez each time i launch the game?

19. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

You may be able to set the .exe to change the resolution each time it is launched (by right-clicking and going through the properties). Not positive on this though.

- PR-0927

20. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hm, whenever I set 1680x1050 on my 1920x1080 native monitor theres black bars on the sides in-game...I was wondering how to make it fill the screen.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.