G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Are you using that in Skyrim.ini? Not SkyrimPrefs.ini, just Skyrim.ini.

Create that category [Actors] at the end of the file (if not, the damn game doesnt reads the parameter), then fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=14000.0000

Heres a copy paste of my Skyrim.ini
    [Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

[General]

sIntroSequence=
    bAllow30Shaders=1
    uInterior Cell Buffer=24
    uExterior Cell Buffer=288
    sLanguage=ENGLISH

[Display]

sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti"
    bMTRendering=0
    fSunShadowUpdateTime=5
    fSunUpdateThreshold=0.5

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=1

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects=1
    bReflectLODLand=1
    bReflectSky=1
    bReflectLODTrees=1

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

bGamepadEnable=0

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=14000.0000
    I've read from a guy that practices archery that it was pretty good. Here, found the entire discussion http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/mfmf5/i_find_this_very_irritating_about_archery_in/

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    As this guy pointed out, the arrow doesn't just immediately drop from the moment you fire it due to gravity. It actually arcs, making you miss headshots if your target is too close. I was so used to Oblivion's system I was a terrible shot at first. But once you figure it out it's really nice.

3. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Wow, great article.. in reddit and Yes I agree with the explanation about point of impact.

But the game compensates the arrow, with respect to the object the reticle is pointing dynamically. The game doesn't mention this and I was kinda confused why its happening in the game.

So using the above tweaks I mentioned, I am happy with the non-adjusting straight aim arrow launch in Skyrim instead of the point of impact arrow launch. Because I can make correct long range arrow shots instinctively and I get more satisfaction than just relying on POI shots (personal preference). <- but its worth a try, if you guys haven't tried it.

Ty for the linking the great article again :)

-Edit-

Gonna try with default arrow_rise values now, but I am still not enabling the arrow_magnetism or dynamic arrow biasing in the game. Can someone suggest me a realistic arrow crossing distance for a constant ArrowTiltUpAngle value..thanks.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    AHA!! so there IS an AUTO AIM in the game :). Great :). i will use this mod to eliminate it. because i have perks of SLOW DOWN TIME while zooming the bow and shotting. i fire my arrow to the infront of the moving target but sht auto aim ruins the arrow and fires it to target's current position. LAME bigtime.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Quoting myself cuz i think people reading over it.

Anyone else tried this?

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hmm i did miss this, ill give this ashot when i get home thanks via nvtweaks right?

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Anyone interested in Batman: Arkham City & Asylum for a copy of this?

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I just did it thru the NV Control Panel.

I forgot to mention i run D3DOverrider with V-Sync and Tripple Buffering. I disabled the Skytim V-Sync in the INI file aswell as in the NV Control Panel.

I also run SkyBoost.

I still had bad FPS drops when entering cities, but ever since i set the Pre-Rendered Frames to 0 it's "almost" history.

9. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    isn't Pre-Rendered Frames to 1 the lowest?
    i thought that Pre-Rendered Frames = 0 is like setting it to "auto"

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    0 = off

11. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    What magic level are you at ? Destruction level ? Perks ? Enchantments ? Just to give you an idea, I'm a level 48 mage. Well, a mage with Daedra armour. I've enchantment all my armour, rings and amulets to give me fortify magic and destruction, ticked the add two enchantments per item.

I'm close to being a God. My magic is almost never used, using incinerate. Forgetting about all the other schools, just destruction. I'm absolutely no warrior, have little perks spent in those areas. I just need one more perk to achieve dragon armour. Can't wait.

Btw, have you already tackled the main quest yet ? I'm still exploring but I realise that I'm close to finding most places. Hopefully there will be an expansion pack (with content for higher level players) from the devs to us busy until Diablo 3 comes along.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    There will be quite a lot of dlc for this game,also because its a new 3d engine an official sequel wont be that long coming compared to oblivion-skyrim.

Im currently taking abreak from this,played it to death but im far from finishing it.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I can't seem to understand why skyrim fails to run smooth. I went from a freakin E8400 to a quadcore for cryin out loud.
    My videocard is good enough to run this game properly not?
    Anyone have any suggestions? I already use the mods that make run skyrim better.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Skyrim only uses 2 cores, it likes high clocked cores.. also why sandybridge runs so much better because of their per core performance and easily OC.

15. Marius

Marius Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570 GTX SC
    I have no problems with it running smooth on my q9650 & 570gtx combo. With skyboost r3 it pretty much stays pegged at 60fps 99% of the time.

16. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Hell it runs smooth on my e8600 and 5870 even without skyboost.

17. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I see a lot of people in here with super powerful rigs.

I am just curious how Skyrim will run on something like my current computer?

18. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    It will run well if you play at a lower resolution and/or lower the settings. Your CPU is adequate for the job, but your GPU is getting a little old I'm afraid... the 512mb VRAM is going to hurt in games like Skyrim. It will play, just don't expect max settings at 1080p. :)

19. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Cheers for the info!

I know, my graphics card is getting well-outdated. I don't play games as much as I used to, but I loved oblivion and my friends keep telling me how awesome Skyrim is. I definitely need to pick it up.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm rapidly running out of stuff to do in this game though I have stumbled upon a few quests from searching for the remaining locations (I've currently discovered 309), e.g. Boethia Cultists, Ker and some guy who was trapped below a grate in a dungeon (and who could be used as a follower). My Dragonscale armour rating is 1002 (how high can this go by the way?), I can carry 910 units and most enemies with the exception of ice and fire-breathing dragons are a piece of cake now. I've completed all the main questlines now so I only have the random Raidant quests left. I'm kind of gutted because I still want to play this game but I've visited many locations so many times now and killed so many dragons (I have all 20 Shouts with only three Words left to find) that I have 27 dragon souls. I have 160,000 Septims and own all the houses (the Whitehelm one was bugged due to a broken "Blood on Ice" quest but I managed to use the console to 'fix' it. I'm at level 64 after 228 hours.

How many locations are there in this game as I only have those to find plus I could try levelling up my remaining skills to 100 I suppose. What else can I do? All my equipment and armour is upgraded to Legendary and I'm really at a loss as to what I can do now other than explore and level up (which now takes longer).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.