Asus M4a77td pro fsb:dram

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by uncle scam, Dec 30, 2011.

1. uncle scam

uncle scam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    Hey gurus, i have been searching all over asus and google, runing out of ideas.

Right now i have one stick 4gb of Kingston DDR3 1.6ghz 8-8-8-24 atm.

The frequenzy is set to 766mhz so thats 1532mhz, this is because i cant find the blasted ratio anywhere in bios!

Ive been tinkering all over bios, but i just cant seem to find it! If i push FSB any further the memory is an issue its at 230 right now.

Anyone with this mobo that can give me an advice?
    Really want to push this processor to 3.3 ghz. :banana:

edit:I have latest bios. Now i gave mobo auto rights on memory clock its 610.7mhz, using prime95 to test it right now (ratio 3:8)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. uncle scam

uncle scam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    Quote from overclockers.net

FSB:DRAM ratio is obsolete on AM3 platform as there really is no "FSB" (the FSB mentioned is actually the "reference clock").
    Memory speed is nowadays controlled by a DRAM "multiplier" (speed, after dual data rate, is defined by a multiplier above the reference clock). i.e. 200Mhz reference clock x 6.66 = 1333Mhz memory.
    To get DDR3-1600 operation on your setup you should either reduce the ref clock to 200Mhz (not ideal if you like overclocking) or increase it to 240Mhz and use x6.66 memory multiplier, or increase it to 300Mhz (at which point you could run the CPU at 4Ghz) and use x5.33 memory multiplier.

Not only that but FSB:DRAM ratio doesn't make a difference anymore. It used to be that 1:1 or 1:2 or 1:4 is the best for memory performance, on FSB-based platforms. Nowadays you could have 62:63 and it wouldn't make a difference due to the integrated memory controller.

Good corrections there, but i forgot to mention in original post that i was also looking for that multiplier, but failed to find it.

3. uncle scam

uncle scam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    Im starting to think I should blame my Phenom II 925 it has RB-C2 Revision, IF i set memory @ 1333mhz in BIOS, Mobo gimps it to ~ 1000.

I did some handyman work yesterday and drilled a 118mm2 hole in my cases roof and installed a 120mm fan blowing air out.

Temps are good now with mobo around 30c and CPU at 45 in slack, i cant see the stress temperatures because PRIME95 reports an error within 10 seconds. Memtest86+ runs 5 minutes with no errors.. Ideas?

Ht.ref 250mhz
    Vcore 1.46V
    NBVID: 1.30V
    RAM: 1.53V