G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  2. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'd guess male chauvinism comes into play. It cannot be conceived that the female character can be a better support than the male character who looks 3x as buff.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    My understanding is that, companions are levelled based on what you are when you first enter the cell they're in, and that they never level up with you, which would explain different results.

edit, nvm, found this

4. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Not half bad, they look a lot like mine, I use only a little bit of extra contrast and sharpening compared to the vanilla game. Most enb/fxaa settings look way too extreme imho.

5. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Finished the main quest at last! :D After 170hs and 67 levels in Expert. I did pretty much everything that could be done. with a single char exept pure magic (though im master at conjuration and alteration thnks to enchatment), and the heavy armor type with shield n sword figthing, wich required far to many perks aside for my assasin character (that in the end could slash trough everything wo stealth at all lol Godlike armor n swords ftw! )

Funnily enough
    the dialogue made a point i didnt noticed at all, that i didnt absorb Alduin's soul, so he's probably at the end of times, waiting to end the world to start a new one! Or leave everything in the Void, though he never states what he would do after ending the world... Not eating anymore probably lol And it seems that Shor its a different beign than Lorkhan. i thought that i would see Shor himself after a few NPCs at Sovengarde told me that they recieved direct orders from shor to not to engage Alduin. But seeing and defeating the first son of Akatosh its already lots of Aedra interaction with mortals for a single TES game i guess, wouldnt have minded seeing Talos get involved since hes so important for the civil war, or maybe he isnt a god after all, like the Thalmor believe, just a beign that is powerful enough after death that he can influence stuff in the world, like the Knights of the Nine quest of Oblivion, maybe mannimarco has that kind of power

Got a few surprises from the end. First, that as i thought i while before, and later a special NPC confirmed, Nords really lost their connection with magic and that they actually revered it a lot in ancient times. Its kinda stupid to think that they got all their tales of magic and power, their ancient ruins with more magical secrets and artifacts and still Beth decides to portrait them as backward axe swinging nords, im pretty sure anyone would get the picture that magic was indeed a prominent part of their past by just watching what the ancient nords left behind. But it seems that the actual TES lore conflicted with what Beth wanted to make out of the nords (connan in mind i guess) in Skyrim. So you got these conflicting parts in the same game.

6. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Heh.... My companion is that first guy you come across in Riverwood.... Feriel or w/e... I've played like 100 hours already and I still have him.

7. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Haha, reached Conjuration until max in my game and got a set of nice spells as a reward for the related quest.

Out of those spells, 'Dead Thrall' ROCKS.. ;)

Permanently resurrect an NPC/UNDEAD to follow you forever* and when it does die, it just becomes a dead body instead of ash (which you can raise again). With a perk in Conjuration, you can have 2 'Dead Thralls'.

(I Need to collect rare bodies_feel like Orochimaru now..hehe.)

8. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    For companions I have been using Mjoll the lioness but I still feel Lydia was better.

I am going to switch back to her for the following reasons:

Lydia does not attack my companion Dogs if I accidentally point towards them while picking weapons.

I have seen that if I store a loot in a chest and give a command to take all, all the weapons from my companion[Mjoll] turn out to be stolen.[Lost over 30 k of gold that way].
    I have been looking to get the sell stolen goods perk.

I hate that "I am itching for a fight"

Finally the last time I asked lydia to stop following me I stripped her off completely of the armour and thanks to the female nude mod the Whiterun house carl stays naked in my bedroom.
    PS:No matter how much armour I give she will not wear it :p

It's time I give her some respect.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  9. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    I read in somewhere Skyrim will allow us to have sex slaves. Does that come into account when you have over 3 female house carls and a wife .

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I got all sharpening disabled myself, personaly find it all too much. It's all about personal taste :)

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    game was good, without CTD for a while but now it keeps crashing to desktop again. and i dont use any mods or tweaks etc..FCKING HELL.

12. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    -mate u said u could take everything off of her, how do i do that, ya see the armor and shield + sword she uses i cannot see them in her inventory at all, and she sometimes uses them and not the dragon armor i gave her, is it a console command or sumat?

13. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I still have those water flickerings, despite the fact that i fired any mod at the moment :( Tried mods managers but im not good at this, yet.

I could have affected my .ini files in my games/Skyrim i suppose ?? they were on read only so i doubt of that.

I also unninstalled/reinstall the game, checked their validity in Steam/properties/Local files, it didn't help to get rid of this water bug... veeery annoying :puke2:

Rq: if everything was easy then it wouldn't be of any interest for me:nerd:

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Isn't that a SLI (And Crossfire.) problem, also partially a 3D problem if you're using that.
    (I don't know anything much in-depth about these issues but I think the above is quite accurate although shouldn't the latest drivers solve the SLI/Crossfire problems?)

15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all ive lost this guy Proventus Avenicci the guy who sells the first house whats a console command to bring him bk to the dragon search ?

16. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I think it isn't a multi GPU issue because i didn't had that before it only started when playing (clumsily for sure) with mods and specificly water ones i think ?

my driver is 290.53 atm and i should search this way too.

cheers

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The water flickering seems to be a bug with the modded water textures,i have found a fix for it,when this happens,press the m button to get your map up and then go back to the game and the flicker will be gone:)

18. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Some of the companions like Lydia or the archer from riverwood allowed me to trade even the equipped items although this was not true with Mjoll the lioness.

Also the game resets to the default armor of the NPC if they are not your companion. So without the default armor for lydia she was in her undies when I asked her to stop following me:nerd:.

19. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    If you completed the quest for the conflict between stormcloaks and imperials he will move to solitude and won't sell anything

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Proventus_Avenicci

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I had a CTD yesterday after 2 weeks or something. It happend after i enchanted like 50 Iron Daggers and left Dragonsreach.

Then it crashed right after the game was autosaved, because when i started again i was at the door outside.

Dunno what caused it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.