Asus P8P67 Pro USB question

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by sano614, Dec 16, 2011.

1. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    Hi everyone - So I upgraded my PC about a month ago, and everything has been great with all the new upgrades. The only "problem" I'm having is I can't figure out how (or if it's even possible) to enable to have my USB ports active when the PC is shut off. I'm trying to have it charge my wireless mouse ( newest Razer Mamba) and my phone if needed.

My old Gigabyte P35-DS3L used to do it right out of the box without me setting anything up, but I can't find out how to do it with this new mobo. I've looked everywhere in the BIOS, and even updated it to the latest today and I'm stumped! It's a pain when I turn off the PC at night and my mouse battery is almost dead and I go to use it in the morning and I need to plug in the wire. =\

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    No one? =\

3. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Maybe sleep mode?
    If you just shut down windows, power will reduce to zero in some moments after shutdown. Sleepmode will keep some power on your system.
    Some boards let you switch on power with the keyboard, others don't. This one doesn't. So there is no power when you shut it down.

4. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    There is some power up thingy on the BIOS of my mobo. umm... I dont know exactly were but its just under the USB 3 controller options. I dunno if you can do the same with USB 2.

5. sano614

sano614 Guest

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    I actually looked around in the bios some more and there was a power on with ps2 keyboard setting so I enabled that and now it's working.

Thanks for the replies!