Skyrim + 4870 CFX / Crossfire + 12.1 = fps stuttering when turning around in game...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RaydenTheOne, Dec 15, 2011.

1. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    Hello,

i have skyrim and that is my problem. (2x4870 in CFX Mode + 12.1 Driver)

skyrim with crossfire disabled = all is fine i have ja constant FPS and when i looking around i have no stuttering and massive fps falldown.

skyrim with crossfire enabled = fps is much lower then with CFX disabled and i have massive slowdown in fps when my charackter turning around it stutterd very heavy.

what i have testet = all AMD driver since 11.10.... always broken CFX.

then 12.1 with Profile and AFR Mode = same problem

radeon pro with oblivion profile doesnt work for me because when i start it with my 4GB Skyrim mode i get the message steam_api doestn there and i cant start the game. Without the mod the game crashed after loading a savegame.

So are there any Players with 4870x2 or 2x CFX that has Skyrim worked very well and DONT sturred so heavy with FPS slowdown when you turning youre charackter. it doenst care where you turning youre charackter in wildness or cities the effect is alwasys the same. stuttering when turning. :wanker:

Can anybody hel me ?

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    try this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

did you try the settings at HIGH instead of very high ? and 4xAA ??

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  3. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    and when you turnign arounn you have no stuttering and massive fps loss ???

that woukld be awesome.

but 1 thing.... with that 4GB mod.... the exe you have to trigger dont work for me i must put the /exe/tesv.exe from the mod subdirectory to this alias because without radeon pro doenst start with that profile.

and i have have also delete the ini fiels and it crashed without the 4gb mod and with 4gb mod i become the message steam_api not found.

hmm i think yesterday i have testet it with youre settings....

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    have you downloaded the latest 4gb patch ? it has updated a few times.

5. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    yes version 1.5, maybe i must wait for the offical skyrim 4gb fix. but my questeion you have NO stuttering when you turning youre char ? that would be the musted negative feeling whith CF on.... and that is it that it makes me unpalyed for me....

6. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    are you sure with this files as alias you triggered radeon pro/profile with 4gbmod skyrim start ?

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes i dont have stuttering. the framedrops in cities still remain though.

you need to try lower settings aswell, since you only have 512mb of ram, which might cause the stuttering (running out of memory).

8. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    i have seen a video where this CF stuttering turning aroudn problem was on a 6970 with 1GB memory.

i hope i get fixed this problem.

you have 1.5 4gb mod and have these aliases as radeon pro profile ?

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes , those are my screenshots. playing with my 4870x2.

10. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    i think it worked now thanks :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

11. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    How did you get it to work?

12. ocbones

ocbones New Member

anyone running this game with 2 4870x2 in crossfire?
    im getting a max load of 50% on each of the 4 cores? is this a driver issue it seems like it.

is any one quad fireing skyrim how are the max gpu loads looking on each core?
    it it working for 2 6990 in crossfire?

13. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    i think the hole ATI driver is not fully supported for 4000 radeon series with skyrim. i have the same issue with dont maxed cores.

with this radeon pro fix the stuttering while be turning aroudn youre charakter is much more less since before. before the cores are not syncron that 1 have 50% and the other 20% and that goes hte hoel time. Whith the radeon pro AFR fix both core have the same process time...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  14. djamorpheus

djamorpheus Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 670 2GB
    The 50% gpu usage in skyrim has nothing to do with the drivers and everything to do with the fact that only 2 cpu cores are used. This game was not optimized for multicore CPUs... Console port.

15. DEVILVSANGEL00

DEVILVSANGEL00 Guest

GPU:
    2 X 4870 x2 CROSSFIRE
    Hi

im running a 4870x2 x2 crossfire setup and have many problems as well with the latest ATI/AMD drivers 1st of all the lastest drivers wont even let me enable x fire lol my soultion to this was to use the old 10.6 drivers which let me use crossfire but still had a side effect with skyrim, basicly when playing into a new area the gfx cards clock settings stayed as they were in desktop so got like 10 fps and stuttering when loading pages,

i found out that whenever this happens if you used alt and tab and went back into the game every time this happened the clocks would go into 3d mode and get the high fps again, also by pressing ctrl + alt + del in windows 7 it brings up the options to lock computer log off and task manager and so on, and then press escape stright away it would have the same effect and bring back the 3d clock speeds much faster then using alt and tab, its annoying at how much you have to do this but it works and brings back the game to how it should be

i also am getting about 50-60% gpu usage per core and yes thats all 4 gpu cores being used and not the full 60fps that the v sync limits the game to and the cpu is only using about 15% when playing so its not a bottleneck wish also shows even more issues with amd/ati drivers,

theres defently problems with the AMD drivers and 4*** series with or without crossfire and skyrim lets hope they eventually sort them out as it shows a lack of commitment to long term ati/amd customers with good setups still,

hope this helps :)

16. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    Honestly I really think this game needs to be patched for stability! I really don't blame ATI for this game. Sure their CFX support is pretty slow - but I have a stuttering problem with this game that just wont go away no matter what driver I am using. maybe it not even the gpu at all. I think they need to release a cpu and gpu patch for the game. Until they do it just isn't going to work stable for everyone!

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I had problems turning the camera in corners and narrow passages.
    Using a nifty program called Dxtory solved my issue by properly limiting my FPS to 60 (Vsync enabled in Skyrim INI).

18. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hey man, I had stuttering issues on my setup with the camera too, particularly because the game ran well below 60fps sometimes, (currently running 5760x1200). The way I fixed my issue was to use RadeonPro to FORCE V-SYNC off. From what I've read online the mouse movement is somehow synced to your frame rate and if it deviates from 60 much it will become jumpy. Very lame. Forcing VSYNC off also eliminated mouse lag for me too.

19. RaydenTheOne

RaydenTheOne Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 4870 CF /512MB
    ok i have found my stuttering problem when turning in game.... with MSI afterburner i monitoring my video ram and when i turning around my video ram GET MAXED OUT hit every time when the stuttering beginng the 1000 VRAM Mark, same problem in other games like Battlefield 3.. stuttering beginns when VRAM gets maxed till 1000....

so the problem is my video card it has only 512 ram and thats to low.... i sell the gard and buy 1 single radeon 7000 i think...

20. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    ATTENTION
    Why can't people just understand the problem is not your hardware - you all have hardware good enough to run this game! The problem isn't hardware - the problem is the developers don't give a crap about PC optimisation because they didn't think it would sell so well on pc! Accuse me of ranting if you will but I don't see how anyone can defend Bethesda for their PC optimisation of what is essentially a VERY good game! This one really isn't ATI's fault or your hardware!!!