Game Controller for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Roy Katzenbauer, Dec 13, 2011.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yeah does work fine in most ubisoft games. however in assasins creed 2 it does not.

LT and RT move the camera to the left and right,which the right joystick should do.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    wireless xbox360 controller for me, works a treat. good for pretty much everything except fps (works with those too though)

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That 'hiccup' is the reason I ditched my wireless 360 controller for a wired one and I've had no problems since then even with the Assassin's Creed games. Both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II detected the wireless controller and (annoyingly) assigned a non-standard 360 profile to them. Turned out they don't recognise the RT and LT buttons properly when you try to reconfigure them as well. Actually, it doesn't recognise them at all if you try yet both games detect the wired controller perfectly (you don't need to reconfigure anyway but you can if you want and the triggers are detected correctly).

I don't exactly blame UbiSoft for that though, just Microsoft for releasing a wireless controller with dodgy drivers. I also came across this wireless controller glitch with another game but I can't for the life of me remember which one.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I like the notches in the thumbsticks. I actually have to keep buying new controllers once those wear down.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I love my 360 controller! I use it for a few games on my PC, but most of the time I use it for emulators!

6. outbreak123

outbreak123 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    I never play Hawx.. but for all splinter cell and AC i've played it always have problem.

i think this link works for fixing wireless 360 controller for every ubisoft games.
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/4091001958

as for the wireless response, i can assure you that there's no lag (to me at least). i only use it mostly for single player game, but MP games like racing games also works wonder. It works like a dream, most games now support it, i can't even imagine playing some games (Assassin's creed, Batman etc) without it.

Definitely recommended!

7. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I first bought the wired black xbox360 controller than bought seperately the wireless adaptor and im very happy with it it works in all games i've tried altough i wouldnt recommend playing skyrim with it...its good if you want a cinematic view of the world but in fights the controller won't cut it, especially if you play on master and every hit counts. I wouldn't recommend buying anything other than PS3 or Xbox 360 controller if you want a high chance of the game to recognise it.

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    360 controller either wired or wireless with a receiver and chargeable batteries..

The best thing with the 360 controller is that almost every games these days supports it out of the box with colour coded buttons in games etc.

I personally prefer the PS3 pad but for compatibility the 360 pad in windows is the best.

9. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    I would say the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller along with the Wireless reciever is the best choice.

Also something to check out if you're a Razer fan is the Razer Onza, basically 360 design but with adjustable analogue sticks.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well you could easily fix it. place a file in the main folder and it works just fine. xinput i think it was called. i havent met a game that didnt work for the wireless controller. im actually happy with wireless rechargable controllers, dont want wired ever again.

11. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller is the way to go ... for sure ;0)

12. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti

nope.. i dont get any input lag whatsoever.. it will run To its full ability and function and when it doesnt have enought juice, it will shut completely off

this means it has some type of circuitry or technology that makes sure it has enough juice to use all the functions and insead of it having wierd low battery effects..(ie like an RC car or truck would have )... it decides to shut off at a minimum battery level so you dont get those adverse lag effects and it has an onscreen battery indicator (that you only can access by your desktop..)

im sure its not perfect and if an actual scientist tested it for lag, theyed probably find something close to being soo miniscule it really doesnt affect gameplay..

i have a play and charge kit so i can have it plugged in to my computer to charge or i can switch to wireless just by disconnecting it because i have both the play and charge kit cable in one usb port and the wireless 360 controller dongle in another usb port!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  13. outbreak123

outbreak123 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    I've been playing Skyrim using 360 controller on Master difficulty for over 150 hours w/ no problem.. The UI was made especially for consol and double wielding have never been so easy and fluid (using left right trigger). so I found that as a big advantage.

I've tried using the PS3 controller for PC and found that the driver is a mess.
    Bottom line is, just go get Xbox 360 controller. It's worth it :)

14. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Yea. I have played HAWX on my lappie with the 360 wireless controller.. It works great and without any issues... Although the wireless controller needs a specific MS USB wireless dongle when using with the PC.. Just so u know..

15. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Wired 360 controller. No issues with batteries running out, just plug in and you're away!

16. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    try playing mage then and hitting running targets with spells with a controller:p

Im not playing many games with the controller so probably its because im not used to it ...but still i think even for someone used to a controller thats hard to do

17. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    wireless controller has rechargeble batteries...when the batteries run out just plug it and they will recharge. and you can also play while they charge. and the cable is quite long

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Wired Xbox 360. I hate almost every game controller that doesn't have wires.

19. timSR3

timSR3 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Yeah I know but I prefer a wired as I sit close enough to my rig to not need the use of a wireless. But I understand that some would need wireless or may just prefer it. I just can't be ****ed with possibly running out of battery during a game, then have to find the cable and plug it in and faff about. But that's just me!

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, the wired is alot more convenient, while also being cheaper.

The only reason i use the wireless pad over the wired is because i prefer the weight, wired is a little too light.