CM 690 II Basic/Lite VS Advanced

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nubki11a, Dec 10, 2011.

1. nubki11a

nubki11a Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6870 1GB
    I just spoke to a friend who said that adding more fans won't really help a great deal if you have a CPU cooler, I can use one (probably pretty bad) fan from my old CM case. Will that be good?

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    One has nothing to do with the other.

In order for the CPU cooler to cool well, it must have a constant supply of fresh cold air and for the hot air to be exhausted. Same goes for video cards and hard drives.

[​IMG]

3. nubki11a

nubki11a Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6870 1GB
    I wont be able to use 2 fans on the sidepanel, due to the Hyper 212+ blocking one vent. If I were to add two fans (meaning I would have to buy one) would it be best if I would use one bottom intake fan, and use the other for an extra exhaust at the top? This would mean that I would have a negative air pressure, I read somewhere that the CM 690 is better off with positive air pressure for temps... So should I buy no fans at all or only two? And not just one?

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You would be better off with a positive air pressure, so put one fan in the bottom intake and one in the side bottom as an intake.

But like I said, the 4 pack of 120mm fan deal costs as much as a regular 120mm fan, just go for it and you won't have to worry about fans for the next decade.

5. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest