Need for Speed: The Run

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    anyone test new drivers 290 one?
    AA still not working?

2. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    im bored of it already, its just the same over and over, gain 10 places to advance, make up some time ZZZzzzz, i thought it would be like Cannon Ball run but its just meh.

Asphalt 6 on my phone is more fun than this.

3. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    anybody tried SMAA ?

4. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    Smaa?

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Good game but the cloud saving feature is a little buggy and Origin is absolutely hateful as I have problems updating every game that uses it (this, FIFA 12 and Battlefield 3). I checked for an update for this game and Origin proceeded to download the ENTIRE game again. I ended up having to uninstall then reinstall it from the discs. Then when I loaded it I was told the Local and Cloud Saves didn't match so I logically chose the one with the latest date (the Cloud) as it obviously would be a newer save, right? Wrong! Turned out it was one from a day earlier which hadn't been saved to the Cloud so I had to do Stage 5 to 6 all over again.

Driver FXAA in the 290.36 betas works great with this game by the way; just use NVIDIA Inspector to enable the hidden FXAA settings.

6. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    Make a screen with settings pls

7. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Yes SMAA works fine and better than FXAA at the cost 1fps lower so there's not noticeable at all :)

8. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    thanks for that :) will try !!!

and did yo use dx9 folder or dx10 folder ?? by the way does this game use dx11 when all settings selected as ultra ? because ım using ultra

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  9. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    game is crashing at start with SMAA.. any fix ?

FIX: dont use afterburner (even the latest one) while playing the run. it crashes the game with SMAA.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  10. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Really do not know why most of you guys do not like Driver SF.
    Better then this game IMO.

11. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    FXAA Vs SMAA

PNG screenshots
    click to see @ full size

FXAA (custom config with sharpening and some vignetting)
    [​IMG]

SMAA (default)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  12. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    I'm using dx10 bro :) Wonder why no dx11 version for all FXAA and SMAA injector.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm getting annoyed at the way the game resets the race if I happen to just go slightly off the tracks in the "wrong" spots. It's so inconsistent sometimes I can drive several metres off the track and other times it seems to reset almost straight away after a few inches! With the heavy handling and breakable barriers it's sometimes difficult to take corners without going off the track slightly.

I think in the hands of more capable developers this game could have been really special instead of merely OK-to-decent.

14. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    SMAA + inspector and no more annoying jaggies now ı can play this awesome game !!!

15. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Have to say this is the first NFS game I have enjoyed since Underground 1. (been a long time).

The whole 30 fps thing hasn't bothered me, which is quite surprising as I'm a strict 60+ kinda guy. I would like more but it's not bothering me, maybe hidden by the motion blur (or the beer)? I don't know but it's not as important as in a FPS game anyway.

Love the whole gumball style race and the tracks and environments very much reminds me of the bike speedathon I did this summer between south England and up to North Scotland. Great tracks and variations.. Ps where are the god damn bikes, this game would rock with some, especially if they were well implemented like burn out paradise.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hmm, might need to try it out, but 60fps is alot more important to me in a racing game than a FPS, but since it's not a realistic racer that i would play with a wheel, maybe i could live with it.

Can it really be finished in 2 hours though, that does make it feel like poor value until it's discounted.

17. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Buy Driver SF when it come on a Steam sale again(If you do not have it) amazing game.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Really, i heard it was poor, but when it's cheap enough i will take the risk.

19. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    No, probably a case of Ubi rage. Great game bought it on the Aut Steam sale less 50%. Worth every penny.

Lots of fun and 60 FPS constant, no slow downs

20. Wokis

Wokis Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan
    The campaign mode is short, yes (though you're encouraged to run it in four difficulties). But by comparison, NFS HP didn't even have a campaign mode.

This game got a bunch of single player races in a separate section called Challenge series and it's odd to me that these seem to be ignored just so people can call the single player part for a 2 hour game. In that case, NFS:HP has an non-existent single player mode if we can't count the races that aren't involved in a "campaign" of sorts.

They could probably mask it saying it's supposed to be like an action movie hence 2 hours makes sense, but let's be real it was probably lack of time that made it that way.

All in all the game is much about multiplayer and Black Box's dream of creating a larger NFS community.

The developer chat has made me expecting a 60FPS patch eventually. If not, I don't like them. The motion blur is doing a good job masking the 30fps but it's still a kind of racing game and since it's not a movie I wouldn't mind more fluidity.