AMD Catalyst 11.11C "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 30)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. pickup

pickup Member

GPU:
    6950 DualFan 2GB@900/1250
    again, skyrim fps drops in towns are GAME BASED, no amd driver or crossfire profile will fix it, nvidia users have the same problem. blame bethesda not amd...
    the only thing that will help a little is overclock your cpu. the game is just a very poor console port.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Batman AC much more playable under dx11 for me with these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doesn't completely remove the stutter but def playable enough until the patch arrives.

Thanks asder! :banana::banana:

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm seeing no more dips in frame rates, nice.

4. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Member

GPU:
    Ati Mobility HD 5650 1GB
    I installed this morning Nov.29 one's over 11.11B, so far they are good.
    Should I install this one now since it is dated a newer release?

Nov. 29 one's have a higher number (therefore they are newer than 11.11C?) of Driver packaging ver, 2D driver, Direct3D & OpenGL ver <-- This is where i get confused.
    Only thing newer in 11.11C is CCC or am I missing something?

And only difference between B & C ver. is added CFX performance scaling for 5k series wich i have no use for.

Now i know newer is not allways better and that people should stick or update drivers depending on what kind optimization they bring for games they are playing and overall performance impact it has on their systems.

With that being said I play Batman:AC, AC:Revelations, SS:The Third the most (no Skirym for me) CAP2 installed

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    November remembered me why not to go Crossfire...Especially sucks for users crossfiring older AMD cards

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Forgot to add I didn't remove cap 2 even though some said I should. Also the stutter in Batman AC returned after entering a new part of the city. :bang:

7. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Skyrim CF indeed works better now.

8. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Active Member

GPU:
    7970 crossfire-1125/1575
    Unfortunately not for me. Before they patched it, renaming to oblivion.exe gave me a solid, smooth 60FPS vsync (2560x1600)

Now, even with these drivers, I get anything from 20-60 FPS, erratic mainly due to how "busy" the scene is. I'll wait till properly fixed :(

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    BF3 is awesome with these.

10. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    BF3 works like charm with 11.11c but unfortunately this one bugs Skyrim for me so is not playable anymore... wonder why everyone has different performance with the same drivers over and over again...

11. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    11.11 cap 2 needed?

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Cat 11.11_
    A is better then B.
    But C is better then A.
    Therefore, C is the best, yay!

13. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    LOL I must be psychic. I knew 11.11c wouldn't be far off. Anyway, I still see there's no love for the HD 4000 series.

14. adams222

adams222 Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 5850 (Xfire)
    Confusing stuff here...

Do we need to add CAPS? There are yes and no responses so I'm confused :stewpid:

Can anyone confirm the correct way?!

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Most of the time is the same people with problems. But problems exist regardless.

Batman AC DX9 smooth with crossfire support since release. I already beat the game and I didnt find any bugs, corruption, stutter, glitches, etc. Max settings with 16x AF forced through CCC.

Battlefield 3 is working great since 11.9 wqhl + cap4 for me. Performance drivers is giving me a better experience. The game just need better maps...lol.

Skyrim crossfire support missing from day one is inexcusable. However, with 11.11b I had crossfire support with 5xxx series but limited to 2 gpus (60fps constant). I dont have a single mod installed nor I have changed any command yet. I wanna beat vanilla version first then I ll do it with mods. Really smooth experience. I dont care running with 2 gpus only, it saves energy. Skyrim graphics are nothing special no matter where the slider is.

Assassins Creed: Revelations is fine with scaling but people from both sides have reported problems with the game. It s needs a game patch.

I dont have SR3, isnt it sponsored by AMD? lol... that s fail if all AMD users have problem with that game. I ll buy it next week and I ll try it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic beta weekend had crossfire support with shadows flickering if set on high. Scaling was great.

Rest of my games work fine so I d like to understand better why some people have so many issues with drivers. I run trifire without any major issue.

I ll share what I do with my drivers.

I always uninstall drivers using AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
    Reboot and install new drivers with everything checked except for Hydravision. I read a post of someone fixing his "stop responding" issue at start up with that uninstalled. I dont need it so I dont install it anyway.
    CAPs are already installed so you dont need to reinstall them all the time. Just keep the latest one.
    I always disable the AMD high definition audio device. I have a sound card.
    I disable hardware acceleration from Firefox.
    I have page file disabled. I have 18GB of ram actually.
    I clean my registry with Ccleaner like every 2 weeks or so.
    Windows media player sometimes keeps playing and that creates stutter in games. I always make sure it is disabled.

Nothing special really. That s how I run my PC and I dont have all these problems some people experience. I hope anything from above helps someone.

Good luck

16. Artex2010

Artex2010 Guest

I don't know how you didn't get negative scaling with the 11.11b driver - it actually disables Crossfire.

I have a Core i7 930 with 2x5870 Asus ROG Matrix Platinum cards and with the 11.11c drivers, performance is really not any better compared to just one card. It seems like each card is running between 40-50%. I always run driver cleaner before installing the new Catalyst drivers as well. Truthfully, Skyrim is the only game giving me (and apparently everyone else) problems. There is simply no excuse not to have Crossfire working at this point - especially when nVidia had a SLI-supported driver prior to the games release - albeit one day. This driver nonsense is enough to make me switch to nVidia, but Bethesda really needs to step up their game and fix these game-breaking issues.

17. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    These drivers gave me a 5-10 FPS boost for Saints Row 3. Usually my FPS seems locked at 30, and sometimes dips to 25, and although the gameplay is still smooth, its not AS smooth as say, 40-50. But now its a little better and stays above 30. Ultra settings @ 1080p.

However, i seem to be experiencing some stuttering for the first time. I never had a problem with this game. Skyrim crossfire scales nicely, and again i think i have a 5 fps boost. But until i remove this stuttering for SR3 (because its the main game i play now) i might have to roll back.

18. deviationer

deviationer New Member

Yes there is cfx for 5800 series for skyrim but why is there still a 60fps cap no matter what you do? Also the cfx scaling isn't as good as it should be.

19. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    the scaling seems to be the same as when i rename my tesv.exe game file. and your fps is capped because Skyrim has v-sync on by default. to turn it off, you need to add this line to your skyrim.ini file under the [display]

iPresentInterval=0

20. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    The Gods must have poked you with a golden finger.