Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nothing wrong with bringing out sequels, well there is plenty wrong with it in my book, but that is what everyone wants these days, no one seems to be interested in a new IP.

Every developer/publisher is guilty of it, of any recent games, only LA Noire comes to mind which isn’t a sequel.

Nowadays I prefer third person games, first person shooters are devoid of creativity these days, and are so built round MP that there is nothing left for SP gamers, so can’t see me wasting my time or money on another one anytime soon.

At the end of the day Ubisoft are console developers who mostly make console games, but also release them on the PC.
    The PC is not the priority platform, and it shouldn’t be as it’s the one with the lowest sales, the PC gets as much attention as it deserves for this game.

Ubisoft have messed up with the DRM though, from one extreme to the other.
    This is the first game in months, maybe even this year that has been leaked before the release day.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    As with the other Ubisoft titles the release day patch is now out.
    (Or well close enough to the release date, usually a few days earlier - also in most cases. :p )

Anyway it's ~770 MB or some such so for those who got the game early (Gamersgate have yet to send the serial so I can't actually play it myself.) and ran into issues it might be fixed now, unsure what that update consists of.

EDIT:

#Fixed issue when in some situations smoke bombs didn’t trigger properly
    #Fixed issue with a Dares being displayed incorrectly
    #Fixed various text overlaps caused by the localized representation of Keyboard buttons
    #Multiple graphic improvements related to NVidia 3D vision (Added sky rendering options to game menu)
    #Various small camera related fixes, like camera now follows a fresh respawned user if he spams the "Center Camera" action key
    #Fixed some issues that sometimes occurred when switching between executables
    #Eyefinity optimizations for superwide resolutions
    #Various tweaks and fixes in Multiplayer related to Friends system
    #Voice chat icon is now properly displayed when it’s turned off
    # Fixed problems with running game in offline mode

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. parth

parth Guest

GPU:
    HP/GT220/1GB DDR3
    i would love to see AC 3 with different characters.....NO OFFENSE TO EZIO :)

4. parth

parth Guest

GPU:
    HP/GT220/1GB DDR3
    will have to wait longer to get my hands on ACR!!!

I've per-ordered it form Flipkart (which is still not showing release date for India). but got it very cheap (Rs850 = $12) for just single player.

i'll wait for it to come although the game is leaked.

no point, getting it from piratebay,bit client,etc :biggun:

ALWAYS GET ORIGINAL GAME

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's "always"... might keep that in mind before barfing capslocked crap next time.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I just found an old interview concerning how the devs enhanced the gameplay of AC1 to make AC2 - which is still amazing imo. Good read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/assassins-creed-ii-final-hands-on

^this

I guess this is what made AC2 really something new. You witnessed the beginning of it where everything seems to be great, then bad things happen, your home is locked up and you gain that assassin uniform to bring revenge.

Perfect start for a game imo and 'bringing revenge' in AC2 takes hours and hours of pure fun in different cities. Wish they'd had so many cities in Brotherhood.

1 big city aint enough after AC2.

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got my retail copy from ShopTo.net last night: it was actually sent out on Monday as well so had the post behaved I'd have been playing it on Tuesday! Anyway, I played it for a few hours (so nah, nah, nahnah to Steam as it would have been tomorrow at the earliest if I'd bought it that way! :p ).

Seems pretty OK so far, although the drastic change in appearance of Desmond is kind of jarring even if the modelling of the faces is much improved. The engine is looking a bit dated these days though (the detail draw distance is a little console-esque and short plus the self-shadowing is particularly ugly with all the jaggies). Runs fairly smooth otherwise on maxed out setting here (@ 1920x1200 with 8xMSAA) but I do have the odd stutter which is odd because both ACII and Brotherhood ran silky-smooth. Also, the 750+ MB Day One Patch was a bit of a shocker, I have to say. I mean was the game released broken or something? :O

Love that the opening section revisits areas from the first game as I immediately recognised them. It's still fun to play but I fear that I may get bored of this fairly quickly as there doesn't seem to be much that's new according to the reviews I've read.

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game uses these large block like files to store various parts of data (And three exe files, MP, SP and Animus hah.) so the patch overwrote the existing blocks (Or well, archives.) with the patched ones though why they did not use a patch that's a few MB big and just update the archives (instead of replacing them.) is a bit strange to me, of course it would have taken a bit more time to patch the game but I don't think it would have mattered too much. :)

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Jonas u keep buying games like i do but i wonder u complete them at all?

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I have a lot of free time now, that and games are getting a bit shorter these days, thankfully there are exceptions. :D

Got to the first actual city now and did most of the introduction sequences, I like some of the refinements such as the hook-blade and the more fluid combat, story is also a bit more serious since Ezio is a bit older now, combat is also more brutal though the AI is still a bit so-so. :p

That Desmond memory thing is pretty neat too and quite a unique experience, should have taken some screens of it but I'll try again once I have unlocked more of it. :)

It's also pretty much required to at least know about the story from Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood even if it's summarized briefly before the game starts, things will be a bit disconnected otherwise.
    (Though I'm sure it's fully playable, I myself had to rely on documentation on the internet to understand the finer points in the storyline so far and those subtle hints and so on, there's a lot more to it than I thought.)

Seems the CE is also exclusive to Ubisoft's online store for the PC version, not much though other than some additional upgrades to the character and a extra location to explore with a unique weapon reward.
    (And two additional MP characters but I don't play MP that much so to me it means little.)

(Can unlock some extras via Uplay too but nothing that's required or really adds to the game as far as I saw, this also seems to be the first game with Uplay achievements and not just those four rewards/challenges.)

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Any game where multiple enemies take it in turns to attack you one at a time while the others patiently await there turn, even when there's a dozen of them, has questionable A.I. IMO, i.e. those guards must be brain-dead idiots. ;)

It's a shame that UbiSoft Montreal didn't take cues from the Batman Arkham games as to how to do combat against multiple foes properly as the combat has always been very weak in the Assassin's Creed games and woefully easy as long as you get the timing right, which isn't difficult anyway. I played Brotherhood for example without getting hit ONCE! :)

13. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    If Amazon didnt screw up my order i should get the CE for pc today. Maybe they made a mistake and put the ps3 version into the package lol. Lets see. :D

But you're right, Amazon no longer lets you order the CE for pc, but it was ok when i ordered it in July.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I do the same thing, I buy games but almost never complete them. :D Most of the time in the case of COD games, I just play the MP and not the SP except for MW1.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol same :D I have cod4, 5 and i still haven't finished SP yet.

16. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Oh great. CE just arrived but now i'm off to band rehearsals. :p Guess i'll visit Constantinople later this evening.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted!

17. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    SMAA is working great in this game too !!

18. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Well said mate nobody should pirate this game no matter how they feel about Ubisoft.

Got some extra ACR DLC if you want, nothing much. It is Altiars Robes.

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Before/after pics?

20. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    all FXAA modes make fps drop in Assassin's Creed:Revelations , why ?