GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That doesn't always work either. Skyrim is in my games folder. When I install the 290.xx driver, the profile for Skyrim is missing.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Wrong. Missing as in the profile doesn't exist when you uncheck 'show only programs found on this computer' and scroll through the list, the profile is missing. Why do some need this repeated?

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    have it your wai :)

but who the f*& would be adding profile manually in the 1st place...
    because that's what I read from Hunter's post and the quotes withing that ppl have been doing

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hmm never thought about this i have only a few there, tnx for the tip.

But the funny thing is i have Flatout3 and Avatar the game in this games folder, and the driver doesnt auto detect it (any driver so far). Only after i manually add it like this L4d2 example, then its fine..

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Because many times the driver doesn't pick them up, especially steam games. If you want to customize a game profile then you have to add it manually. The profile is there, it just doesn't show up automagically.

6. smokey163

smokey163 Member

GPU:
    8800ultra 648/1620/972
    maxed out in skyrim except 4xAA and 720p but getting nice 40-60fps ambient acclusion is very noticable now I think...

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    No, i use microsoft security essentials, i don't think any thing is blocking it i think its just a simple bug that nvidia didn't catch because there idiot's. I'm not really bothered by it anyway it only takes a few seconds to correct with nvidia inspector and they run great for me with Battlefield 3, that's the only game i'm playing at the moment.

8. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Ok. So are we only talking not showing on that useless list "Show only programs found on this computer", or the drivers actually using that profile?

I've never had problems with those profiles, and they sure hell are used, even though they don't show up in the "Show only programs found on this computer" list, none of my games show on that list, ever.

And if I would like to edit those profiles, I've just selected one from the list, which I know I have on my computer and I'm pretty sure drivers are applying my modifications to that game. And this happens when I still haven't "imported" the game exe manually to the list nor do I see the game on "Show only programs found on this computer" list.

9. LeppeRMessiaH

LeppeRMessiaH Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R5
    Anyone having this problem with the cursor (while dragging) and/or some transparent icons (in WinXP)? The previous two drivers fixed it but now it's back. Can this be fixed?

[​IMG]

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No, I don't have a shortcut on the desktop as I don't play the game any more, haven't for months actually.

11. Romo

Romo Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX780 DCU II OC
    at least they fixed my BSOD (driver reset failed) while booting windows which I had with all 285 drivers :)

12. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Can any one confirm if the candle light lag is reduced in Skyrim when using this driver ?

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The performance in Skyrim with these drivers seems much the same as with the previous drivers to me. I haven't noticed any differences myself. Shadows cast by candles and the like are handled by the CPU according to what I've read so unless the developers rewrite the engine code to offload their rendering to the GPU then I don't think drivers are going to improve on that area much.

v1.2 patch is due today but from the initial release notes it doesn't look like there's much to get excited about as it doesn't mention any performance improvements nor does it specifically mention that the random exits (a.k.a. crashes as everyone else likes to call them) to the desktop have been fixed. I fear it'll be a disappointment for many, including myself, but we'll see.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well here is hoping the skyrim patch dont break savegames nor the 4gb patcher (so we cant use mods!)

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i was hoping for some magic performance increase in Skyrim with this driver, but as i see from you guys same performance..

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    nice hehe :D and they fixed windows7 boot logo flicker too.

17. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ^logo boot flicker gone here too

18. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    What's the logo boot flicker? Never seen that.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  20. Dirk

Dirk Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 570
    PNY GTX570 Crash

Annyone help here!? i got a new PNY GTX 570 Card and it always crash when i play a game???? about 5 a 10 sec of playing my screen going black????
    I tried different drivers but nothing help! H.E.L.P.