Batman Arkham City

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by illdrag0n, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    He did, there's a "Speed=-1.0" on the 2nd line that was =1.0 on the 1st

2. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    WOW I really need my eyes checked damn all that and all it needed was a - ok I will try it wish me luck.

3. seero

seero Guest

GPU:
    2x 660Ti DirectCU II TOP
    runs faster after unofficial update dx11 playable now

dx11 PHYSX high
    8xCSAA
    all els maxed 1920x1080

[​IMG]

4. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Ok it kinda didn't work, when running off a ledge it made batman run back , so either I changed the wrong line of code or something with the game and this controller is wonky.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

5. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    What unofficial update would that be?

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah first i've heard of that, maybe he means the new beta drivers, if so those didn't do anything for me.

Doesn't look playable from that screen either, certainly not with a minimum of 2fps.

7. seero

seero Guest

GPU:
    2x 660Ti DirectCU II TOP
    in benchmark 2fps thats crap in game it actually does not drop under 25fps and as for the update i do not mean beta drivers
    use google

8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Yep google really helps.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&cp=3...osb&fp=d0b7ff87d10ffef2&biw=1489&bih=765&bs=1

Are you not posting it yourself due to it not being a legal update (ala via pirate crack?), seems kinda iffy if you ask me that instead of actully posting the update or where to get it you just say "use google".

9. seero

seero Guest

GPU:
    2x 660Ti DirectCU II TOP
  10. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    thanks for trolling..

11. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    then you shouldnt mentioned it as we are all on the same boat here mate

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think i will skip it then, in my experience unofficial patches tend to disable, or reduce things that person can't see, and thinks you will be the same.

If it was a DRM removing thing, then it's a different story, but that is clearly not the case with this game.

13. seero

seero Guest

GPU:
    2x 660Ti DirectCU II TOP
    well fine just thought if i found it sure some of you will figure it out

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I know DX11 is still broken (hurry up with the damn patch already, Rocksteady!!!) but has anyone tried FXAA (High) with this game under DX9?

I tried it last night instead of 8xCSAA and was surprised at how good it looked, perhaps because Arkham City is mostly a dark game such that jaggies aren't really that noticeable in Unreal Engine 3 games, which use post-processing anyway, even with AA disabled completely.

Well, I had to lower PhysX down to Normal on Ultra settings at 1920x1200 with 8xCSAA but with FXAA (High) I was able to play the game with PhysX on High with almost no stuttering at all. In fact, the framerate was pretty much 60 fps for the time I played it and that was outdoors in the city itself. Looks like PhysX on High doesn't work so well with MSAA/CSAA on single GPU cards.

P.S. Is it just me or is anyone annoyed at the length of time it takes for this game to just show the damn loading screen? It must be at least 30-45 seconds on my system before I see it. I'm guessing that it's because of the SecuROM protection? :bang:

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    y u no play in DX9?

16. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    There is either something wrong with these new drivers or its the game I was playing in DX9 and DX11, but over time I get this weird heavy stutter, and I see that the GPU are almost not used it would drop to 10% or less, very strange indeed.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    If you mean me then I *am* playing under DX9 as the game stutters terribly under DX11 even with tessellation, v-sync and AA off.

18. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    AAAAAAARGHHHHHH, im about 8 hours into the game. yesturday my game crashed as the saving symbol was shown at the bottom. and today when i start the game after pressing start it instantly crashed. im guessing corrupted save file :( no way. this is the stuff that puts me off playing a game. i was on a part where u pick up a phone on the street and then u need to run to other phones before time runs out or the bad guy will kill some innocent girls. anyone got a save near that? preferably before that after defeating freeze??

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    GfWL titles unfortunately have a very high tendency to corrupt from what I've read across numerous forums. Corrupted saves are even an issue on the Xbox 360 with LIVE. I've been lucky so far to have only had it happen with Virtua Tennis 4 on the PC (twice too!) but it was enough to put me off playing the game as I lost 10 hours of my career.

Just be very careful that you NEVER exit the game while it is saving but, obviously, you can't do anything about it if the game decides to crash while it is saving (give me nightmares, thinking about that!).

What would be better with Batman: AC is if we could also make manual saves so you at least can progress without having to completely restart the game. Kind of dangerous these days to only have a single auto-save IMO.

20. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Yep, its a known bug in the UR3 engine, because for whatever reason, the left axis is apparently flipped when using a 360 controller...other known bugs include the x/y axis on the right stick being flipped, and the famous spinning camera bug...

Also, make sure you change all instances of XboxTypeS_LeftY, or you might get some odd behavior...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011