GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The FXAA doesnt work for me on skyrim. (indicator not showing either). in mohaa (opengl) it is working, the green square is also showing in the top left corner.

2. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Depends on the overall health of your operating system really. On those systems where Driver Cleaner or Driver Sweeper cause major problems, there were other underlying issues. In general these applications work just fine for 99% of the users. Please don't spread false information.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    about Metro2033

Did you enable both FXAA options (NV predefined FXAA usage, Toggle FXAA) or only Toggle FXAA on?

4. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    yep both :)

5. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    STOP saying that, I've seen several driver threads already where this has been said and its pure and plain BS. I've never stopped using Driver Sweeper and I never have any problems at all, and that's with the latest version from the official site.

Rare hollander.

6. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Weren't the Physx drivers supposed to be new? Because when I installed these on top of the 285.62 WHQL using a custom and clean install options, I did not see the Physx Software listed there. :bang:

7. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    You need to scroll the list in the installer to see physx at the bottom.

8. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    According to the Control Panel, I still have the Physx Software I installed back on November 16th:

[​IMG]

Is that normal?

9. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    In the release notes it says

[GeForce 500/400 series]: When attempting to set the resolution to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz
    PC mode, the HD mode 1080p 1920x1080 @ 59Hz is applied instead. [878521]

This is on fixed issues but I still get it
    Any help guys?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @kcuestag - The version of PhysX included with the driver is the same version you already have so the installer doesn't list it as it has no need to install it again.

11. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I see, thanks. :)

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ok, tnx :)

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Hey I just linked official Nvidia instalation procedure, and stated that I agree with it.

You do make a point though -Depends on the overall health.
    Hammering the case may also be beneficial... depending on the overall health of your operating system :)

If your OS config is so screwed that the normal installation procedure is not normal anymore and should be avoided, you'd be better off fixing it / reinstalling , am I right?

14. willis936

willis936 Member

GPU:
    GTX560Ti 950/1900/2100
    Wait are you saying this beta driver successfully auto downclocks your multiple display set up? I'm running 2 monitors out of 1 GPU and it's not doing that for me. I can force it through nvidiainspector but that causes instability when OCing the P12* state. It freezes the entire system after about 20 minutes of gameplay. Super not cool. It also is less than perfect for accurately downclocking during videos or certain game menus (switches between power states often, screen flashing each time). It'd be super duper nice if they would implement this. It may be a "hardware issue" but it certainly can be worked around with good software.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Racist.

16. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    @Rare Belg :thumbup:
    Am using DS myself for long now, and it never borked a windows install, never, so can only say that you got it right

17. willis936

willis936 Member

GPU:
    GTX560Ti 950/1900/2100
    It might not hurt to "follow the proper steps of clean driver installation" but it is wholly a waste of time. You will never ever encounter stability problems from nvidia driver installs. This isn't 2004.

18. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    does this crapy driver fix the low gpu usage in modern warfare 3 becouse that its stupid that game needs several optimisation otherwise no need tho swap drivers

19. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB

disabling in game AA on Dragon Age 2 and COD:MW3 fixes the crashing problem..

im curious to see how nvidia will integrate the FXAA.. it is useful if a game does not offers internal AA otherwise it leads to driver conflicts as we can see on Dragon Age2 and MW3..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Well I may have spoke too soon....the other Beta's didn't give me a Driver fail/recover on a 430 with say TF2 in windows mode while working on something else but that's what happened here on the new ones. Anyone else see or have this happened in similar situations?