GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    I feel that my BF3 is allot smoother...
    about Skyrim its about the same - the Ambient effect is nice looking but butchers the FPS...

2. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    GOOD to know. Since BF3 is all im playing at this moment.

3. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    195mb lol

I wonder how much is the simple driver and physx files, less than half that ?

Anyway, good to see Nvidia keeping us appeased with some fixes and updates. :)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's same for me, 50-60 fps indoors and 40-50 fps outdoors. While the graphics are decent, they certainly don't account for why the game isn't running at 60 fps all the time as it is using DX11 after all. Just Cause 2 looks and runs better than Saints Row 3 and that's DX10.

5. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm trying to figure out if there's a compelling reason to upgrade from 275.33. If the FPS limiter was included I'd upgrade in a heatbeat.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Interesting.

I used the Fallout 3 0x00000003 flag to force Performance AO in Skyrim but ended up turning it off as grassy clumps looked overly dark and odd looking, AO could be somewhat flickery at times and you could see it still during a heavy snow storm as dark patches (this especially looked ugly IMO)! Maybe this flag fixes those issues?

*EDIT*
    Ah, so Wanny reckons the Call of Duty: MW3 AO flag is better? I will try that instead then.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Check wanny's answer i quoted above.

In short no its worse and takes perf. hit.

Use CODMW1.

8. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Nvidia can't fix BF3 - it was designed to be broken for at least another year till BF4 comes out :p

Aside from that... going to test now should be fun.

9. Miroglu

Miroglu Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB
    Thanks

10. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    skyrim and fallout3 bits are exact same.. tbh i am not surprised this one coming after seeing GeForce.com article.. probably the author advised it to drivers team and he didnt have much time to try other bits.. you know people were using FO3 for first 4 or 5 days, then we saw different bits like oblivion or mw that Wanny found :)

cod:mw_1 cod:mw_2

11. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    For some reason my GPU usage isn't maxing out like the previous betas. Its 98/97% and was always 99/99% with 285.79. :3eyes:

Yes prefer max performance is selected.

12. johnyG

johnyG Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    I can confirm this.
    Also after carefully comparing screenshots I found out that that the default profile for Skyrim gives me the best looking picture, while COD:MW bit seems to omit shading certain places.
    Not a huge difference by no means, but then again SSAO itself is rather subtle in Skyrim.

13. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    *second thoughts about this comment*

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  14. Vimm

Vimm Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660 Ti
    I get 10+ more fps in Skyrim with these. Heavily modded .ini and HD texture mods. 4x AA 16 AF. Bumped up from 38-42 outdoors to 48-53~. Steady 60 fps indoors.

15. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    When I try to add TESV.exe (Skyrim) in the games profiles in the control panel, it does not recognize the game. It did recognize it though with the previous beta drivers. How is this possible?

EDIT: Well actually none of the previous games that were recognized when added the exe, is added as a known profile rather than the path of the exe.

16. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i get best preformance with 285.27 seems as if older drivers are alot smoother
    in all games ive tested

the witcher 2
    bf3
    skyrim
    sonic
    la noire

17. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
    There is something wrong with the application profiles. Instead of adding a game exe and control panel giving me a pre-made profile. It creates a new blank one for the game that already has a profile in drivers. Does this override any driver made adjustment for the game?

Now added profiles show as eg. for BF3:
    "x:\origin\battlefield3\battlefield3.exe" instead of "Battlefield 3" (that is shown grey when browsing non installed game list in driver profiles). Same thing happens to every game. Just adds duplicate blank profiles and leaves pre-made ones greyed in the non-installed list.

Tried reinstalling drivers but doesn't help at all.

18. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
    Same thing happens to me also. With every game. Reinstalling didn't help at all. It just creates blank profiles and leaves premade ones greyed in the non-installed list. :3eyes:

19. johnyG

johnyG Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    So you want to add another profile, on top of the existing default profile, both referencing same *.exe.

Interesting...

20. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Try to read carefully what the problem is.