Problem with text, corrupted in ati control center.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ticcatch, Nov 25, 2011.

1. ticcatch

ticcatch Member

GPU:
    4550 5450 7900gs etc
    Have this problem with the text in ccc, using now 11.9, tried uninstalling and reinstall but the text problem is still there.

Dont remember with what version it first started. I cant completely uninstall and reboot since that gives bsod on reboot even in safe mode. So have to install chipset\ati after uninstalling before a reboot.

gigabyte 780g with hd5450 card.
    [​IMG]

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    dont use safe mode, use VGA mode..that shouldnt BSOD as the drivers are hardened

looks more like bad fonts....try a repair install of windows...

3. ticcatch

ticcatch Member

GPU:
    4550 5450 7900gs etc
    Ill try vga mode, dont have a monitor but a led-tv so ill check if it works.

But that text error is strange.

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It looks like it's set to display a language you don't have installed so it just shows boxes.

Some programs changed based on your regional setting, I dunno if CCC does. What is your location set to in Windows?

5. ticcatch

ticcatch Member

GPU:
    4550 5450 7900gs etc
    Location in win 7 is set to Norway, i can try changing that.

I had the same issue before reinstalling 11.9 (Tried 11.10 but dxva video would not play)

If i uninstalled and used driversweeper the machine would do a bsod cycle, so have ll chipset drivers\ati before a reboot.

edit.. Reinstalling the fonts in win 7 fixed it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011