NEW BIOS for ZOTAC GTX 570/580 AMP!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by IMaysky, Nov 15, 2011.

1. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Official Bios for Zotac GTX 570 AMP! (ZT-50 202-10P and ZT-50 204-10M) and GTX 580 AMP / Infinity (ZT-50102-10p and ZT-50102-30p), Obtained by mail from the support Zotac and in site has not been published. Fixes crashes in DX11 games (voltage raised to 1.0v for GTX 570 and 1.05v for gtx 580 in 3D). In the archives you will find complete instructions from Zotac.
    P.S. Thanks johnnyw and tarpon31 who kindly provided BIOS.

GTX 570 AMP!.zip

GTX 580 AMP!/Infinity.zip

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    These BIOS updates that increase the stock voltage are a big fiasco. I mean man... didn't they test their cards to know what voltage to use for stock and have a reasonable headroom to guarantee the reliability of every card?

3. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    My card for example, even at 0.975v running stably in DX11 games (in nominal value was 0.950v). Here you and headroom=)

4. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Added bios for the GTX 580. Edit the topic title please.

5. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 AMP
    Hi!

I'm having major problems after installing the new bios. I followed instructions; burned VBIOS_GTX570AMP to a DVD, and let windows boot from the DVD. When prompted, I pressed y and enter to start the flashing. After a short while I got the message that the update was successful, and I removed the DVD from the tray and restarted my computer.

This was when the problems started. After the restart the screen turned low res, and at startup all that can be seen is vertical columns blinking. After logging in I am able to use 2d applications, though with low resolution and artifacts everywhere. When checking the GPU in the windows device manager, it says that “windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”. GPU-Z detects the card, but states that all clocks are at 0 MHz.

As the new bios was from Zotac, I trusted that everything would go smoothly, and therefore I didn’t make a backup of the old bios… Kind of regretting that right now.

Anyone able to offer assistance?A copy of the old bios and pointers as to how I could reflash perhaps? (kind of new to this)

After saving for months I bought a new computer just a couple of days ago., and then this happens. Needless to say, I'm not in the best of moods at the moment:) Anyways, any help or reassuring words would be greatly appreciated

6. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  7. Psycho101

Psycho101 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    Don't worry, you haven't broken anything. If the BIOS flash was the cause of your new found problems, then flashing back will certainly fix them.

Follow the link to obtain the original BIOS (posted by civato) then use nVflash to flash the card.

It might look and seem scary, and that you've wrecked a £400 card. You haven't, and you'll soon be up and gaming again.

If you're keen to have the upped voltage that was in the updated BIOS, then after you restore your card, consider manually editing the voltage settings in the known working original BIOS, then simply use that to obtain the same benefits. Follow civato's excellent guide on how to do it, and I'm sure he'll give you a hand if you get stuck.

8. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks a lot for the help so far! It's good to hear that the problem can be rectified.

I have followed the instructions in the guide for making a boot usb for a blind flash, including the .bat file with the "C:\nvflash 1.rom" command (1.rom = what I've named the old bios).

My question is; after I boot from the usb, how long should I wait before restarting the system? I really do not want to risk interrupting the process

And, would one of the other command for the .bat file be more preferable, or are they 100% interchangeable?

9. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Don't do a blind flash if you don't need to , blind flash is done only when the GPU gives no signal at all , no more image appears on the monitor.
    Lets say you reboot after 5 minutes. I do not recommend this , this blind flash is a last resort if your gpu is bricked by bad flash and don't have no image on your monitor.

If you boot from usb you should see the c:\ command line , there you type in the commands. (it is possible you need to go into motherboard settings/boot options and select it to boot from usb first)

After you typed in the flash command (example , lets say the bios is called GTX570 , you type in nvlfash GTX570.rom and press enter) Now you will see that it found a matching gpu , you need to confirm with y (yes) a (abort) s (skip, if more then one gpu).

Press y and the update flash will start , after it is done you will get succes messages and the C:\ line appears again.

That is your sign to reboot pc !!

Steps that I do:

-1: Make USB bootable usb (that you did I think)

First install "HP USB Storage Format Tool"

It's included in the download package (fermi bios editor guide).

-Connect your USB to your PC.
    -Start "HP USB Storage Format Tool"
    -Select the USB
    -Select FAT32
    -Mark "Create a DOS startup disk"
    -using DOS system files located at
    (pick the "USB image w7" file for this, also included in the download package)
    -Start.
    [​IMG]
    And now it's ready. Keep in mind I tested this on my system, Windows7 64bit, so it's possible that you need to get your own DOS system files to put on the USB.

-2: Put the nvflash files nvflash.exe, cwsdpmi.exe and your BIOS onto the USB (explained in flash guide)

-3: THESE 3 BASIC COMMANDS[/B]
    nvflash --protectoff (enter) = this command let you see the installed GPU(s) and removes the write protect so you can flash.

nvflash --save(File name that you give .rom) (enter) = this command makes a save of the selected GPU BIOS. ( do this before you flash your new BIOS, so you got a backup of the original).

nvflash(Name of the BIOS and copied to the bootable).rom (enter)
    this command will flash your GPU with the new BIOS that you selected by typing the name of the BIOS.
    NO WAY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not interrupt!!!!!!!! and wait for the succesfull message.

-4: REBOOT pc.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  10. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    I really appreciate the help I've been getting.

I've tried multiple times to reflash now, both using the blind flash method (have tried different commands in the .bat file) and by attempting to do a standard flash and typing the commands without being able to see what's happening.

When booting from the usb and to dos I am usually not able to see more than vertical lines and the "_" where I can write. The _ moves when I type, and it also moves downwards when I think nvflash is working, but I'm not able to see what's happening. As stated, I have tried both methods several times, but with no luck.

Guess I might have to send the card in for repair, or get myself an additional one to be able to see and fix (with the added bonus of SLI once everything is fixed).

Are there any possible reasons for the problems I have been having apart from the new bios itself? (Almost nothing but flashing lines and artifacts in startup and bios, and windows 7 running in 640x480 with bad colours. Seemingly unable to fix this through manipulating drivers)

Edit:
    Tried another thing. Edited the .iso file from the top post. Removed the new bios from the iso and inserted the old one, changing its name to that of the new bios (1000.rom) so that it would work correctly with the included .bat file. Burned the edited image to a dvd, and booted from this. Nvflash seems to start running, the _ moves around (I am not able to see any text) and stops in the expected position. I believe it is asking me to confirm the firmware update. I press y and nvflash starts working. Wait for some minutes, remove dvd, and reboot. Nope, nothing has changed. GPU-Z still shows no bios change. I guess nvflash encounters some sort of problem when trying to flash, but I'm not able to see what it is, so this is kind of hopeless

11. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Are you sure the usb is fixed correctly and the nvlfash files are on it.
    Is the bios file a .bin file it needs to be .rom.
    make sure you type in the protectoff command (nvflash --protectoff)first before you type in the flash command.

Also if you are using a azerty keyboard in DOS you need to type with it like it is qwerty , the q is an a and so on... (because you don't see what you are typing you are maybe typing nvflqsh instead of nvflash)

If you got a older gpu stick that in and put the GTX570 in a second pci-E slot , connect the monitor to the old gpu.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  12. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Here is the contents of the usb + the autoexec (on laptop):[​IMG]

the usb seems to be working properly, the nvflash files are on it, the bios file is a .rom file, and my keyboard is qwerty. Might have to try with an additional card then, I guess

Edit: in the .bat file, would changing "C" to the letter of the usb port make any difference?

13. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    all seems ok m8 but try this order:
    -prep usb and put bios on there , (call it backup.rom)

-Open up Notepad, not Wordpad, not Office Word, but Notepad.

-Click File then Save As Autoexec.bat ON YOUR BOOTABLE USB not in a other location and then copy past it , save it directly on your usb !!! and this after you put the bios on it.

-Now you have a blank document saved on the bootable USB disk but we need to edit in a line.

-In the document type:C:\nvflash backup.rom
    Or , type: C:\nvflash -4 -5 -6 backup.rom
    Or , type:C:\nvflash -p -u -f backup.rom

Then click save and close the document.

14. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
  15. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    I am quite sure I did it exactly this way, but I will give it another try tomorrow.

Yep, I am able to start windows, and everything apart from the GPU seems to work normally. Can I get it to work on 64 bit W7 somehow?

Big thanks to you both:)!

16. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Yep ,I run it on my 64 bit w7.
    Put the nvflash items with your BIOS in a folder and run command promed from that folder and in the cmd you type in the commands like in dos.

Here some more info on flashing in windows http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3906288&postcount=1213

17. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    At last, progress!:)

Managed to run nvflash from in windows from command prompt. With the nvflash -4 -5 -6 1.rom I get the following message:

"WARNING: None of the firmware image compatible PCI Device ID's match the PCI Device ID of the adapter.
    Adaptder PCI Device ID: 1086
    Firmware image PCI device ID: 1081
    WARNING: Firmware image PCI subsystem ID (10DE.087E)
    does no match adapter PCI Subsystem ID (19DA.1207)
    WARNING: FIrmware image Board ID (D00F) does not match adapter Board ID (D012).

PCI Device ID override detected.
    (...)
    Are you sure you wanat to continue?" And when I do, the text goes on to detail that this is a serious and risky action, and seldom neccesary.

So, should I go for it?

18. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Well your card is bricked anyway,your giving nvflash the command to overide so it is normal that it warns you.
    Can you save the current bad BIOS and post it. For me so I can download it.
    I need to see it, and I will prep a BIOS for you.
    Use nvflash for windows to save it.

I'm of to bed now m8 will get back tommorow morning.

19. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Used GPU-Z to save it: http://www.2shared.com/file/aS9z6xF-/nonfunctioning.html

Ok, and thanks again for the help, m8

So, I went ahead and force flashed to the old bios. It seems that that in itself was succesful, and GPU-Z now reports BIOS version as 70.10.17.00.03. However, apart from that, nothing else has changed. Any ideas what the problem can be? Driver-related? Physical damage of some sort?

20. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Ok , the bios that you send me is just fine so something must have gone wrong with flash , I think wrong ID causing the driver not loading correct.
    But I need more info , I see that zotac got 2 AMP versions of the GTX570 , one reference model (fan) and one with middel fan and custom board.
    What is your card ? and what was your first bios version before you flashed it ?
    I'm guessing 70.10.17.00.03 ?
    I think we can fix your problem but I need more info on what type of card it is , give me a link so I can see the model.

NOTE TO YOU ALL:
    Lesson , never flash just anything you find on the net !!! The bioses from the first post are not even found at ZOTAC support site , they were send by e-mail.
    And if you deside to flash a bios make sure it was you recieving that e-mail from customers service and not something you find on the net.

Message for the OP , what you say in the first post is not correct , it is impossible that that bios will work on 2 differend types of cards (or you need to mod the bios but that didn't happen)

quote: Official Bios for Zotac GTX 570 AMP! (ZT-50 202-10P and ZT-50 204-10M)

The 202-10P is reference board design (NVIDIA GF110 -1260005) , the 204-10M is custom board ( GF110 - 12630000)

I know you wanted to share some info but this is fubar m8. We are not talking about a simple driver update but a bios flash that can and will brick your card if the ID's don't match , I don't know what is in the zotac image file so it is possible that it overides any warning from nvflash.
    Next time get your info correct and do some research before you upload something!
    I'm sorry if I'm a little harsh but this problem could have been avoided if the info was correct