Serious Sam 3 low framerate with my machine!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by D4rKy21, Nov 26, 2011.

1. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Hi i bought this game yesterday on steam and its the only freaking game thats slow on my pc even the loading intro screen is like taking forever, and this is the only game that i am having problems with, games like metro 2033, crysis 2, battlefield 3 runs like charm on my pc, so whats going on here ?

2. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Firsty, the game is very demanding. Are you running on Ultra presets?

If so, turn down cpu preset to 'lowest' in options. Now you need to go through the indivdual cpu settings and turn them all up manually so you end up the the option reading'lowest with 12 customized'

This will be running at ultra trust me but the game runs a good 20-30 frames faster for me like this and I have similar set up to you.

Also, make sure you have supersampling turned off as this halves the framerate but you should be able to take at least 4x msaa. I donr use fxaa as I hate the effect on this game.

Try this and you will be surprised at the results. Also, I have newest beta drivers.

3. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Thx for the advice i know that about supersampling, but its realy a mess with this game that is so performance bugged i mean its al in dx9 and it dont play very smooth, i go crazy when i already see the long loading times on each level or in the intro when u start the game, this realy bugs me.

4. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    You are welcome, the cpu settings trick really does work so hopefully it will for you.

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i get really poor performance if i dont run the auto detect feature everytime i enter the game. if i dont i get 30-40 fps, but if i run the auto detect i get a pretty solid 60 fps vsynced. the game detects cpu: ultra, gpu: ultra, and gpu memory: high

i think it's an sli issue, noone that's running a single gpu seems to have many issues.

oh and if i go from sp to mp i have to run the auto detect again also, if not my frame rates are basically cut in half. very odd bug ...

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Sounds like a very poorly coded game....

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    well, it sure seems it doesn't like sli setups! Hey, anyone else around here running sli in this game?

8. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    So...what's your opinion about the game..? besides the performance issues..

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    imo it's great. play's and looks great, runs great too if i run the auto configurator everytime i enter the game :bang:

10. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I am but I am getting 99% on each card. The thing that drops my frames is the cpu preset. I run everthing else tweaked to the max(supersampling disabled and no fxaa as I hate the effect) 8x msaa also.

I think although the sli could be improved driver side or with a patch, it seems the cpu is getting hammered as the shadows are being renedered on cpu instead of gpu.

Incidently, running on lowest cpu settings and then setting manually each to max turns off dynamic shadows,mirror reflection and pre bakes the lighting so not the magic trick I though it was:(

11. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Can't say im having much problem at all running this game. But then again i am using 3x GTX580's in tri-SLI.

I do notice a few stutters every now and then though but i reckon those will be ironed out with the next Nvidia driver which we should see in the next 2 weeks.

12. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have no issues running this game either, providing i run the auto detect feature everytime i start the game. if i don't run it my frame rates are in the toilet! if i do, i can run Ultra GPU, Ultra CPU, and High GPU memory. 2048x1152 4xAA, pretty much a constant 60 fps vsynced. without running the auto detect i get 35-45 fps with the same settings??? very strange bug, ive ran sli for many years and never had an issue like this ...

13. evil_religion

evil_religion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 Vapor-X
    Be sure that VRAM isn't full.
    1GB is too little with maximum details. Maybe SLI even needs some extra VRAM?

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    my vram isnt full with GPU Mem @ High, on ultra it is though. this has nothing to do with the auto detect bug though, as auto detect puts my settings at GPU: Ultra CPU: Ultra GPU memory HIGH

its an sli problem near as i can tell nobody except multi gpu users are experiencing problems like mine or similar to mine ...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  15. evil_religion

evil_religion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 Vapor-X
    Now I understand.
    Ok, if true really a weird bug.

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya, it's really an odd one! i started a thread over at the croteam forums and a dev responded so, hopefully theres something they can do about it ...

17. bhill63

bhill63 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    I am running 560 Ti Sli with an I7-950 with no problems at all. Around 75-80 FPS on all settings maxed out.

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    SS3 is really hungry for VRAM, change memory settings to high or medium and you should be able to have cpu and gfx settings at ultra :)

19. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    ok cool :) Sam 3 is my list! i miss the chaos from previous Sam games :D But it seems we need a patch..

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    really! ok, this problem of mine just got stranger! what drivers are you using? ive tried both 285.62 WHQL and 285.79 Beta, both the same.