Crysis 2 DirectX11 low performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ergalle, Nov 25, 2011.

1. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Hi, first excuse my poor english.

I am testing Crysis 2 with an HD6990 (11.11a + CAP2) at 1920x1080, all at maximum in graphic options, with DirectX11 and High resolution textures enabled and the performance is not really good (sometimes the framerate is really low), it is normal with this card?... any way to fix this?.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Nope same here. CF scaling isn't very good in DX11 and AMD just performs pretty bad in this game. What I did: newest patch+official texture pack+DX11 patch. Then I downloaded Maldo's HD texture pack, set the game to DX9 and activated all DX11 features that work with DX9 in Maldos Config Tool.

Now I'm getting great performance and I'm only missing tesselation which IMHO doesn't even add Tess where it should. And it's definetly better looking with MaldoHD in DX9 than vanilla DX11.

3. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Seems to be the problem with ATI/AMD.

I also heard (might be wrong but this is what I heard) they loaded it with Dx11 tesselation so only Nvidia cards can handle it.

4. ergalle

ergalle Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 690
    Then, tesselation is not working with ATI/AMD?... or its working with bad performance?.

This is Crytek´s fault then, just ridiculous.

5. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    See: Giant tesselated invisible ocean. Thank you Nvidia.:rolleyes:

* Use the slider in CCC for tesselation. Obviously you'll need to set it lower.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    "invisible ocean" was already there in Crysis 1/CryEngine 2

and regarding tessellation:

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

what's bad performance?? if you are saying your fps drops below 60, well that's normal for this game. It plays great for me with maldo's HD texture mod and sice the early reviews before any crysis 2 drivers were even released there has been a confirmed 20% increase in performance.

As for the tesselation slider, dropping to 16x from 64x nets me 2 fps, lol.

8. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    I get 30fps and 50% usage on the 3 gpus. Performance is horrible.

9. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Invisible tesselated ocean wasn't there in Crysis 1/CryEngine 2 Ocean? yes. All highly tesselated? No.

Where did MaLdo's post come from and what hardware are they using? Yes, this should work fine with nvidia cards due to superior tesselation with those cards. Performance could be much better all around without the suspect tesselation on things that don't need it. http://techreport.com/articles.x/21404

10. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    crysis 2 naturally preforms much better on NVIDIA cards unfortunately

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  12. baldbod2000

baldbod2000 Guest

GPU:
    radeon 5870
    You need to press alt and enter to go into window mode then press alt and enter again to go to full screen. crysis2 vsync is locked to 30 frps

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Not sure if it was answered or not, but, Crysis 2 has a river of invisible tessellation underground, everywhere, which if understood right, is only meant to make the game run better on Nvidia hardware

Edit: Er, nvm I see it was mentioned already :p

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    What happened to GPU's compared to back in the days of GeForce 4 Ti 4600, that I read all those years ago that the GPU's would only render items in sight. Not stuff thats hidden away.

15. cesaroco

cesaroco Guest

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD7970
    Well i dont think this is normal... i made some benchmarks (with the tool) sometime ago (i had a 1090t yet) and my fps were good (well at least my average was more than 60 fps).
    So with a 2600k you should be able to average around 70fps...