G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    thanks!

i thought it didnt work because post #1035. ill give it a try

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I still don't understand why the 4gb fix would help. I've never seen the game go over 900mb.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't understand it either but the LAA patch definitely stabilises the game for me. Prior to using it I was getting intermittent exits to the desktop whilst taking screenshots with Afterburner/Steam (they occurred after taking ten or more shots) but since using it I was able to play the game and take screenshots for over 35 hours without a single issue or exit... until...

Steam patched the game yesterday and whilst playing with the LAA-less version I've already had one quit to the desktop after only a couple of hours of playing. I wasn't taking screenshots either but simply running across Skyrim's countryside. It could be just a coincidence I guess but reports from other people suggest they've had the same experiences as me and that LAA definitely helped reduce the frequency of the desktop 'crashes' (I don't really like to call them crashes though as there is no indication in the event log or on screen that the exits are caused by a crash).

4. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    i have a question.. ati released new drivers which "increases" skyrim performance a bit.
    Do i really need to download "stupidly" large 100mb ati drivers just to update them? And i also forgot, i need to uninstal then install drivers..right?

5. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Probably either a memory leak (running out of RAM, which the LAA patch would effectivly double) or a collision with the protected low half of the Address Space (reserved for Kernal memory if not compiled as LAA). Both Oblivion and Fallout3 had these issues, hence why I avoid Bethdesia games like the plauge.

That being said, tehre is no reason to compile ANY exe without the LAA flag...

6. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I have a similar setup, for me the Game runs fluid on max settings, AA off, land and tree shadows enabled via ini.
    What settings are you running the game with?

7. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    There may be a hardcap at 81. I'm not sure on this one.

8. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Doesn't work. Crashes all the time now.

I'll have to disable all custom modifications to ini and revert back to stock if I want to even play the game. As far as I know it would still crash form time to time. They should make 64-bit exe.

10. bell1684

bell1684 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 260 SSC
    Yes this is a bug..same thing happened to me when I changed the F key assignment - just switch it back to the default & your favorites will work again.

Hopefully this will be addressed in a future patch

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ever since that update yesterday the game got screwed up.

I'm getting random lock ups. Sometimes people and animals show up completely Yellow or Blueish.

Sigh...

12. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    Look to see what key is now used for third person. That is the favorites key also.

13. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II
    I've disenchanted a magic robe (+50% magic regen) to learn the "Fortify Magic Regen" (+20%) enchantment.

After I've upgraded my enchantment skill, is there any way to disenchant another (similar) magic robe, to learn the same enchantment again (but now a more powerful version since my enchantment skill went up)? Because it's grayed out in my enchantment menu since now I already know "Fortify Magic Regen".

14. AuspiciousAugur

AuspiciousAugur Member Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Well, if you know something already, then you know it, there's nothing more you could learn from it. You'll get it to be more powerful by having a higher enchantment skill + whatever perks are applicable.

15. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II
    So as my enchantment skill goes up, the enchantment automatically becomes stronger?

16. AuspiciousAugur

AuspiciousAugur Member Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Yep , plus there are a bunch of perks increasing some enchantment aspects, check the tree. Can also boost it a bit (or a lot if you want to exploit the mechanics) by drinking potions.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    No, they don't, but it allows you to pick perks that make enchantments stronger.

Pretty sure the first perk on the list makes it 20% stronger.

edit: erm, conflicting, i'm unsure if the base skill level has an effect beyond the perks

18. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Going against the flow somewhat, but, since the update, which I didn't even know had been applied (was using the 4gb switch) I am running better than ever... been playing all afternoon (six hours) without a single hitch/crash/stutter [which I did occasionally have before]. Maybe its the AMD 11.12 beta's (thanks Marthand) or because I'm not tweaking the cfg's (apart from tree shadows and FOV) but Skyrim is running like a dream here.

Running HD snow, trees, furniture and actor textures, along with sunglare.

Not trying to be smug or clever, but just reporting things as I find them... I have a 4GB enabled exe. but I'm keeping this one.

Having said that I do not like the sneaky way this was forced on people... I had no indication whatsoever until I tried to launch without Steam.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just ran the game vanilla and it doesn't lock up anymore. Mods are cursed! And i only used texture addons...pfff :(

20. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.