Crossfire GPU1 100% load at idle w/ 11.11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by XoX1de, Nov 20, 2011.

1. XoX1de

XoX1de Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD6850 CrossfireX OC
    Since I installed 11.11, my GPU1 goes into 100% load everytime when logged into desktop. the temperature in speedfan shows a major difference, 50C vs 31C for GPU2... I have saphhire trixx running in the background, as well as the ati traytool.

2. hawkeye1402

hawkeye1402 Guest

GPU:
    ati 6970 crossfire
    Try putting the top card on the bottom slot and botton on top slot I know it may sound silly .I have found it works most times. I been messing about with computers for many years and something the madest things can fix the peoplems .hope this works for you let me know good luck

3. XoX1de

XoX1de Guest

GPU:
    Swapped the card still same problem.

4. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    OMG !! Is that bug back again ?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

5. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    I really hope this bug hasn't reared its ugly head again! I'm also running a CrossfireX system, so I'll report back if I see it...

6. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    That was a 5 series bug, the OP is using a 6 series.

7. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Perhaps it's CCC + all the 3rd party GPU apps causing the issue? I've definitely seen this happen before.

8. Conker

Conker Guest

GPU:
    Quadfire 2x7990s
    That happened to me before on 4xxx series. Use driver sweeper after you uninstall the drivers. Make sure you only got 1 crossfire cable connected instead of 2. Sometimes reseating or moving the card to another slot helps like someone else said.

9. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Same prob here (on 2nd card though) with 5770CF since I installed the 2nd card months ago.

Happens every time, with any set of drivers/caps (always using Driver Sweeper).

Tried uninstalling-removing both cards-installing only one&adding the 2nd, disabling/enabling CF on CCC, nothing.

I thought about creating profiles on Afterburner (always latest beta) but it's a mess when using DXVA, Gaming, Browsing etc.

Ideas?

10. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    Don't use DXVA. Video quality is higher when using it on CPU anyway with FFDSHow or whatever you use. And also, on mobile laptops, been proven that CPU video rendering is actually more power efficient than AMD DXVA. So there is really no reason to use DXVA at all.

11. XoX1de

XoX1de Guest

GPU:
    Removed driver, used driver sweeper. Removed all 3rd party gpu software. Reinstalled 11.11. Same issue. 11.10 and 11.9 was fine. I figured out when I run gpuz and close it, it will solve the issue and gpu load gets back to 0. So now I put gpuz in startup folder so whenever I restart pc, it will run gpuz to temporary fix the prob. Amd driver is being really sh1**y this year.

12. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Plz explain a bit.

Thnx!

13. XoX1de

XoX1de Guest

GPU:
    Sry wasnt easy with cellphone.

Well I uninstalled the graphic driver then use driver sweeper, then reinstall the 11.11 whql. GPU1 still in 100% load after windows startup. I did everything... Maybe I should try the leaked 8.93 driver.

As for the GPUZ, whenever I run it, the 100% load problem will stop, its weird.

14. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    I got the 1st part, I just needed some explanation on the GPU-Z trick.

Doesn't work for me.

Still, thank you. Again.