G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^it's half the fun ;) and will keep this game alive for a long time, best £28 i've spent on a game in a long time.

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Me too.
    It got the better of me though, it does look good.

+1

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  4. grimeleven

grimeleven Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2 2GB

5. Zool

Zool Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6600 GT
    Thief Guild bug

Anyone had a bug with the Thief Guild quests?

I've done the preliminary quests for Brynjolf where you steal a ring and put it in someone pockets then went to the place underground also the follow up where you have to convince a few people to pay up.

But now I'm supposed to follow him to somewhere and he's just stuck in his booth, with all the other merchants standing around him (as they were during the distraction for the initial quest...).

This means I can't get the quest finished and progress with the Thief Guild... I've tried waiting, travelling in and out, and even looking for the NPC that should finish the quest (Mercer) but can't find him...

Anyone has any ideas? It's a quite annoying as I can't really do anything in Riften... I'm leaving that quest aside for now and doing other stuff and hopefully the patch will fix it but maybe one of you has a way of sorting this out.

Loving the game though even with the few problems (CTDs, missing textures here and there - it's a big game after all, but probably the best Bethesda has released so far) - 50 odd hours in and still only done only a few of the main quests :)

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^use spoiler tags...

There's a bug with the 'Skyrim HD - 2K Textures by NebuLa' mod where it causes mountain texture to disappear, I've gotten rid of it, the landscape textures on prevoius page along with the whiterun texture mod work fine though.

7. grimeleven

grimeleven Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2 2GB
    Yeah i got it too as well as many other textures mods, huge difference, that bug should be fixed now. "VERSION 1.0.2 - Full Version- Fixes "No Texture" Bug / Wood Specular Fixed"

8. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I'm just about to talk to him, I've applied the Esbern fix though, if that makes any difference.
    Have you tried hitting him or something?

I agree, but I think it helps the game keep alive, and it's surely going to be fun later!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Guys... I'm going crazy with that not-swaying trees issue... Please, some of you gurus find a solution!! :D

Even with everything on stock settings, no INI tweaks, no FXAA injector, NOTHING, even by starting a new game, those trees stay still... The game loses so much immersivity... :(

EDIT: maybe I've found a solution, let me know if it works for you too, i've just tried and trees are moving:

Just put a # before the command fTreesMidLODSwitchDist which is located in Skyrimprefs.INI.

10. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

For some reason, it looks terrible for me here. Almost looks like bugged out.

12. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Is it me, or are shadows disabled in certain interiors? So far I've noticed that there are no dynamic shadows in for example Dwemer ruins, or in the blue palace.

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I'd guess it's a per light property. Maybe the level designers though that the scene would be too heavy for their taste, therefore turned off the shadows.

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

yeah no shadows in the blue palace, very strange.. hopefully will be fixed in the next patch or in a mod.

Looks fine for me, pics posted a couple of posts above.

Could be an issue with installation or previous mod? delete the water folder from data\textures\ and recopy the mod files also make there's no ini file changes to water.

15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    That's normal... Not every light casts shadows... Sometimes everything looks too much flat.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Vanilla

[​IMG]

insaneOH Version 1

[​IMG]

insaneOH Version 2

[​IMG]

Realistic Water by isoku

[​IMG]

Dunno why more of you aren't fan of the high-res clean looking water that provides more reflection btw.

17. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrIukRYCDPU

check the first few seconds you see stuff flickering asswell

18. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RX 6800XT
    Damn... I just wanna say that never before I was attracted to play an Elder Scrolls game... and for the first time I decided to try.
    And man... this is addiction! I don't care about any mods, I just enjoy this masterpiece as it is served by the chef :)

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

insaneOH Version 1

[​IMG]

insaneOH Version 2

[​IMG]

insaneOH Version 1

[​IMG]

insaneOH Version 2

[​IMG]

The first version just looks flat and almost dead, there's no movement to the water and it just looks totally out of place next to a waterfall. The second shot you can see the flatness even more.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

OMG how do you get such blurry water like that? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.