low fps in Saints row : the third

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lorikano, Nov 19, 2011.

1. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Full gpu usage means diddly to me these days. Make sure to atleast install CAP2. I also heard disablling AA really improves fps (for now!). Hopefully the performance drivers don't fall short. Seems like a really good game from the videos...just takes the fun aspects of GTA and makes a game about it.

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I initially thought it came from the news of SR3's home page but no such information was made about a specific AMD problem. Then later realized that it didn't come from SR3 main website.

There are people with nvida cards having problems with the game:
    http://saintsrow.com/community/go/thread/view/136781/28692649/keeps_crashing

So it's not cut and dry just because some think that one manuf. of card(s) get good frame rates.

Actually people with nvidia cards are having problems in the game. Check out the link I posted earlier as one example. Or:
    http://saintsrow.com/community/go/thread/view/136781/28700849/DX10__11_Version_not_working (can't get DX10 working)
    Etc.

So the game isn't as rosy for one pc setup as some would like you to believe ;).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  3. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    4070TI
    SR3 runs great on nvidia cards

4. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    well sure you can find some people with nvidia cards having issues, but I have an nvidia card too in my htpc/desktop and it works 100% fine. The difference is that there is a problem with the driver and its confirmed, low fps thats not user error or some other pc problem.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If you can see that it doesn't matter what video card you have people can have problems with the game. Then the issues really isn't specific to just one manufacture. ;)

6. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    4070TI
    You dont want to admit that there is an issue with sr3 and AMD graphic card.

7. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    thats not what im getting at, people can have issues with any program with any configuration if their pc isnt stable. In this case the amd drivers are causing an issue.

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The same can be asked of you about the problems with nvidia cards. Apparently you've ignored them.

But it is were I'm getting at. That's not relevant when you look at the whole picture. Which contradicts your post entirely.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  9. vkvkvvk

vkvkvvk Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I knew something was seriously wrong when my gtx 550 ti performed smoother then my 6950.......

10. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    Must wait for new drivers or maybe some patch, idk ...

11. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    4070TI
    lol!!!!
    you still dont want to admit the specific problem with AMD and this game.

********* writes: "Saints Row: The Third has just been released and a lot of PC gamers are experiencing low performance with AMD’s hardware. Before you jump to early conclusions, no. This is not a hasty port like Saints Row 2. This time around, the problem is with AMD’s drivers as Nvidia’s users are enjoying the game in its full glory as we speak."

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    LOL, the same old quote (already responded to in a previous post). But yeah, lets all ignore their own forums where nvidia users are having problems ;).

13. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I'm playing SR3rd at over 100-140FPS at full settings at 1920x1080, I dunno what problems all of you guys are supposedly having

Also I love how its all posters under 20 posts and Nvidia card owners stiring up crap here

P.S. My friend has a Phenom II 955 and a Radeon 5870 and he's getting over 60FPS at all times with max settings

I get the feeling the trolls are out in full force here in this thread

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  14. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
  15. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    ROFL. Troll is you.:biggun:

Check this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYit5y4UxjQ&feature=feedu

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I`m having 0 problems with this game. for every 5-6 complaints there are thousands of people with 0 issues.

17. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    You wrong, at 3 ppl who have no problems with this game is thousand who has.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    not on the nvidia side^^^^. this is in response to the person claiming just as many problems with nvidia and amd in this game. please do not tell me I am wrong without proving it

19. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    just lowering the shadows and ambient occulsion settings and you'll be fine.

20. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Citation needed