Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Except constant crashes, freezing, odd performance hiccups, ectera.

I've crashed more with this game than I have in my entire gaming life. Seriously. Emulators crash less than it. :p

They have done alot server side, but they need to hurry up and fix the damn game.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    What browser are you using? I tried to run Chrome yesterday but went back to IE9 shortly after. I never use it but BF3 works best with it, at least for me.

I finished the campaign today and it was quite entertaining to be honest. On the other hand it was short, really really short. When I saw the credits and the mentioning of "Danger Close" I knew why :D MoH was just the same, 3-4 hours campaign (stretched a little due to far apart save points in some places) with an abrupt ending.

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    What do you mean "thanks for nothing" ... If every gamers bi&%h about little pety things like that ........ Why does it matter whether you have it a week earlier or later than other platforms ?:bang:

5. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    There is no deal to do with "PC". DICE can make a deal with Sony or Microsoft, there is no company that makes "the PC". Sony probably paid some sort of price to get the content early. Who cares? If it was my company, I would chose to get paid.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    not gonna fret over that. i got it for free. having to wait longer aint going to kill me.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I don't think it's browser related, I use Chrome all the time and I've got no issues.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well i was not crying or anything just saying.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh jeez you mean to tell me sony paid for that right... omg that sucks :wanker:

well its not like they owe the pc community anything now that they are all rich and high brow.

i only care just alittle since the maps suck donkey butt now and really wanted to see the abortion of a job they did to the "pc maps". :)

10. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    They owe you nothing. Goods were exchanged for money at a price that you were willing to pay....Games are a tremendous value considering the hours that people spend playing them. I have seen people saying they spent 500+ hours on certain maps alone in BF2....You don't get that sort of value anywhere else for $50.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    but i can also say f the patch "you got what you paid for dont like it too bad"

ed
    that would save alot of money for ea and dice if you guys really care about ea/dice tell them you dont need a patch its ok..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  12. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    I'm going to be frank - bitching about DICE is mostly unwarranted. If I was them, I'd be DEEPLY annoyed already. How much bitching happened about patches and bigger maps for BC2? There was OUTRAGE in the PC community where people were saying that DICE had betrayed PC gamers. Guess what DICE did?

They surprised us with ****ing amazing maps that were huge.

I honestly have faith in DICE - while BF3 is not perfect, it's most of the way there, IMO. Commo-rose and the chat box certainly need to be worked on, and DICE has promised both will be updated in coming patches. B2K looks ****ing amazing, and the bugs are being acknowledged by DICE - they've already addressed many of them with changes for the upcoming patch(es).

Does no one remember how even after many years, DICE released that huge patch for BF2?

Why don't we compare it to another developer who claimed to be PC supporters? Crytek? Now that company is worth bitching about - they pretty much gave up on Crysis 2 support despite continued problems. Not to mention that whole DirectX 11 fiasco.

I say have a bit of patience and give DICE the benefit of the doubt. By no means does this mean to stop notifying them of problems, or to stop keeping up pressure for them to make good on promises. It just means to not bitch as much and have a little faith.

- PR-0927

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    You mention the 1.5 patch for BF2.

It was mentioned in 2006.

They got it out in late 2009, almost 2010.

Yeah, they really supported their game.

15. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Honestly I was impressed that they still did it so many years later - Crytek gave up in a few months...

My comment was directed in general towards whiners, not you. There were others in this thread bitching.

- PR-0927

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    the only good thing about any of the bf2 patches was the no cd thing and all the expansion mp maps

they made vanilla bf2 seem like 3 different games with patches..thats a good bargin.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i must stop playing skyrim and play bf3....i must...i must :)

18. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I dont understand why they implemented Kill-Cam in the first place.. I take cover and shoot someone when he didnt see where i am and kill-cam just gives away my position. #rd person driving is retarded too. You see everything from an unrealistic point

19. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    BF3 PC patch is coming next week.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...2011/11/18/incoming-battlefield-3-update.aspx

"Next week we are publishing a significant Battlefield 3 client update for the PC. Console patches take a bit longer due to the certification requirements for console content, but it will follow shortly after the PC update.

So what’s in the PC patch? You’ll see improved polish, stability, weapons balancing, squad control functionality, user interface enhancements, and several feature enhancements that address feedback the community has provided to date – plus we’re removing the so called “negative mouse acceleration” that some of you have experienced."

I like how we don't have to wait for them.

20. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Hope they put voip in co op cause its quite frustrating when your playing a public quick match there's no way of communicating with your teammate which is need for missions like drop 'em like liquid and you can't even get a chat menu like in mp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.