G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Alright so I got off work couple hours ago, took a nap, got my 5 hour energy in, and now I've been playing Skyrim for about an hour.

Impressions so far, the whole opening part is kind of long and dragged out, but it was like that in past Elder Scrolls games so I was expecting it.

Performance- This is what I'm really surprised about! I'm running 720p, high-ultra settings, with FXAA enabled with AA and AF both at x2, and it's quite playable. It goes from 30-50 maybe by guessing, and it's fun! Some parts of the game I feel like it's a step down from Oblivion, but most parts is easily better!

All and all, glad I bought this on my PC instead of my 360.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @vbetts - If you want a bit of extra performance then you could disable 2x MSAA altogether in favour of using only FXAA as the performance hit is minimal but gives fairly decent anti-aliasing overall, roughly comparable to 4x MSAA + Transparency Multisampling, though it doesn't remove all jaggies and does introduce some slight blurring of textures.

3. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Anybody kind enough to post some shadow tweaks. THe ugly shadows are really ruining it for me :(.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Say bye bye to your familiy and friends, the game will suck you in :)

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Will do! Thanks for the tip! :D

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  7. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
  8. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
  9. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    You can use this mod to counter the texture blur introduced by FXAA. And you set custom FXAA strength along with other visual tweaks that don't really affect performance.

I'm using it at the moment, only made same very subtle visual tweaks, here are my custom settings if anyone wants to try out (paste in injFX_Settings.h)

/*======================================================================================
    "USER" ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS
    ======================================================================================*/

// TODO: Normalize values to be on a human range scale, whole numbers prefered, decimals usable for micro adjustments
    // These values should have min/max limit checks included in their functions, so that the end user doesn't get crazy results

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FILTER SELECTION
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    // Comment to deactivate an effect.
    // Example: To disable the tonemap effect, use // in front of #define USE_TONEMAP
    #define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
    #define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
    //#define USE_BLOOM
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR
    #define USE_TONEMAP
    //#define USE_SEPIA
    #define USE_VIGNETTE
    //#define USE_POST_SHARPEN
    //#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FXAA SHADER
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    // Set values to calculate the amount of Anti Aliasing applied
    float fxaaQualitySubpix = 0.44; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
    float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.1; // Lower the value for more smoothing
    float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.01; // Lower the value for more smoothing

PRE_SHARPEN
    //For higher precision in the calculation of contour, requires slightly more processing power
    bool highQualitySharpen = 0; //0 = Disable | 1 = Enable

// Set values to calculate the amount of AA produced blur to consider for the sharpening pass
    #define Average 0.4
    #define CoefBlur 0.8

// Set values of the sharpening amount
    #define SharpenEdge 0.4
    #define Sharpen_val0 0.6

BLOOM
    // Number of samples per pixel taken for the Bloom effect. Don't set it to high! 4 = 25spp, 8 = 81spp, 16 = 289spp
    #define NUM_SAMPLES2 4 // Must be set with a value dividable by 2
    float BloomPreset = 5; // Disabled = 0 (Valid Preset Values = 1 to 9) Preset value 1 to 9 takes control over the next 3 settings.
    float BloomThreshold = 1; // The min. level at which the effect starts (Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning)
    float BloomWidth = 1; // Sets the width of the effect (Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning)
    float BloomPower = 1; // The power of the effect (Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning)

TECHNICOLOR
    #define TechniAmount 0.07 // 1.00 = Max
    #define TechniPower 6.0 // lower values = whitening

// lower values = stronger channel
    #define redNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max
    #define greenNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max
    #define blueNegativeAmount 1.0 // 1.00 = Max

TONEMAP
    #define Gamma 0.97
    #define Exposure 0.1
    #define Saturation 0.12 // use negative values for less saturation.
    #define BlueShift 0.00 // Higher = more blue in image.
    #define Bleach 0.00 // Bleach bypass, higher = stronger effect
    #define Defog 0.10 // Strength of Lens Colors.
    #define FogColor float4(0.13, 0.12, 0.1, 0.1) //Lens-style color filters for Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

SEPIA
    #define Earthyellow // Color Tone, available tones can be seen in ColorTones.PNG (Do not use spaces in the name!)
    #define SepiaPower 0.5 // 1.00 = Max

VIGNETTE
    // Vignette effect, process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of the image, like a picture frame
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // Center of screen for effect.
    #define VignetteRadius 0.60 // lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -0.036 // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

POST_SHARPEN
    // Controls additional sharpening applied after previous processing. Strength should be max 0.25!
    float Sharpen = 0.05;

FINAL_LIMITER
    // Controls the strenght of the limiter. 1.000 for default setting
    int LimiterStrenght = 1.000;

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    omg my savegame loads me to arch mage quarters but when i try to leave it into skyrim it just doesn't load the damn thing anymore... does that on every save :( i don't want to lose my game ffs

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Try leaving onto one of the balconies and fast traveling from there.

12. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    i am busy with guild quests for now and done 10 deadra missions.. i guess a few mission left there.. i wonder what triggers civil war quests? as much as i dont like stormcloaks, didn't join to any side yet :)

i can't resist anymore, this will be my first mod :nerd:

13. Csokis

Csokis Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  14. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    i've tried all the exits. it kinda started after i first left the tower and tried to fast travel to korvanjung or whatever it was and after that it's been doing that whenever i leave tower

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

hahah nice! i wanted the daedric armor as well, but it looks a bit too evil for me haha.
    i think i might stick with the dragonbone once i get it, and use the daedric weapons or something.

17. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    it might be because you have alot of saves in folder.

delete alot of them.

18. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Am I the only one who hasn't been modding their game and just playing? I have a level 25 mage and a level 31 two handed warrior type (who has been using the bow lately for extra levels).

I have been using FXAA and the only mod thing I've used is an extra exe file that makes it border less window (better alt-tabbing).

I still have not been able to get Blood on Ice (the butcher quest that is required to buy the house in Windhelm) to activate. I'm about to try seeing if I can get it to do it from console.

19. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    this game is mind blowing , i spent loads of hours upgrading my enchantment and smithing , but the problem now is that i can make ton of money with no effort ever since i maxed them out , like making a life absorbing iron dagger for 700g , doesnt that sound wrong? also can anyone tell me what the different between difficulty levels? adept-expert-master?

20. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    you need to see me play with a bow.
    then you will love it.
    use perks on archery it will get alot better....trust me..
    and never has there been a game so great with the bow!
    long range kills are sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.