Battlefield 3 Un-Smooth aiming

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ViperAnaf, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    im running the game on 60 fps but the aim is really really not smooth - i can barley aim like this...

im using .79 beta drivers and i disabled HT
    please dont say "disable vsync" cause that just cause tearing and im running the game on 60fps anyways so that doesnt make sense...

p.s im using Razer death adder without the software...

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Make sure u use rawinput and in the nvidia drivers force "Max prerendered frames to render ahead" to 0. Even putting that value to 1 made aiming a hell of alot worse for me.

Keep in mind the game has negative accelleration when moving to fast, lower your DPI for the time being and increase the ingame sensitivity. A fix is in the works. Thus you will have to use the Deathadder WITH it's software.

Your mouse will be running at 1800 or 3500 dpi without it's software. Set it to 450 dpi with the software or 900 and lower the ingame sensitivity. Once it's fixed in the upcoming patch, reconfigure it if needed.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  3. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    1 - im already using raw
    2 - i tried Max prerendered frames to render ahead and it didnt change anything
    3 - about the deathadder software last time i used it really massed my aiming (regardless to bf3) it makes mouse movements weird...

4. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Curious, when you disable v-sync, is your aim better?

5. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    update
    I just tried using death adder software and i ignored the annoying (imo) movements - anyways it didnt change much - its like the game aiming system is based on consoles x/y but when you try to aim in an angle the result is un-smooth movements... :-(

6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    BF3's mouse engine is shocking atm, they already said early on that they will change it back to the beta but who knows when the patch will actually come out..
    Best bet is to fiddle around with the two sensitivity meters until you find something you can cope with until they fix it.

7. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    I had the same problem and solved but turning of the Pointer accerleration (set to none) within my mouse software.

hope this helps.

8. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    well i just uninstalled the Razer software cause mouse movements are so damn weird.. actually i had to restore point before the install the get my mouse movements the way i liked it .. any way to turn mouse acceleration without the software?

9. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Max render ahead in drivers don't affect BF 3 at all. You need to change that value in the game. Set your dpi under 1000. And when you're in the game, open console and type:

RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
    RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1

10. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    It is a known issue and you probably won't be able to fix it until the patch comes out. It is negative mouse acceleration.

11. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Its DICE they won't ever fix it.

12. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    sry guys non of you tips works... i guess its the code itself.. hope they fix it..

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I have raw input enable,dpi set to 1000.

14. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    nah just put these lines in a user.cfg file in battlefield 3 folder.

Putting it into the console everytime is ridiculous

heres what i have in mine
    dont like 0 render ahead as it is toooo fast for me.

I dont use vsync so disabled the triplebuffers aswell

15. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Yeah tried everything and still stutters, also with HT off, the newer driver, my specs should run this fine, and I even tried playing on LOW settings.

Usually the game runs fine, after 5-10 mins it starts stuttering.

The fact they didn't fix it, within a few days after release, says enough about DICE. And DICE had performance issues with earlier titles also.

I actually don't care if it gets fixed or not, but this is probably the last game I bought frome DICE.

I also recommend everyone to try out the "free" test version of any game before buying, if you know what i mean.

16. GPU

GPU Guest

@Phroster

er no problem with the game , it's on your end same with 90% of people having issues
    -now wait for it

the ports that we had to run do not stress any pc , this game will stress it and is why so many noobs have issues

-fix your system
    -I've had jerks go on for pages about this and that only to find he's running some programs or has three monitors and the game won't run ultra on a 560ti

""after 5-10 mins it starts stuttering.""
    get rid of the 16gb of ram you probably have your page file turned off .no bios tweaks for the 16gb of ram.
    -put your system back to a normal config , do a win 7 .clean install
    -run bf3 on med. and trouble shoot from there.
    - if I can run the game @ max. everything @1920x1200 with no issues there IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GAME CODE. it's your system

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  17. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Before stating these things, you dont even know how much time i wasted on trying to fix this.

Yeah I should throw out the 16 GB out the window and go for 4GB?
    The game is 32bits, so won't be able to use more the 4GB.

Of course, I wasted my time on reinstalling windows, updating every possible driver, turning the pagefile, on/off, different sizes...
    HT, HPET, memory timings, clock speeds, stock speeds, etc etc

I even play on low settings.

oh yeah and, did you check these?
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/battlefield-3-vga-and-cpu-performance-benchmark-test/6

There is no way you have a smooth game experience. With those settings.
    Everything max, no way you're getting a constant smooth fps,
    perhaps you're one of those people who say, that the human eye cant see the difference between 30 and 60 fps.
    Well the trained eye does see this. And your eyes need training.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, 90% people have issues?
    Doesn't seem logical to think that this is caused by the PCs then in such a large number.

And lastly, how is it ****ing possible this is a PC issue, when plugging in a xbox 360 controller, the game stops stuttering?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  18. GPU

GPU Guest

-if the game shutters it was the servers in the past, 95% with been fix by dice by now ,if you have changed many servers and it still does it ,it's something in your system.
    -my system is old but well tested on stalkers and arma II.
    -I said to put the system back to normal for testing \ trouble shooting , something is unstable .I have no idea that your system has in it or what your running ,software wise
    -had you started a new thread ,and listed everything a different story but today most of the 560ti and maybe 570,s are maxed vram related and the system trying to adjust for that.
    and why I said a clean install because it could be related some speed tweaks done for windows or ff .
    -I could go on for hours but this thread is about mouse aiming

-added this
    http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1324480

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
  19. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I have no problems with the game or the mouse and im using a $20 logitech mouse I bought at wallmart.

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    No problems here either. Although, I dont use my DeathAdder anymore because its horrible in games for me, no accuracy at all. Im using my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, which works perfect with all games.